Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by The old me
"

the promise

"
Chapter Nine: The Promise

If the man and woman ever wanted to recover what they had, they would have to make a promise. A promise that could never be broken or altered, either by their choice or fate's. A promise that could best be summed up in the song, "The Promise" by In This Moment. Ironic, yes. The song's main lyrics are:

"My promise is I will hurt you"

Sums up their future together. When two people are together, they are sometimes and most of the time, forced into a promise of that they will hurt each other. No matter what would happen next, the man and woman knew they would hurt each other in the end. The woman knew her heart was getting heavy having to deal with her happiness, because she thought it was at the expense of the man. She knew if the two fell deeper in love, it could never work out no matter what. And mostly, she didn't know if it would destroy the man. It would be a heavy burden to allow someone to fall in love with you and not be around for them to move on.

The man just wanted to keep being around this awesome person, who he was growing to deeply care about, maybe even more then anyone else he ever knew. But the man knew if he tried to stay it may put stress on the woman's heart. He also knew it would deeply hurt him if he wasn't there for her. He didn't know if he felt that way because he may have started to fall in love with the woman. Or that when he was young, he ran and hid when his mother was dying, and missed out on the end with her.


© 2011 The old me


Author's Note

The old me
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So sweet but yet so terribliy sad. If i was the man, I would want to kill myself if she died, and he may have, so now I have to read on and find out.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with Bellamorte. Also, this is a sweet and touching story, but it's not engaging me like it could. It seems like it's more of your private outline for the plot than the actual story itself. I just don't feel like I really KNOW your characters, like I can visualize them and relate to them. I like your thoughts--they can be fascinating--but sometimes I think they crop up too often and slow the story down; it's over-analysis.

Posted 12 Years Ago


x.x The suspense of what happens is killing me.
This is a very good write, I want you to know

Posted 12 Years Ago


you got me to write the whole book...you know!
you can capture feelings...you translate almost most of it in words...i enjoyed every chapter...thank you!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Fix the grammar problems. Don't tell your readers to ignore them; that's silly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow. Ur breaking my heart dude.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very strong at the end. I'm still lovin it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

485 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011
Tags: love, story, promise, chapter


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Five Chapter Five

A Chapter by The old me


Secrets Secrets

A Chapter by TKBickel


Hope Hope

A Poem by dreaming dame


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by The old me


Chapter Eight Chapter Eight

A Chapter by The old me