Tailor-Made

Tailor-Made

A Chapter by Emily
"

The 4th chapter.

"
The posters were everywhere around Wharez and McAllen. Every single one of them stated the exact same thing: Cowboy Gala! Dress up and head to the John Wayne Banquet Hall to get down! Where: John Wayne Banquet Hall, 2525 Bordeaux St. When:
October 26, 2010 What: The Cowboy Gala Why: To dance the night away! It really was just a really frou-frou party where rough and tough people get to dress up. Weslie called up her girlfriend Aspen and off they went to town.
    "We can't go to the dress shop in our town this year,” Aspen said, “It’s go big or go home!"
    "Aspen, worry about yourself first. I can dress myself."
    "Pfft. Not when it comes to dresses you can't."
    "Whatever. So, since you're driving, where to?"
    The black Miata purred to life as Aspen turned the key.
    "I know a place." was all she said.
                ***
    "Ooh, that's stunning on you. Fuchsia really is your color, Aspen."
    "You think?" she asked. She stepped onto the platform.
    "Oh, yes, fuchsia is my color. I want it. I’m set."
    "What about me? I was thinking a yellow or pastel orange."
    "Honey, hell no. Not with your hair." She pointed to Wes' fiery red tresses."You need cool color dresses like-oh!
That one."
    She pointed to a sky blue dress that had a flowing train. It also had sleeves.
    "Do you really think I'm wearing that?" Weslie said.
    "Yeah, bad idea. Next!" Aspen skipped cheerily to the next aisle. They both perused and found that rhinestones were
apparently "in". Then, Wes saw a sea green strapless silk gown. It was minimal and no rhinestones, just the way she liked
it. Wes gasped.
    "Look! It's so pretty!"
Aspen whirled around, a dress in hand."Try it on! Before someone else does!"
Weslie calmly raced across the store and into the dressing room.
            ***
    Aspen kicked the door and called, “Are you ready?"
    "Yeah, I guess." Weslie replied miserably.
    She stepped out of the dressing room and Aspen stifled a laugh.
    "The nudists called. They want their ceremonial dress back."
    "My chest hurts."
    "My eyes hurt. Please, save us all and get some normal clothes on." Aspen ushered her back into the dressing room.
       "I thought this was going to be it. Oh well."
***
After the green dress, Wes moped around the store.
Aspen looked around to make sure Weslie wasn't looking and headed quietly to the pick-up desk.
       "Hi. I'm Aspen Hill picking up a custom dress for Weslie Chevelle. And be quiet about it."
The old lady shuffled to the back room and came out with a one shouldered midnight blue gown with just enough crystals for
one to look gorgeous. Aspen muttered a thank you and put down a decent tip. She ducked through the aisles till she found
the one she wanted to "find" the dress in.She feigned shock.
       "Weslie! You have got to see this dress! It's absolutely perfect!"
       "Alright, I'm coming. Hold on." Wes walked in to the aisle. Aspen held up the dress and Wes's mouth dropped like an
anvil.
       "Go,” Aspen said, “try it on. I think you'll like it."
***
       "Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes!"
       "I knew it!"
       Wes started to trot to the cashier line but Aspen stopped her.
     "I came here a couple weeks ago and ordered this custom dress. I knew you wouldn't find anything.” she confessed.
       "What? You paid for a custom dress for me?"Wes asked, surprised.
       "You shouldn't have. How much was it? I'll pay you back."
       "I'm not exactly strapped for cash, you know. Don't pay me back."


© 2012 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on April 9, 2011
Last Updated on May 2, 2012
Tags: alamo, dress, pay, don't, gala


Author

Emily
Emily

CA



About
Hey, I'm Emily. I go to Los Angeles Valley College, and I write poetry and some short stories. In my free time, I draw, play video games, and play with my dogs Zeke and Roscoe. Zeke is a Great Dane/Bo.. more..

Writing
The Clash The Clash

A Story by Emily


Faye Faye

A Story by Emily