Scott's Lucky Day

Scott's Lucky Day

A Story by Lizzy
"

prompt was to write about a character who comes home at the end of the day to find something on his kitchen counter that doesn't belong there

"

Scott hated working Wednesdays, he always had to work a twelve hour shift on Wednesday. He was anxious to get home and sped slightly on the freeway. He pulled his car into the driveway and grabbed all his stuff before heading inside. He kicked off his shoes, set the keys on the table, hung his jacket on the back of the front door and dropped his briefcase to the ground before heading into his kitchen. He stopped at the door to his kitchen and looked around confused. He remembered shutting off the lights before he left for work.

 

But the strangest thing was the pile of money in the middle of his kitchen table, a huge pile. He rubbed his eyes with his hands and blinked three times before looking at his kitchen table again. The money was still there so he slowly approached his kitchen table. He looked closer, counting the number of banded bills in his head without touching anything. He wasn’t one hundred percent sure but based on what he saw it looked to be over five million dollars on his kitchen table.

 

Scott reached into his pants pocket, pulled out his cell phone, and called his sister.

 

“Hey Scott” Mary answered.

 

“Did you come to my house while I was working?” he quickly asked.

 

“No…”

 

He hung up before she could continue speaking.

 

“F**k!” he shouted, running his fingers thru his hair.

 

He started to pace back and forth, unsure of what to do. Then he heard a knock on the door and grabbed a knife from a drawer before heading to the front door. He looked thru the peep hole and didn’t recognize the woman standing out front. He watched her, her high heeled foot tapping impatiently on the cement, her skinny arms crossed in front of her chest, pushing her cleavage even higher than it already was.

 

“I know you are there. So just let me in already” she purred in a thick English accent.

 

Scott hid the knife behind his back as he unlocked the door and opened it for her. She glared at his as she sauntered into his house.

 

“Bout bloody time you got here”

 

He whispered sorry as he closed the door. She spun around, strolled back over to him and pressed him against the door, her lips latched onto his as the tip of the knife dug into his back. He was surprised but barely hesitated before kissing her back. She pulled away with a smile on her face.

 

“Ready to go baby?” she purred.

 

He gave her a blank look and she sighed.

 

“Pack your bags and I’ll pack up the money.”

 

She started to walk towards his kitchen and he jogged after her.

 

“I… I think there’s been a mistake” he stutters.

 

She paused and turned to look closer at him.

 

“Are you Scott Wallace?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Is there five and a half million dollars on your kitchen table?”

 

He nodded again, clutching the knife tighter.

 

“Do you work for Xander Corporation?”

 

He gulped but nodded again.

 

“Then no mistake.”

 

She continued into the kitchen and Scott followed behind her.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

She sighed as she grabbed the gym bag from on a chair and started to put the money inside.

 

“Nathaniel wants both of us gone. This is his pay off, only catch is we have to leave together, tonight, and never mention Xander Corporation to anyone.”

 

“Why?”

 

She shrugged and looked up at him.

 

“Do you really care why?”

 

He stands there, watching her a*s move back and forth as she continued packing the money away. He thought of the job he hated and his life here. He then thought of where he could go and what he could do with five and half million dollars. Then he thought of what fun he could have with this seductive woman.

 

“No I guess not”

 

She smiled as he put the knife down, went to his room and packed all his clothes. He came downstairs to find the house empty and the lights off. He went outside and found her sitting in the passenger side of a red Corvette convertible. He threw his bags in the back seat and climbed into the driver’s side. He started up the car and looked at her.

 

“Where to?”

 

“Anywhere we want” she smiled as he pulled out of his driveway and sped off.

 

Life was going to be much better for him from now on, he thought as he drove.

© 2013 Lizzy


Author's Note

Lizzy
thinking of expanding on this, maybe making it into a longer story, so thoughts on if i should or not would be appreciated, oh and I know the title sucks so a suggestion would be great

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great story as is, but you this would make a great mystery novel if you ever wanted to take it that far... especially if Scott ever gets over the seductive woman and has use of his other brain again.. lol

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 22, 2013
Last Updated on May 22, 2013

Author

Lizzy
Lizzy

Mesa, AZ



Writing
Dog Gone Lucky Dog Gone Lucky

A Story by Lizzy


Duke's Duty Duke's Duty

A Story by Lizzy


XXX-Mas Presents XXX-Mas Presents

A Story by Lizzy