Quitting

Quitting

A Poem by Andrew
"

I was passing the time on stumbleupon.com the other day and came across an article that talked about quitting. It inspired me to write about the other side of quitting.

"
To give up is to quit. This is the rule. No exceptions. But what if giving up, could teach us a lesson? Attachments bring pain. This is a universal truth. So, who do you become, when your possessions become you? Take over your life, Choke you out like a weed. You leave life behind, determined to succeed. Gratefulness escapes us, like the moments we ignore. And its not til we've lost, that our jaws hit the floor. Vows to change, trickle out like a fountain. Blatant insincerity, and you ask why we doubt them. It's time to give up. Slowly, it's a process. The rest of our lives will be spent making progress. So slow down, enjoy life. And everything in it. It's better to stay back and quit. Than finish early, and win it.

© 2010 Andrew


Author's Note

Andrew
I'm relatively new to this. I started writing to pass time and usually don't share. It's easier when I don't know anyone. Any kind of criticism is welcome. I actually prefer more comments on ways I can improve than praise without any suggestions for improvement. But positive comments are also always welcome.
Thanks

Drew

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on February 12, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010
Tags: quitting, give up, poem