It wasn't Me

It wasn't Me

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

It wasn't me who made you cry.

It wasn't me who told you lies.

It wasn't me who brought you pain.

It wasn't me who left you stained.

 

It wasn't who who played those games.

It wasn't me who called you names

it wasn't me whose hits you took.

It wasn't me with the dirty looks.

 

But

 

It was me who felt your tears,

And it was me who heard your prayers

It was me who helped you heal,

And it was me who made you feel.

 

It was me who took the blame.

and it was me who always came.

It was me who you needed most.

And it will always be me to hold you close.

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

And thank the gods there are those who recognise the pain.
Bit close to home really but with the stats of those who suffer abuse in any form at 1 in 3
It will be close to home for many. I still wonder, when my eyes used to plead to be saved why no one knew. Looking back on old photo�s I can see a sort of death in childhood spark, to me its obvious. I look at children now and see a look in their innocent eyes and I just know there is something below the surface that�s not at all to good. The trouble is trying to coax it out of their mouths, even when you know they have something to tell its so hard finding a way to have them talk about it. Then I wonder without the 1 in 3 who has overcome childhood and grown who would recognise those children with pleading eyes? Not every child will be black and blue telling their story of pain.
Sad write, but unfortunately true for many.



Posted 16 Years Ago


17 of 17 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

saddness

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is sad but well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


It wasn't who who played those games.
It wasn't me who called you names.
It wasn't me whose hits you took.
It wasn't me with the dirty looks.

One typo in the first line.... The first who I think should be me

This was very sad but for some so very true. You have a unique way of writing and I enjoy most of it. Keep up the great work and always let me know when you have posted somethign new.

Tabitha

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know a bit about child abuse, and it's never a pretty picture. You did a great job writting it here, and it made some things come back, but I think that just shows how much power comes from some of your work, and that's never a bad thing. You are a powerful writer, and I'm glad I read this piece.

Richard

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a beautiful and sad amazingly powerful piece... I really like the way you sent this message.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a really powerful peace. I felt your words deep within me and completely understand where you're coming from....great work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

We all pray for an end but, what of those that have been beaten bad enough for so long that they no longer bruise? What of those that go for help but they cannot show bruises to back up their story? I know it's terrible to leave a child in an abusive setting just because they can't produce evidence. I know when the child talks about it it's painful for them, I know many people try to help those that have been abused. I just want to know why they only help those that have bruises to show what they've been through. But overall I'm ranting on and on. I just want to say great poem very heartfelt.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

If there were a way to stop monsters before they became monsters, I'd give of myself whatever it took. Child abuse must stop. How are we, with our "socially advanced" selves, still trapped in the age of abuse, especially the abuse of our future. Thank you for sharing, I pray daily that the abuse will one day end. I know there's an answer, I just don't know what yet.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Very touching hon... I am with you on praying for an end to it...

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love how your message stuck up for those children who have no voice out in the world. So much sadness and pain in their reality they need help. Well written, great message. Full of power.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

614 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silent Decade Silent Decade

A Poem by Bubo