Chapter Four: The Added Pressure

Chapter Four: The Added Pressure

A Chapter by The old me

Chapter Four: The Added Pressure

            I’m alone lying in bed. It’s just a typical Thursday night. I have nothing to do tonight. My phone goes off. Call from Alice.

 I read it and feel a sense of dread, but I answer anyways.

“Hi”

“What’s up? Charlie”

“Nothing much, I’m just laying down relaxing, you?”

“I have amazing news to tell you”

There is that dread feeling again.

“What is it?”

“I really don’t know if I should tell you, I don’t want to upset you”

“You can’t, its fine.”

I beautifully lie through my straight white teeth.

“So you know that guy I was telling you about earlier?”

“Yeah”

Of course I remember that a*****e, how could I forget the guy who is going to be with my best friend and love of my life.

“Well tomorrow I’m going over to his house and we are going to smoke some Jays.”

“Sounds nice”

I lie again.

“Yeah, and he kind of told me, he liked me. So tomorrow maybe that day I have been waiting for.”

“That’s great”

I lie once again.

“You’re lying”

Damn. She finally caught on, she knows me too well sometimes.

“Well it’s not like I’m jumping for joy, but I do support your decision. But in the end it doesn’t matter what I think anyways.”

“But I really do care what you think”

“Doesn’t matter what I think, it’s your life and your happiness. So the only thoughts that matter are yours.”

“Don’t be like that.”

“I’m not being like that. I just don’t want you to be hurt”

“I know what I’m doing.”

“As long as you do, it’s fine then. I trust your judgment. I just hope you know that it will really make you happy.”

“Hey, you should just be happy for me, all my other friends were like ‘You go girl’”

“Fine, I’ll be supportive. You bang him; you bang the living hell out of him.”

“I love your humor; I’m not going to f**k him.”

“I know.”

“He is not the guy I would want to lose my virginity too.”

“Then why go with him?”

“I need to release all of these sexual feelings, and then I’ll have a clear mind. I’ll be able to choose someone to settle down with.”

“I guess that works then.”

More dread hits my mind. What if she’s talking about me? That if she gets rid of all her sexual drive, she will be able to be with someone she’s not physically attracted too. It’s a horrible thought, but a small smile does arise.

“Well I just hope something sexual happens.”

“For your sake, I hope it does.”

I’m not lying this time.

“Well are we still on for tomorrow, I’ll come over before I meet with him.”

“That’s fine.”

            The thing that bugs me the most is that she does know how I feel about her. I’m kind of painfully obvious. I’m just not sure of her angle anymore.



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha I found the conversation Alice and Charlie had to be kind of funny.
This was great. The characters seem really real, you know?

Posted 12 Years Ago


awwww i think she called him 2 make him jealous.

great thus far, and its like real life.

i just killed a bug on my bed and i went right back into reading the story. LOL

100

Posted 12 Years Ago


I hope she dates him, just because I think he would treat her right and not take her for granted. He sounds like a good guy, and she just sounds like a confused girl who doesn't exactly know what she wants, is my view...
Good chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good chapter. Believable dialogue and easy to follow. Getting a better feel for the characters all the time.

Posted 12 Years Ago


His smile isn't the only thing that rose if you catch my drift, *nudge nudge wink wink*

Posted 12 Years Ago


oooooohhhhhh. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting. As you read, you become sucked in, wondering what will happen when they both meet before she meets him, will he stand up and tell his feelings for her or tell her how he feels about her decisions. I am wondering!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by The old me


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by The old me