Chapter Seven: Trouble

Chapter Seven: Trouble

A Chapter by The old me

Chapter Seven: Trouble

It really does suck to be on the other side of a jail cell. I’m fucked. I was caught with the murder weapon, and the body. Slam dunk case for D.A. Roy. I keep trying to formulate a story in my mind. Why would anyone be in the forest this late at night with silver bullets and deer meat near the crime scene?

I may have to go with the crazy defense. I really don’t have any option. The officer pulls me into the familiar interview room of my police station. I sit there in hand cuffs. Someone walks in and I turn to look, it’s Chip and our captain. Chip speaks.

“What the hell is going on Colt?”

I figure out my complicated lie.

“Chip, I was attacked in the forest.”

“Why did you have abnormal bullets with you?”

“It was still in that old gun that my uncle gave me for passing the police academy.”

So far my lies are working.

“What about you telling Michelle that you supposed to be here?”

I’m caught. But my brain saves me.

“To be honest.”

“That’s the point.”

“Well I went to Lilly’s party tonight and had sex with my ex-wife. I needed to go to a place to relax.”

We are both shocked on my answer. Our captain speaks up.

“I don’t know what’s going on. But while you were in here, the body of the man you shot was taken from the morgue.”

“What?”

I’m shocked.

“It was taken. Chip you will have to review the tape and see if you know what happened.”

Chip leaves. The captain speaks again.

“You’re story seems to check out. You are free to go.”

He un-cuffs me.

“Thank you sir.”

“But Colt. You fired a firearm outside of work, and I can’t suspendered you for doing it, because luckily it wasn’t your police one but I think you should take some vacation time off while I.A. investigates.”

“Alright sir.”

I head to Michelle’s. It’s already the next day. I go there and get Lilly. And quickly explain the fake story to Michelle because she was worried half to death.

After the weekend is over and I drop off Lilly. I decide maybe it’s time to slow this down.

But I do look at the case files that Hector sent me. The looked like a serial killer’s masterpiece. Twenty eight victim, fourteen of them dead and drained, and fourteen of them missing. Other than the draining of the woman, each kill was different in the way the woman died. And the period between kills sped up after each one. The draining of the blood screamed out vampire. Vampire is long but some of the main parts are simple. There are many ways people say you can kill them. Main way was a wooden stake to the heart. Most lore says that will kill it but it will at least paralyze it. But one way that for sure worked was beheading it. In newer lore, the blood of a dead victim can weaken it greatly. It seemed that garlic and sunlight were now useless in killing them. It may be able to weaken them.

They could either drink you or turn you. Turning someone was simple, just an exchange of blood during a bite.  Newer lore on vampires say they evolved and now have their feeding teeth hidden and could show them when blood was near.

Finding them would be hard, one they could feed on anyone, and two they can blend in. But I would wait on looking till I go back to work.



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is a nice chapter where he basically slides by with a hands slap and a poke of a mystery. Who stole the body? Well I would like to know.
Great to the point dialog that didn’t leave me confused on who the focus was on.
Every chapter can’t be a whirlwind of action. This was a nice end of one crazy event that begins the next to come.


Posted 12 Years Ago


I love reading fake alibis. :) I'm a little confused by the investigation...it seems very rushed and not as thorough as it should be. In contrast, there's plenty of info on vampires. The emphasis should be more on the real life events than the facts. Also, watch your verb tenses when talking about the vampire lore....

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is good I like the pace of this piece. If I may suggest. Redo the last three paragraphs. They read rough but more so they get away from the rest of the work. What I mean is they are important to the story but don't read well here. Message me if i can clarify for you. Good work overall!

Posted 12 Years Ago


need to go back to get familiar with it but still a good chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


interesting chapter ! keep writing !:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Reads rather smoothly but the interrogation seemed really rushed. I would think (or hope) that cops would be a bit more thorough than this. Then again, I haven't read the other chapters and I feel as though I'm missing a bit of something in their relationship. Take some time to proofread before posting...it helps the reader out when they don't have to go back and reread something because an error made it difficult to understand ;)

You clearly enjoy writing, and you have quite the variety of stories. Great imagination. Keep fueling and expressing it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with erin, the story is a bit confusing at times :/ Good idea though ^-^

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your chapters have been uphill and downhill, a rollercoaster almost. You should really try to expand more in your writing, like when he's being investigated go into the character's mind and show how he's thinking, if his heart's racing etc.

Posted 12 Years Ago


But Colt paragraph....? can't suspendered you?
The sentence..The looked like a serial killers masterpiece....should maybe say THAT?
Needs an s on the word victim
This chapter reads fine, I need to go back to get familiar with the story...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..