It's Just Love

It's Just Love

A Poem by Andrew

Love is just love,

It can never be explained.

Unmatched euphoria 

Debilitating pain

Sleepless nights

Restless days

Leaves one asking

Why do we chase

Why do we tease

Why do we aim

To nurture and please

Why do we hide it

Why do we fight it

Decide to curl up

And hide inside it

Why do we ruin it

And push it away

Forgive and forget 

The very next day

The answer is timeless

Always the same 

Love is just love,

It can never be explained.

© 2010 Andrew


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's very musical! Even when reading through the painful parts; the ones that make you say "Yeah, I've been there" I found myself smiling. I like that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


well, I completely agree with Rachel. I would say something more, but she's pretty much said it all.
Oh! I like the ease of reading this. It matches the matter-of-fact lines. Well done :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I agree that the main strong point of this poem is that people can relate to it quite easily. Your audience is bound to have interest in it and become emotionally touched by it because they have endured something similar. Using the plural first person really worked in your favor in this instance. I also liked your repetition of the lines, "Love is just love, It can never be explained." Normally, I don't enjoy repeated lines so far separated - but in this case I feel as if they drew the poem together into one collective thought.
I found no typographical or grammatical errors. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very touching sentiment...I can certainly relate. I think that one of the most tragic things about the "human experience" is love; there is nothing else that can give you such amazing pleasure and such sharp pain. For some reason, I felt as though the flow of the piece really picked up about five lines in...the ending feels so strong.

Posted 14 Years Ago


So true. And many people can connect easily with this poem, especially the part about sleepness nights. *roll eyes*

--Blood

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

475 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010
Tags: love, explained, life, questions