Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by The old me

Chapter One:The Introduction

There are 6,900,000,000 people in the world and 310,232,863 people who live in the United States. 77.3 % of United States citizens use the internet. In your lifetime, you meet about 1,500 people. 3.2 % of those people on average, you will meet by internet means, like chat rooms or social networking. Also millions of people a year use the internet to date people. The success rate of dating and meeting people online is very slim and even slimmer that the person you meet will be in your area. And let’s add living a long distance away from the person you meet; the success rate is even slimmer. So the rarity of meeting someone online who lives a long distance away who can makes an impact in your life and who can help your life for the better is almost f*****g impossible. But this so called story is one of those rare cases, not to foreshadow too much but you should know almost anything is possible in this story.

This story is between a man and a woman. I will just called and refer to them as the man and the woman. Everyone else in the story will have nicknames or their names will be based on their descriptions. First, to avoid people thinking they know every character, who are actually based on real people. Only I know who all of them are. Second, so no one claims this is awful to say about people they may know, even though it’s all based on fact. 99% of this story is true; the 1% is a margin of error and also is just in case to cover my a*s so I can express my view points, valid or not, of the facts. As the author, I may add my own commentary to the story or like little side notes. I’ll even throw in some humor and references about a lot of stuff a lot of people can relate to. Let’s just say I’m here for your entertainment, and to break up the dramatic nature of some of the events. Damn I may have foreshadowed there for a bit, just forget what I said. Plus with the little comedy comments, I can package this story as a possible romantic comedy. Probably cast Michael Cera as the man and a blonde Emily Browning as the woman. Or if I’m really desperate for money, I will sell it so it will become a lame; I mean an awesome, lifetime movie. Lifetime movies: murdering, beating or raping women since 1984. And yes I’m a bit of a sellout type, you may say “well he’s probably also cheap”, yes, yes I am. Also people may or may not like me being a part of this story but when you have to write all this crap down, somehow you have to get your witty comments out somewhere. And they may not like my comments, because they may be seen as rude, mean or harsh. Just saying, they probably are those things but doesn’t mean they aren’t true. Well back to the main story. We will start with the background story of the man, because men always come first, and you know what I mean. It’s also that women always get to go first, and hopefully this story can change the world’s view.



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now I'm excited

Posted 12 Years Ago


Digging the intro, especially the facts in the beginning. Kind of accentuates the bitter sarcasm in the rest of that paragraph. Will read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love it. I'm in.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sounds like an okay start. Kind of really short for an opening character. Kind of draws you in but in a way only interests me because it is real. I hope this doesnt turn into one of those crappy love stories.

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was funny. The statistics were kind of cool to add.
Based on true events you say? Does sound rather like a Lifetime movie...

Posted 12 Years Ago


interesting first part. sometimes the people you meet impact you more than you could imange. no matter where you meet them.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a funny write so far. I can't wait to read on. Your viewpoints should be interesting within this story. I love how this is based on real events. Good job. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent write and great humor!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice. Just nice. I liked it. But the "let's make the men go first" was cruel. Woman are SUPPOSED to go first, that's why we do.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The lifetime movie comment made me laugh out loud. This looks like it's going to be a great book. I love romantic comedies! This chapter was hilarious, was original in its presentation, and gave us a fully formed idea of what the book will be about. I can't wait to read it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1198 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forgotten Forgotten

A Poem by TJ