Constructive Destruction

Constructive Destruction

A Poem by Dillon M. M.
"

This is a poem in regards to how in a way for us to achieve perfection in our own eyes, we tear ourselves down.

"
There will come a day when you look in the mirror and see a not so familiar face.
You must not dread it, or be afraid of it, you dont even have to welcome it. Just prepare for it.

In the glass you will see a copy of yourself. A phantom imprint of the person you used to be.
Like a lot that keeps tearing down a building and creating what's believed to be a bigger, better one in its place.

You will feel old, damaged, used. But that is not the way to percieve yourself.
Your reflection tells another story, one of passion, one of perseverance, one of preservation.

The eyes that once twinkled and ignited with a fire unlike any other, have been extinguished.
The smile that shared warmth and joy, is now scoweled at for creating lines of imperfection on the skin.

The body that walked down the street in confidence and self assurance is now terrified of the opinion of others.
And the heart that once beat for a purpose so genuine and pure, now beats for nothing. 

And when this day comes you will have to make a choice,
Either reduce to your simplest element of content, or stay intact walking broken for the rest of your days.

© 2015 Dillon M. M.


Author's Note

Dillon M. M.
This poem was created when i was having an anxiety attack while worrying about the judgement of the world around me. I hope it speaks to you in any way possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
Dillon, I like this deeply descriptive poem. I like how you have portrayed the transition from the phase of being comfortable within that special spot in our life to seeing other's eyes on you expressing their thoughts through their judgmental glances.
Stick to your true colors!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I can really relate to this. The title is a perfect fit too.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Your poem is perceptive, Dillon. Time really does have a way of changing the way we see ourselves. Your poem mirrors your writing reflectively and I catch a glimpse of who you are through your writing. I don't worry about the "judgement of the world" that much. It's all a matter of being able to live in your own skin. That's just my opinion though. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 22, 2015
Last Updated on April 22, 2015
Tags: poetry, destruction

Author

Dillon M. M.
Dillon M. M.

Pinellas County, FL



About
Hello fellow writers, I am an aspiring writer hoping to get my works one day published and read by those around the globe. I am more than certain I am not the only one on this website with that same .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Dillon M. M.


Caskets Caskets

A Poem by Dillon M. M.