Chapter Twelve: Djinn Dinner

Chapter Twelve: Djinn Dinner

A Chapter by The old me

I call in back up to the station. I clean off my knife of the lamb’s blood. A few moments later, a few cops car come and an ambulance. A few officers escort the paramedics to the bodies’ upstairs. One stays back to tend to me. As I stand there getting fixed up, captain and Chip walks up. Behind them is Jenny. She speaks first.

“What happened?”

“I got a call from my CI from the Grego case. It was this address and saying he was in danger. So I came here and I found bodies up there. Then the two dead ones up attacked me and I killed them.”

“This is what happens to you when I leave you on your own.” She laughs. She seems pretty relaxed around me.

I smile at her and turn to the captain.

“There was a kid too. He was with them and he was all tattooed too.”

“Well we haven’t found one yet. But I’ll expand the search.”

I let the paramedic finish fixing me. And I get cleared to go home. So I go to my car and head home. I walk in and see my answering machine light going off. O f**k, I forgot about Lilly. I rush back outside to my car and there. I’m like four hours late. I rush over and knock on the door. Lauren answers and she is mad.

“Finally you show up! Your poor daughter was waiting by the door for two hours for you! You don’t call or answer your phone! What’s wrong with you?”

“Where is she?”

“Alex took her over to her friend’s.”

“I’m sorry it was work.”

“It’s always with the work. Or maybe this time it was that new woman you were with!”

“Lauren. Calm down. I was on call when I was attacked.” I show her my arm. “I had to shoot two people and kill them to save six people. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to call after, I was preoccupied. I’m really sorry.”

Lauren starts to cry.

“Wow, I’m an idiot. I snap on you and you could have died. I’m so sorry.”

She continues to cry. I walk up to her and hold her. She buries her head into my chest. She stops crying. She looks up at me and kisses me. She pulls me into the house and I’m pulled to our old bedroom. We both get undressed and embrace each other. We do the deed and I lay in the bed. For the first time ever, I don’t feel like I should be here. Maybe I’m finally over Lauren or maybe I had a crush on Jenny. I lay there and Lauren lays on me. Apparently Alex isn’t coming back so I guess I’ll stay the night.

I wake up in the morning. I feel the same way I did in that Djinn’s wish. But it quickly goes away when Lauren sadly tells me to leave and that we can’t do this anymore. I get dressed and leave.

I think a lot on my drive home to change for work. I think how I really wanted to keep being with Lauren. I think I want to find my brother and mend our relationship. I want a life.

I get home, change and head to work. I’m still in a load of pain from the stab wound. I need to go to work to distract me from my problems.

I arrive at work to see Jenny’s bright and sunny face. We go out to chase down more leads. We lightly talk about the night before. Then we talk a few other things. I start.

“So randomly I decided I want my brother back in my life.”

“That’s nice. I used to have a brother but he’s gone now.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. Mine is a lifetime criminal but I think I want to give him a second chance and get him some help.”

“That’s really nice.”

“Thanks.”

“Do you know where he is?”

“No. I may have to look at the police database.”

“I’ll help you. I look in the FBI database.”

“Thanks.”

She smiles. We go with her leads. The day drags on and we don’t find anything. We head back to the station. We get out and head to the door. She turns to me.

“So are we on for dinner?”

“Yeah. Is it just us or everyone?”

“I was hoping it was just going to be us.”

“That’s fine. Wait is this a date?”

“Only if you play your cards right.” She laughs and goes inside to change. I do too.

A few minutes later we meet outside the station. We decide on a kind of nice restaurant. It was always a hit with any girl I dated, which wasn’t many.

We arrive there and we talk about a little more personal stuff. She asks more about my family. She asks more about Lilly. The more and more we talk, I fall under her spell. I think I like this woman. We had a lot in common.

Jenny’s phone goes off. She answers.

“Where did you see that?” She is a bit shocked. “Ok, I’m on my way.”

She turns to me.

“I got a lead; sorry I got to go back to the station.”

“It’s fine. I’ll go with you.”

“I don’t know.”

“Oh come on. I will get you to the place faster than you will.”

“Ok. But we need to go to the station first so I can get my bag.”

So do I, I already packed a bag for whenever I found those vampires. We get to the station, and we both get our bags. We don’t question each on the contents, lucky me. We speed to the location of the lead. It’s in an old warehouse near the sewage plant.

We get there and head inside. We decide to split up to look for stuff faster. Good for me because I’ll be able to kill it without trouble. I look around and find nothing so I head to Jenny’s side.

At the end of the hallway I see Jenny on the floor with a man covered in blood over her. I pull out the machete in my bag and run up to him. I pull it back and swing for his head. It cleanly cuts off his head and the head falls to the floor. I help Jenny up and she looks at me strangely.

“How did you know that was a vampire?”



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Liking the developing love triangle between Lauren, Colt, and Jenny...

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice chapter got hooked !:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing