God

God

A Poem by Brown Bull
"

What would God be?

"

GOD

 

What would God be, if we could just see?

That’s a question we’ve all often asked…

 

When I look at a tree or the stars in the sky,
the answers, I don’t quickly find.

 

I’m tempted to think they were put there for me,
by a god who just loved his own kind.

 

But the study of life and the passing of time,
these mysteries we still can’t unwind.

Now some people care for the sick and the lame,
there’s proof that this God must be kind.

 

Still I watch children play, and the idea of sin,
it just never enters my mind.

 

Then I see others hate, in the name of their god,
and I’m sure to the true God they’re blind.

While many will teach, and create works of art,
or donate their lives to mankind.

 

Yes, when we decide that we’re all just the same,
our love for each other, God binds.

 

So I come back at last with the answer at hand…

God would not even be, except for you & me!

© 2010 Brown Bull


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review


God would be just' no thing', for God is a construct of human mind. No body knows his construction, not even by now, often the belief became the fact. This is not so: the work of art is divine, art is something what is included the quality of unity, art is a collective work and yet always special; the thing is - we can see, sometimes, we don't want to. You talk here to a God who is not existing (I say so, for nobody ever proved his existence); furthermore, as far as I can see, he's been constructed; we know this from history (which of course would repeat itself) but who can give me the proof? I desire disclosure.


Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. wonderful! ... you and your words sure are evidence of "the" divine presence ... but i am biased towards stars, polar bears, penguins, flutter bies, squirrels and well ... let me stop right here ... this was a lovely poem ... and profound of course ... :) ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Exactly! This is awesome!
Makes the reader think, a poem that has reached full circle!
God would not be without us, very true!
Gandre's comment interests me too. I am not sold as to whether God exists or is man made, with all respect to those who do believe! :)
I see religion as a means to control people really! It is all the same to me, whether you are Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, etc, etc, we are all striving for the same light at the end of the day, strange how religion divides to such a degree!

Awesome poem!

xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"Now some people care for the sick and the lame,
there’s proof that this God must be kind."
--one of my fave parts. When one understands love, the 'theory" of God just can't be ignored.


Posted 13 Years Ago



God would be just' no thing', for God is a construct of human mind. No body knows his construction, not even by now, often the belief became the fact. This is not so: the work of art is divine, art is something what is included the quality of unity, art is a collective work and yet always special; the thing is - we can see, sometimes, we don't want to. You talk here to a God who is not existing (I say so, for nobody ever proved his existence); furthermore, as far as I can see, he's been constructed; we know this from history (which of course would repeat itself) but who can give me the proof? I desire disclosure.


Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is very insightful. I think the subject of God is one that could be pondered every day of our lives and we could never find the complete truth. I think we each need to find what God means to us. This is a really good faith based poem. I wouldn't expect anything less from you. :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

459 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2010
Last Updated on April 19, 2010

Author

Brown Bull
Brown Bull

MS



About
I was born long ago on a hot summer day in a field in Mississippi. I can't remember anything about it, but all I know is that I was taken away from the field and have never been back, except in my po.. more..

Writing
The Green The Green

A Story by Brown Bull



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A A

A Poem by df


Obsidian Obsidian

A Poem by Sean Allen