Sin

Sin

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

It is a lonely whisper upon the wind.

An empty glass of bottled sin.

A hunger that crawls beneath your skin.

A lust that consumes you from deep within.

It is a craving so strong it eats you whole,

as it slowly devours your soul.

It is a sudden urge to lose control.

A feeling you just can’t console

As you give in to its wicked ways,

and your vision begins to haze.

Something inside seems to sway

and your judgment comes in to play

The Devil screams as you prevail.

For he has yet again failed.

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A excellent poem. Photo made the words come alive in your poem. I like the set-up of the poem and ending was very good.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow!!! This poem is awesome and the flow is great. The pic at the end is amazing too. Nice write!!!

Heather

Posted 16 Years Ago


There is always a choice, even if it is one we do not like. I like the format and the flow of this. It's like two poems in one, and each could be read together, or alone. Nice. XX

Posted 16 Years Ago


very nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Clever formatting! I've felt like doing some horrible things before but thankfully keep the devil in check when needed. Thank goodness for empathy for others! The pic complements this well.

Flows well and the point is made.

Cheers,
Stacy

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a very apt poem

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I read here 2 poems in one, what a raffinesse. I liked that. This picture....was pretty scary. I guess it is exactly you wanted. Perhaps you like to read my newest poem - Melody Intrinsic?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is more reminiscent of lyrical song than it is a poem. But still, it was an enjoyable read and is one of the more memorable sinfully devilish poems around. ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I liked the beginning--it had good rhythm, and the message was great, and there was fantastic imagery. However you started repeating some ideas toward the middle, as often happens in rhyming poems--even in the best ones. If you look at "Adonais", it's basically the same rant over and over again. However it is my personal belief that such repetition is no longer necessary. After all, this is elegy.

The ending was a bit awkward as well. The progression to it seemed abrupt, and maybe it's just me--I personally dislike references to the devil in poems about sin, because it's far too easy to do so, and that takes away any depth it originally had. I feel there are better ways to express the loss and/or triumph over sin than mentioning the devil.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked this one. I am often known to let my better judgement lapse and sin away, but I at least stick to the ones that don't hurt others.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

789 Views
60 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Rain