Let The Darkness In

Let The Darkness In

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

 

 

Let the darkness take over your heart.

 

Let it in ~

 

Let the darkness seep in to your skin.

 

Let it consume you~

 

Let the darkness devour your soul.

 

Let it take you~

 

Let the demon control the mind.

 

Let him have you~

 

 

Give in to sin.

Feel it~

Give in to hatred.

Consume it~

Give in to aggression.

Fight it~

Give in to complete solitude.

Accept it~

 

Follow the darkened path ,

to a life of loneliness and

desolation.

Give in to all your desires,

Let its evil embrace you.

For once you have traveled

 Down it’s road,

You may never find your way back.

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

poetry with a moral twist - very creative. I kept waiting for the positives of giving into the darkness - as that seemed to be where the path was leading - then you throw the twist in at the end - bringing a warning to the words - transforming the work altogether. very nice job.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
zee
Ooou super dark. Everyone has a path. This is hanting in a way where though I am not in the path of darkness and I don't believe in sin, nevertheless I could not stop reading it until I was haulted with a dark premonition. Thanks for sharing. I hear it as a song.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very nicely written :-) Personally I would have liked you to dig deeper into yourself to write it. Get more descriptive with it. Such as Let it consume you... Well how will it consume you? I feel like you just glossed over it. Like how you absent-mindedly pet a dog. Twist that blade (metaphorically) in deeper. How does that feel to you? Then make us feel like you do. :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I don't know. I danced with the wild side for 35 years. Today I'm a old man who look back and wish for more. Temptation take time and opportunity. A wise person trying to walk a good edge. Need to dodge the sweet temptations. I like the story and the logic of this poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good message in it.. shows how temptation can strike, and then it is too late...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome writing and a heavy poem. It give a person something to think about, and I too like the twist you had toward the end. You start out inviting a person to the dark side, making them think its all rosy- then boom the true evil comes out.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow very powerful love the dark imagery in this.. very nice and love the pic beneath it.. overall a very impressive write!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I would of definitely given in... creative means of convincing.. loved it! Great work

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I likes! Sorry it took me so long to review, I all but forgot about this website, it's been almost a year since I logged on! I love how you change the flow in this though. When it seems dark the flow is completely different from the morality you kind of sneak in at the end.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB
nicely done great thoughts,
Jan/uisiom

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1821 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on March 9, 2008
Last Updated on March 9, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..