Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by The old me

Chapter Ten: Natural Part of Life

How does someone handle death? Do you embrace it and live your life to the fullest? Do you fear it and spend your time not making connections? It’s a thought process; the woman always had to go through. She knew she should have told the man in the beginning so he knew what he was getting into. But how do you tell someone that. “O hey, my favorite color is blue and o by the way, I’ll be dead soon.” It’s almost impossible to tell someone in a conversion. She thought the man would be a small and unimportant friend and could maybe make her laugh a few times. She wouldn’t have to tell him her secret. But soon after they were talking, she knew it could be and would be more. She really liked him. She didn’t want to hurt him by allowing the deeper feelings to hit him, like they were starting to hit her.

Death is a natural part of life unfortunately. It effects all ages, races, and countries. Some death is preventable, but most of the time it’s just random. Anybody and anytime could die. It’s one of most people’s number one fears. It even consumes people’s thoughts and lifestyles. My personal feelings on it, is “I die when I die, I don’t have to live life on the edge or be safe all the time.” I personally rather die with others around me, just comforts me to know I didn’t die alone. It’s a really morbid thought, but none the less, it’s how I feel. I would always want to be there with the person dying so I could give them as much comfort as I could. And those were the same thoughts of the man. He wanted to, no he needed, to be there for the woman in anyway possible.


© 2011 The old me


Author's Note

The old me
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is chapter 10 of a book, I believe. I like what you've written but if you could possibly keep this sentiment and show us all this instead of telling us outright, I think it would have more impact. I would have to read everything from the beginning to give you a further honest assessment, and I will try and do that when time permits. but always when you're writing a book, it's better to show than to tell.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good way to look at death

Posted 12 Years Ago


One of the lessons I've learned that has always stuck with me is to avoid putting yourself (that is, the author) into the story. By that I don't mean that you can't take your traits and put some of them into your characters, but try not to remind the reader that they're reading a story which you are controlling. Your personal thoughts on death don't have anything to do with the man and the woman. Either inject them into the minds of your characters, and have THEM tell us, or leave your musings out altogether. It's pretty much what Theresa said below.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I do not fear death. Iven been waiting for it actully. Iven seen too many people go, and more are going to go. Honestly i do not get why the ones who want to pass away dont, when the ones who dont want to pass away do. I cant handle it, i just try to move on about it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't want to die alone either...
I'm glad he decided to stay and be there for the woman, at least that's what I assumed from the last sentence :) A deep view on death, a good chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I will have to go back to read the earlier chapters. this one is interesting. Generic characters can be fun. My only suggestion is to pay attention to the point of view. You teeter on the edge of changing points of view based on word choice. stay consistent to guide the reader.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really wonderful! I loved it! Nice job!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is chapter 10 of a book, I believe. I like what you've written but if you could possibly keep this sentiment and show us all this instead of telling us outright, I think it would have more impact. I would have to read everything from the beginning to give you a further honest assessment, and I will try and do that when time permits. but always when you're writing a book, it's better to show than to tell.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an interesting thought.... you're still breaking my heart.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011
Tags: love, story, death, chapter


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by The old me


Chapter Eight Chapter Eight

A Chapter by The old me


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by The old me


Chapter Nine Chapter Nine

A Chapter by The old me


Lost and Found Lost and Found

A Chapter by TKBickel