In the Mountains of West Virginia

In the Mountains of West Virginia

A Story by Dillon McFarlane
"

Halley and Rich were having a fun time climbing the large rock. That was until the cannibals showed up.

"

Halley Smith and Richard Stocker, two Newfield State College students grunted as they made their way up the steep rocky wall which they were climbing, sweat dripping down their faces. Finally Rich got to the top and began to whoop as he looked around at the great sight before him.

“Okay” You're great! You got the line?” Halley asked Rich.

“Yeah!” He panted back. “Come on up slowpoke!”

Halley began to climb faster, jealous of her partner's success and quickly panicked as her foot slipped off of a rock. She began to fall with a loud scream. Suddenly, her harness caught her and she dangled in mid-air.

Rich appeared above her.

“You okay? You know we're 50 miles from anybody. Who are you screaming for?” Rich asked.

“You!” She snapped back.

“Come on,” said Rich and he walked out of Halley's sight.

She began to scramble upwards to the top and asked for Rich to pull her up when she heard a loud thud and groan from Rich.

“Rich? Just pull me up!” Halley shouted up. “All right don't be a dick, Richie. I need a pull!”

Out of nowhere, Rich came stumbling into Halley's sight. He was on the ground and he was crawling to the edge. “Rich?” Halley asked, her question full of horror and confusion. Suddenly, Halley felt a liquid drop onto her face. She knew it was blood when it seeped into her mouth. She wiped it off with disgust. She looked up and saw Rich being pulled away swiftly out of sight again. Then suddenly he was thrown off the cliff as Halley watched but looked away as he thudded onto the ground. She began to cry but couldn't as she felt herself being yanked upwards.

“Aaargh!” she screamed. She tried to keep herself from being pulled up by digging her hands into the wall but the rope kept being pulled. She began to loosen her bracket but she was pulled again. In desperation, she pulled out her knife and began to cut the rope. It was easily cut and she steadied herself onto the wall. She saw the end of the rope being pulled up. She looked to her left and saw Rich's rope. She raced carefully to it, grunting with effort. Then she slipped. She felt herself fall to the ground and she thudded. Hard. Right beside her dead boyfriend. His head had been hammered in and there was blood covering his face, putting her hands to her mouth in disgust. Suddenly, she heard branches snap and she looked up to see the trees moving and she heard uncontrollable laughter above. She suddenly brought herself to her knees and jumped up, racing away from dead Rich. She punched her way through trees and finally got to a clearing. Their black Ford Mondeo lay waiting for her a few meters ahead and she stumbled to it. Without warning, a long piece of barbed wire tripped her foot, making her fall face down into the gravel. On her stomach, she looked at her car one more time before she was dragged into the forest with her throat cut.

© 2014 Dillon McFarlane


Author's Note

Dillon McFarlane
This is the first chapter from one of my new books Wrong Turn, the book based on the movie.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on August 8, 2014
Last Updated on August 8, 2014
Tags: horror, cannibals, climbing, blood, guts

Author

Dillon McFarlane
Dillon McFarlane

Doune, Perthshire, United Kingdom



About
I am a 15 year old boy who loves writing stories, especially horror stories but I am going to try and experiment with different genres. I have published 3 novels and would really like some advice from.. more..

Writing
Paga Paga

A Story by Dillon McFarlane