Chapter Five: Gunslinger

Chapter Five: Gunslinger

A Chapter by The old me

I form my hand in a gun looking style. I motion my fingers to shot down the plane in the air. First shoot goes wide right. Second shoot nearly hits but is a little left. Third shoot nails it and the plane comes crashing down I run inside my house.

Cracks form in my mind. They get bigger and bigger. These cracks don’t affect my life for the most part. At least the part everyone else sees. I need something to ease the pain of the cracks getting worse. If I don’t the cracks won’t be able to be repaired.

I sit there stressing out about life. I run my fingers through my hair, as small pieces crash to the floor. I go to the bathroom to pour some water on my face to see if it can feel a little more relaxed.

I stare at the big square mirror and see my pale depressed face looking back at me. I can’t stand looking at myself. A strong anger hits me and I smash the mirror. I don’t even feel the pain that I should have but doing that. Giant shards of glass crash all over the place. I stare at a unique piece, I don’t know why I wanted to grab it but I did. I pick up the piece and without thinking slice my wrist. The cold blood crashes on the glass shards on the dirty bathroom floor.

I bandage myself up and slowly walk back to my room. I look around for somebody but I’m alone.

I sit in bed and get physically sick. I didn’t eat anything bad. I’m not sure I get so sick. I go to throw up but only air comes out. I need to get some fresh air. 

The dark. The pitch black night where I decide to walk to relax and get a drink. Not an alcoholic drink though. I have enough problems; I don’t need to add alcohol abuse. I just a break for my mind. I walk the streets. The cold breeze hits my soft red sweatshirt. Leaves on the ground move around my neat and clean converse. I walk all the way there calm and collective. Seems like I can be normal on my own for once. The way back is a different story. I walk down the seemingly alone street. I feel like a presence is following me. I keep turning around to check. But there is nothing there. I keep walking, head facing where I’m attaining on going. A huge breeze hits me and that dark feeling hits me strong. I turn around again and there is still nothing is there. But when I turn back, I’m alone. I mean, I was always alone here but now even my own shadow abandons me. I search for it, but it has escaped to its own little piece of heaven. I want to escape too, but my feet are stuck in stone. I can’t run. I slowly drift towards my way home. I’m stunned with fear when I hear any noise. My untied shoes just add to the strange noises. The owls and wind mock me and laugh at me. I see seemingly normal branches and they make me jump. I hate myself for being scared of nothing. I need to make it home.

For such short trip back, it feels like it’s taken me hours. I keep checking my back for someone or something. I turn back around to see a figure walking in the distance. It looks familiar. As I approach it in complete fear, I see it kind of looks like me. It crosses the street where I did earlier. Just then it gets hit by a car. The car speeds away. I run to the body. The bloody wreck is slatted all over the street. I flip over the mingle body to see the face. It’s me. I let go of the body and run to my house. I get to my street and look towards my spooky home. I see a smaller figure in my driveway. I slow down to an almost crawl. The more and more I get closer to my place, it disappears. When I get to the driveway, it’s clear. I run inside and go to my room. I jump in my bed and crawl under the covers where I’m stuck in there. I won’t and don’t come out till the morning. As I lay there hidden, Madison walks up to comfort me.

She lies in my bed. I embrace her under the covers. I strip down from my earthly clothes and her from her ghostly white clothes. Our bodies rub together where I know it is real in way. I can feel her. We do the motions I longed for every day. I know it’s real. I show her my love in this way we loved to do. I need this to be real. I don’t know how long we are doing this but it feels like a lifetime. We finally finish. I’m physically and emotionally exhausted. I fall asleep happy, thinking I’ll be safe for another day. 

I wake up in my dream world. 

I’m in a beautiful seemingly empty field that is different from the one before. I lay down in the middle of the field. I turn my head and look to my right side. There she is, laying there next to me with all her beauty and grace. Her long blonde hair flowing in the grass. The sunshine rays hitting off her face.  I try to speak to her, but my words are lost. I try to touch her beautiful face but I’m unable to move. I can’t move at all. I feel helpless. She sits up. She is crying. Her tears fall and hit my hand.  I try to get up to comfort her, but I can’t move. Her heart is breaking before my eyes. She gets up and doesn’t even look at me. She walks away crying.

I wake up.



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

the last paragraph is beautiful but now i have to read the previous chapters to know whats happening!:P

Posted 12 Years Ago


Seems like this whole guy's life revolves around dreams. Mine does too, but I have a pretty good life for the most part. I like how he always tries to comfort her even though he can't. It's like this guy is sacrificing a lot just to comfort what he can't. That's truly sweet to me.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 11, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing