The Emergency Surgery

The Emergency Surgery

A Poem by D.j.
"

In describing the stereotypical nature of a surgical procedure endured by a Robot provides insight into how surgery and saving lives can be instrumental to define the characteristics of being alive.

"
To unveil the slashes and gore of the more experienced people at the surgical party first demands order, as the medical professionals don their surgical face masks and tight latex gloves, with a big bright white light beaming down on the operation table with different sets of medical instruments aligned side by side. Equipped with sharp scalpels for precise slices of coagulated blood during operational emergency surgery, they prepare to perform a Partial Encephalnecrosectomy, as patient #2871 is approaching death and is about to flatline. But as they proceed to the assigned procedure, slowly a Robot drives into the room and says “Beep Boop”, and pushes the surgical doctor aside. The anesthesiologist then hands the Robot a knife.

The decision to permit an incision leaving the laceration to alternate between dry and bloody was left by the surgical team of the past. This new advanced technology is so far past the years of books, reasoning and knowing how or how not to perform this task. Now you simply press a button and a Robot enacts the entire series of movements and coordinations to save this patient that is dead but now can come back to life. His life was improbable, but due to advancements in flowing energy through small wires at the speed of light, electricity now transfers light to the brain emitting a signal to his heart which makes it start to beat again. Reviving and resuscitating the patient, the flatline starts to pulse and align in sync with his body as the chemical electrical signal inside his mind reacts to the resurgence of his life.

© 2020 D.j.


Author's Note

D.j.
In this poem I try and convey a sense of a simple stereotypical dream in which what you believe is about to happen does and rhymes with a pattern believed to be the creation of nature recovering its true potential state of being.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
Added on August 10, 2020
Last Updated on August 10, 2020
Tags: Emergency, Surgery, Robot, Death, Life