Chapter Nineteen: Death and a Funeral

Chapter Nineteen: Death and a Funeral

A Chapter by The old me

            We silently drive back home. Jenny is driving now. I’m completely shocked about what happened today. My brother is killed. My father is alive and a demon. My uncle is alive and had a huge fight with my dad. I really have no clue what is going on anymore.

            We finally make it home. Jenny waits at my house awhile I go to my sister’s. As soon as I’m walking up to her house, she comes out and sees me. She knows something is wrong. I tell her what happened and that the body is on its way done here. We talk about arrangements, and Michelle says he has to be buried and a full Christian service. I’m too in shock still to even make any inputs. I don’t tell Michelle that dad or uncle is alive, it will be too much for her and too hard to explain. How can you tell someone that the man she called a father kill her mother and her brother because he was possessed by a demon and that her uncle was alive and never reached out to her or me?

            There is no way so I drop it. I go head home when I realize I have to go to Lilly’s dance program. So I suck it up and sit there watching my daughter dance. Lauren thinks my tears are for her dancing and me being proud of her which I was but it was the first moments when my brother’s death hit me.

            Once the show is over I quickly tell Lauren the funeral is Wednesday. She just accepts the fact and doesn’t go into feelings with me because she knows I hate that. So I leave after I kiss Lilly to sleep. I go home and lay next to Jenny the whole night. It calms me a bit.

            Next day I take off from work and stay in bed with Jenny. She doesn’t talk till I do. I really do know I love her now.

            The next day is the funeral. I get in my suit that I have had to use for police officers and my uncle’s funeral. I arrive at the cemetery. Michelle, Lauren, Lilly, and Jenny are the only other ones to come. It’s understandable but sad for Matt. I wonder who actually would go to mine. The same people maybe and a few from work, but not many.

            I say my speech on how good of a brother he was. But stop midway and really express my feelings. I tell everyone on how I wanted to be a better brother and wanted to make a strong family bond with him. But in the end, we run out of time. I cry a little. It’s the first time ever my daughter sees me like this, she almost seems scared because of it.

            We all finish up and are going to head back to Michelle’s place. Everyone heads to the cars and I tell them I’ll meet them. I want a few more moments with him. I look at his newly formed grave and wish he could come back somehow but I know anyway will be terrible for him.

            We all have our little family gathering. It’s very civil and relaxing. After a few hours, everyone leaves. Jenny and I head home. I drop her off and tell her I have something to do. Somehow she understands what is on my mind and allows me to do it alone.

            I go back to the cemetery. I go to Matt’s grave with all my tools. I dig up his body. I open the casket, salt it and put lighter fluid on him. I hesitate but finally get the nerve and I drop it in. The flames engulf it fast. I won’t allow him to be a monster.

            I suddenly hear a footstep behind me. I think it could be a guard or Jenny. But when I turn it is someone I wasn’t expecting.

“Uncle?”

“Hello Colt. How long has it been?”

“Like ten years?”

“Yes. That seems about right.”

“You seem to look exactly the same.”

“It’s just my complexion. I see you know about ghosts.”

“Yes. And other things I have seen or read in your journal.”

“Oh you read that.” He looks around. “Well Colt, I don’t have much time to talk to you but I’m here to warn you.”

“About what?”

“Everything. What you are doing is too dangerous for you.”

“It’s fine. I’m getting good at it.”

“I know. But trust me it’s a bad path to go on.”

“I know that. But I must find the ones who killed Matt and get my revenge.”

“I can’t help you on that now. But I’ll look into it and find you when I do.”

“So you are just going to leave again?”

“I have too.”

He walks off. Half of me wants to follow and half of me wants to cry. But I just go home.

When I get there, Jenny is asleep with a book and a map on here. Book is open to Acheri and a location is located on the map. I grab my uncle’s journal and read about it. I think a hunt will do me a lot of good while I wait for information on the demons that killed my brother. And when I find them, they will pay.



© 2011 The old me


Author's Note

The old me
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I didn't notice any grammar problems in this chapter actually....

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
1 Review
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing