Education

Education

A Poem by dillonjensen
"

I must be one of the few who actually value their education.

"
Education....the sole foundation of this very nation.
What are we as a common people, without it?
Misguided by ignorance,pride, prejudice, hormones...the list goes on.
Education is based on the proclamation that one is able and willing to learn.
The root of my rant is in that very sentence alone.
"Able and willing to learn." But yet, on a daily basis I hear and see people trashing what so many other people hold so dear.
Far too often we take it for granted and never think anything of it because it is a given right to have access to an education, and  the next day it will happily be there greeting you at the door, but all you do is ignore.
Never seeing it as a privilege, rather a problem. The only problem I see is that for your infantile decision, you have made quite the incision that leads to a diseased and corrupted mind.
Being educated and having the ability to critically think should be on everyone's mind. Not who you're chilling with this weekend or even what to drink.
I just have a hard time fathoming what's happening in society today. It's like kids place less and less emphasis on the things that matter, and more on those such as smoking a J.
I'm ranting because this NEEDS to change, and change very soon. Once you leave school behind and actually become an active member of society, you will realize not everything is fed with a spoon.
It's time to take a stance against ignorance and hit it head on as it rears its ugly face.
Otherwise, we will become nothing more then a time in space living in a very uneducated place.

© 2012 dillonjensen


Author's Note

dillonjensen
My rant for the day. Hope you enjoy it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lol.. i like this because its true! so much children in third world countries just want a simple EDUCATION and the people who are so lucky to get it just give up...I must admit I was one of them..But im happy to say that I jus received my GED and persuing my dreams in MESSAGE THERAPY. ANYWHO..I think kids don't want an EDUCATION because like you said they glorify the wrong things in life besides having KNOWLEDGE.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This poem speaks nothing but truth! Of course, education is really important in our lives...This is just brilliant...Your insight was truly remarkable...You raised a really interesting topic here. Fantastic work!
:)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You my friend are a writer and a brilliant one. I am a poet only. I would love to write something like this, so very meaningful. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"The person who does not read has no advantage over those who cannot read."
- Mark Twain... You have such a powerful point that made me think of this quote by Twain... Education must be valued or that which can make our lives better will slowly fade away... Great insights!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a clever and interesting poem. With myself being a college student I understand where you are coming from, I personally don't smoke/drink or hardly go out on weekends just if I have a stressful week then maybe. Most of my friends take advantage of "college" by going out all the time and not keeping up with there grades which they complain about all the time, but then again they did it to themselves. I'm glad you wrote this poem, because it has a huge meaning to it. Great Job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lol.. i like this because its true! so much children in third world countries just want a simple EDUCATION and the people who are so lucky to get it just give up...I must admit I was one of them..But im happy to say that I jus received my GED and persuing my dreams in MESSAGE THERAPY. ANYWHO..I think kids don't want an EDUCATION because like you said they glorify the wrong things in life besides having KNOWLEDGE.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 16, 2012
Tags: Education

Author

dillonjensen
dillonjensen

About
Welcome to the chaos that is me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


PILLOW PILLOW

A Poem by Seashell


Father Father

A Poem by MOON


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse