Chapter Eighteen: Brother

Chapter Eighteen: Brother

A Chapter by The old me

The next day arrives, Monday. The day I go back near home and see my brother at Holyfield. I really have no clue what to expect. I travel to Rockwell with Jenny. We arrive at the asylum and go inside. We get are badges to go inside for visiting. Matt accepts the visit.

Jenny and I sit there waiting for Matt to come in. But what ends up coming in is far from what I remember my brother as. A man walked inside. His face bandaged up only revealing his dried out lips and one eye. I’m very freaked out but I don’t show it.

He walks up and sits down stares me. I speak first.

“Matt? It’s good to see you.”

“It’s good to see you too Colt.”

“I have to ask what happened.”

“You wouldn’t believe me even if I told you.”

“I would. I’m your brother.”

“What about the past?”

“It’s all forgiven on my side, I would understand if you don’t feel the same way.”

“It is on my side too. Who is this?”

“This is my girlfriend, Jenny.”

“Hi.”

Jenny says, “Hi.”

I ask him, “What happened Matt?”

“You won’t believe me.” He starts to cry, I never really have seen it.

Jenny speaks up. “Trust me Matt. We will believe you no matter what.”

Matt stops crying and speaks, “It all started a few months after me and you had that exchange at Michelle’s. Which I’m sorry about.”

“It’s all forgiven.”

“Thanks you.” He dried up his tears. “So after that I still needed money. So I contacted my drug dealer asking him for any jobs. He told me someone was looking for me to give me something. At first I thought it could be bad. Then I decided to meet him anyways because I really needed the money. But I was completely shocked on who it was. And it is one reason I’m here.”

“Who was it?” I’m literally hanging on everyone on his words.

“It was dad.”

My body can’t move. I’m speechless. My mind is spinning. I stop for a moment and finally am able to talk.

“What?”

“It was dad. He was alive. At least I didn’t believe it was him but he still had that marlin necklace on. And the same silver watch. I couldn’t believe it was him.”

“What happened next?”

“That’s when I think I’m crazy. When I handed him his old necklace with the cross on it. It burned him and his eyes turned pitch black.”

Jenny shouts out, “It’s a demon.”

I turn to her, “What?”

“That’s the sign of a demon. When a demon has possessed someone, it can’t touch any religious item, it flitches when it hears the name of god in Latin, and has pitch black eyes when it has been touched by a holy item or is about to use its powers.”

I turn to Matt.

“What happened next?”

“Well he offered me a job. I thought it was dad. We were starting to bound when we got stuck on drop we were doing. Some people found us and tried to stop us. That’s when dad used some magic force and threw them against the wall. He killed them all. He then gathered the blood and put it in some cup. Added a few other things and then he stared talking to it. He was talking about some knife they were looking for. I was shocked and he knew it.” He starts to cry.

“What happened after that?”

“He told me, he was a demon. And that I could either join him or die. So I joined him. After a few months, we found the location of that knife. It was in some cave up in Madison, Wisconsin. We headed there with two other demons. We got there and found the knife was missing. But we did find something.”

“What was it?”

“You won’t believe me. I think this is the final thing that will make you find I’m bat s**t crazy.”

“Tell me, I will believe.”

“Ok.” He shakes his head as if he doesn’t even believe what he is about to say. “So we were in the cave and two other men were there too. But one man I knew. It was uncle.”

My mouth falls open.

“He is alive?”

“Well apparently in my mind.”

“What happened next?”

“I’m not sure. The place went up into flames and I was nearly burned to death.”

“I’m so sorry.”

“It’s not your fault Colt. My crummy life was leading to something bad.”

“But you don’t deserve it.”

“Thanks.”

“So let’s get you out of here.”

“But I’m crazy.”

“You aren’t. What you saw was real. And one day I hope I can prove it to you.”

“Thanks Colt.”

I go outside and sign the release papers. He is able to be released after the doctor talks to him and makes sure he is ready to leave. He knows to lie about it and make up a good story. Jenny and I wait in the lobby for him. We start to discuss all the extra craziness of the day. But we only lightly talk about it because she can see I’m upset. She just holds my hand and lays her head on my shoulder. At that moment I know she’s the one for me. I think I love her. I know I love her.

I turn to her and speak softly.

“Jenny, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

She kisses me and we go back to sitting and waiting when just then five doctors run by.  We get up and follow them. They are running to the room where Matt was at. I look inside through the doorway.

There inside Matt is laid out on the floor in a pool of his own blood. He is dead. I turn to the doctor still holding the letter opener. I see his eyes are black but they quickly change back. He looks at me and yells out.

“You’re next Colt Brown.”



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! I had a feeling something was going to happen, but not like that! I must have missed the part about the doctor getting the letter opener because that didn't make much sense. Anyway, that's all I have to say because I want to know what happens next...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing