Chapter Eleven: Jenny

Chapter Eleven: Jenny

A Chapter by The old me

Jennifer King was your normal southern bell. She grew up in Dallas, Texas. But her beginning was very dark. Both of her parents were killed in front of her when she was the age of twelve. Their killer was never found. Her brother also disappeared near the same time. After that she went to live with her Grandma in Austin. After high school, she went to Texas University to study criminal justice. Soon after she went into a FBI program and she became an agent.  And this case was her first lead.

Jenny looks at me and speaks.

“Can I trust you with something?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Well you know how there is fourteen cases?”

“Yeah.”

“Well I think there is more. I noticed when I looked back when my parents died, there were similar cases. But what’s different between the two sets is that women were missing and the males were found dead.”

“And you think your parents were a part of that?”

“Yes, unfortunately.”

“Then why wasn’t your mother taken?”

“Well my mother had accident at her factory job and she was missing a leg. They may have not wanted that.”

“That makes sense. I mean, I’m sorry to hear that.”

“I understood, but thanks.”

“No problem.”

We finish her leads and we head back to the station. We get out and go in. She speaks.

“Well thanks for taking me all around. I bet that sucked.”

“No, it was fun.”

“I’m glad. Hey did you maybe want to go get some dinner?”

“Well I would but I have to go get my daughter.”

“Oh yeah. Sorry forgot.”

“It’s fine. How about tomorrow?”

“Sounds good to me.”

We separate from each other and I’m almost out to door to leave when the dispatcher desk calls for me. I radio in and ask what is up. Apparently one of my CIs called in the distress signal and an address to the dispatcher.

I drive out to the address. It’s in the warehouse district. Most of these seemed abandoned. I’m not sure why my CI would be here. We had stopped contact like a year ago. I see the building from the address. I park out head out to search.

I pull out my gun and I head inside the building. It’s dark but faded lights are still on. I look throughout the ground floor and didn’t see anything. I go up the stairs and look there. I place open a steel door. What’s inside was shocking to me.

There are six bodies chained up. They didn’t look dead or bloody. I walk closer and see my CI. I go to him and check his pulse. He’s alive. There is a tube attracted with a needle at the end directly plug into his arm. The tube is draining his blood at a slow pace. I reach to pull off his chains but I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I stop and run to corner to hide under the desk by the wall.

Three figures of all sizes walk up. One gets close to my CI. I see the figured clearer now. It is tattooed all over its face.  Also it has like almost dried out skin. It walks up and is very close to the face of my CI. The tattooed man’s hand lights up a light blue and brushes against the CI’s face. The tattooed man pulls the tube from the CI’s arm and moves the tube to its mouth. It squeezes the tube of blood into its mouth. It’s feeding off it. The feeding of the blood turns the tattooed man’s eyes blue. It’s bone chilling to me.

I heard a strange language being spoken between all of them. The other two smaller figures walk closer to me. I can’t see them. But I think I need to move and shoot it before it kills my CI. The middle sized one, which looks female feeds off the next hanging body near my CI. She drinks it for a bit then passes the tube to the small one, which was the size of a small child. I sneak my way to the door that was open.

I hesitate to leave. But what if my gun doesn’t work on them? I decide to run home to research what the hell are these. I’m able to sneak out and silently get to my car. I leave and speed home.  I quickly go through my books. It takes about an hour then I find something.

Djinn. Djinn are creatures that lived on earth before man. In Islamic mythology, the Djinn are fiery spirits and mainly a type of demon. But unlike other demons, djinn are creatures of free will. In our time we would call Genies. I think these ones don’t grant wishes though. Djinn are often disruptive, but can sometimes be of service to mankind. Djinn normally dwell in dark places because they hate sunlight. They feed off blood of other creatures, mainly humans. Only way to kill them are silver bladed dipped in lamb’s blood.

I grab Chip’s silver letter opener that I never had the chance to put back on his desk. I quickly go to the local meat market and make the unusual order of lamb’s blood. I speed back to the building where my CI is held. I use my police scanner so I know where the cops are so I don’t get caught speeding. I soon arrive at the holding place and I sneak inside. The door is still open and I poke my head inside. I see them still feeding and I sneak under the desk from before.

 1…2…3 I just jump out and fire a shot into the one attacking my CI. The thing hits the floor and I turn my aim on the other two. But the woman runs at me and I shoot. The shot hits her in the head. She falls to the floor. The kid runs to the door, I start after but the male one gets up. I pull my knife out and plunge it into the male. He falls to the floor, taking the knife with him.

The woman Djinn gets up and goes towards me. She pulls a knife out and jams it into my shoulder. I’m able to push her enough so she releases the knife. I pull the knife out in total pain.  I reach for the knife and I’m able to grip it in my hand. I go towards her. My knife connects with her and her hand hits me. I black out

I wake up in my bed at home. I wake with a woman in my bed. I’m a bit confused. I realize this was my old bed. I look at the woman and it’s my ex-wife. Did I come here ever last night? It’s all a blur. She wakes up and lovely looking at me.

“Hey honey.”

“Hi. Why am I here?”

“Wow silly, should my husband be in my bed?”

“Yeah…”

She kisses me and roll out of bed naked. I stare, a bit confused. We aren’t married anymore. Well I wish we were.

I hear a strange sound coming from the other room. I get up and investigate the sound. I walk to the guest room and find something I wasn’t expecting. A baby. There is a crib in the middle of the room and I walk up to it to see a little baby wrapped in a blue blanket. I hear footsteps behind me, it’s Lauren. She speaks.

“Isn’t our son cute?”

“Yes. He is.”

I smile. I have a son. I always wanted one. But that’s when I realize something. These are things I always wished for. I’m not sure but I think the Djinn granted my wish. Maybe they aren’t as bad as I thought.

After I clean up, I decide to go more research into Djinns. I found out in some religious lore about Djinn that they have been known to grant wishes. But there is a cost. The djinn will drain the blood of victim of the wish receiver.

I thought I killed the djinn but the more and more I remember it did touch me. I may have spilled into this dream state, but I don’t know for how long. I decide to make the best of it. I return home to see my lovely family waiting for me. I plan out a whole day with them.

I, Lauren, Lilly and my new son, Jackson, go explore parks and sightseeing place in Chicago. It’s the best day of my life. But it gets better. Lauren turns to me.

“I’m having so much fun. How about we have a huge family dinner tonight?”

“Alright.”

“Ok. I’ll invite your sister and brother.”

“My brother?”

“Oh have you spent too much time with him lately?” She laughs.

“No.”

I guess I always wished I was closer to him. Now I have a chance, at least for a while.

I spend the remaining time before dinner talking to my mother and father on the phone. Yes, they are both alive in this place. They are happily retired in Madison, Wisconsin. I enjoy talking to them a lot.

Dinner time arrives and Michelle arrives first. She looks the same but she has a husband. I guess I wished for that too, she did deserve it. I sit there waiting for my brother. It’s been two years since I have seen him. I can’t really imagine what he will be like. I always wished that I would have been closer with him. The doorbell rings, I get up to answer it. I touch the knob and then I feel pain. It’s my shoulder. I wake up in the building with the dead djinn next to me.



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

dang! nice chapter it surpised me at the end!!! interesting !!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing