What you mean to me.

What you mean to me.

A Poem by dillonjensen
"

Just a little something, something.

"
It first started out as an ugly caterpillar. Not very many ups, and a whole lot of downs. After a while though, as the caterpillar grew and grew and grew, it started to do something which drastically changed everything. It blossomed into a butterfly, whose beauty and abundant colors left all others awestruck. Right then I knew I had witnessed something that was to be unparalleled, and never matched again. The beauty of such a creature left me stunned just as much emotionally as it did physically. I shouldn't have taken that sacred moment for granted, as I crave for the same feeling more and more. So much do I crave that return to the sanctuary to which that butterfly gave me that I'd be willing to do anything just to see it once more. I guess the analogy of a beautiful butterfly compared to a beautiful woman might not be the best choice, but certainly if you asked me what she meant to me; I'd truly say there isn't a word in the English language that can describe it fully, but I'll start with "everything."

© 2012 dillonjensen


Author's Note

dillonjensen
Inspired by my Grandma Lois; this one's for the one that got away.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on February 8, 2012
Last Updated on February 8, 2012

Author

dillonjensen
dillonjensen

About
Welcome to the chaos that is me. more..

Writing