Chapter Nine: Devil's Pool

Chapter Nine: Devil's Pool

A Chapter by The old me

I arrive at work the next day. One of my first full days back from my unforced but recommended vacation. And what a horrible day to come back. Three bodies were found in an abandoned swimming pool in Wadsworth. Seemed like a simple enough crime so Chip and I headed there.

After a very silent car ride there, we arrive. I think he is worried that I actually killed that guy on purpose, which I did. But at least it was rightly so. We arrive there. I pick up the scene report and see that skateboarders found the body. But two things are abnormal on this report. Found with the bodies were four dead goats. The other strange thing was the symbols encrypted in the bodies and the walls of the pool. I look at the photos of the crime scene, and one of the symbols looks familiar to me. One of them was in my demoniac worship book. I wasn’t a Satanist, but my brother bought it for a gag gift a few years back. I still read it. And the more and more I looked at the other symbols, all of them were in that book. I got a lead now. I’ll have to research more later on my own. I guess I’m not out of the supernatural hunting game yet.

I do my normal questioning of the people. And I see an older homeless lady in the alley. She looks nearly dead and probably insane. But I think to myself, who would know the most about crazy s**t if it happens then someone who is crazy. I walk up to her and speak.

“Mam, can I ask you some questions?”

“Mmmhnmm.” She mumbles and I can’t understand her.

“Did you see anything last night?”

“Yup”

“What was it?”

“Can I have some change?”

I reach  in my pocket and hand her a five. “So what did you see?”

“Group of robed man. They were walking away from the pool”

“Can describe them to me? Like maybe skin color or any important details”

“They were all wearing green robes and it was a big group. I didn’t see their faces.”

“Anything else? I need something more or I want my five back.”

“Wait. The strange thing was six went to the pool but nine came out. And the new three weren’t in the robes.”

“Were they human?”

Just then Chips walks up and signals me to go. I do, I don’t want him to think I’m crazy and he is lead on this.

We finish our report on the scene investigation and we go back to the station. We get there and do our paper work. The rest of the day is pretty boring except for the FBI setting up in the station. A formal meeting will be held tomorrow. All I know is it has to do with the string of murders that were on my to-do list to hunt those vampires.

I go home and I read my demonic history book. I find some interesting stuff. The symbols were for the release of demons from hell. That’s never a good sign for the world. Demons were very powerful. They could possess pretty much anybody they wanted to. Only a certain seal could protect from it. That was going to be on my to-do list to get it tattooed on me. Demons could be trapped or sealed with certain symbol patterns that were made in blood. You could also destroy them if they possess a body and you exorcise the demon from it. Any other weapon was useless; it would just kill the human inside.

Next thing I found in the book was who those green robed men were. Satanist groups would use green robes. And even freemasons would use them. Either way they were up to no good.

In the past, Devil's Pool had some reports of being a site of devil worship and animal sacrifice.

I’m not sure what to do next.  So I call up Chip and ask to go over to his place. I get there and I present my evidence. For once, he believes me. I mean, he believes these people think they are summoning demons but they are killing humans. He tells me.

“Ok, tomorrow morning after our meeting, we will go over there and see what we can find. We will re-interview people.”

“Ok, see you tomorrow.”

I head home. But I stop midway there and decide to go check it out the place myself. I know I shouldn’t be going against orders while I’m still in the doghouse but I go anyways. I park farther back and I sneak around the corner. I’m hidden near a tree when I see three men in the park just before the pool; one is in a green robe. I go into detective mode and know something is up. I’m not sure if I should go up to make an arrest or wait and see what happens. I can see the back of the heads of the men. I start to move to go get a better view. But someone is walking up to them and I get a clear view of his face. It’s Chip.



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice cliffhanger! This was a good chapter. Sometimes in your dialogue, you don't put punctuation before the quotation marks, though:

“Group of robed man. They were walking away from the pool”

Very interested to find out how much Chip is involved in this supernatural stuff. This story kind of reminds me of the show Charmed...a lot of the lore and the creatures are the same.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2622 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on June 24, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing