Fumbling Hands

Fumbling Hands

A Story by Kathryn Jenkins
"

This is a short story featuring SwordMaster Rikkin and my main character Kerowyne. This is one of there training sections...please enjoy.

"
He dodged.
Clank…the two swords embraced.
Blonde hair smacked him in the face as he pivoted onto his left foot. He growled in irritation when his foot groaned under the pressure.
I diffidently got rusty being in that mountain for so long, Rikkin thought. She lunged he shifted his weight again, but this time Kerowyne surprised him. Kerowyne kicked out with her right foot knocking his feet out from under him.
Rikkin fell to the ground. He shifted his weight to his shoulders and flipped to his feet as Kerowyne’s blade went down into the ground. Rikkin heard her growl in frustration. Several months now they have been training and she still hasn’t manage to beat him yet.
Perhaps I should take it easier on her, he thought. Maybe that will help her with her self-esteem.
Rikkin would have considered the option of letting her win if it wasn’t for the onlookers. He couldn’t afford taking it easy on her. Kerowyne was supposed to be ready for war any minute and letting her win wasn’t going to get her where she needed to be.
Clank…the swords clashed again.
Clank
Clank
Clank
Kerowyne’s speed increased and Rikkin slowly increased his momentum to match hers. He started to see her frustration getting out of hand. She was no longer thinking. Kerowyne was just reacting out of anger.
Well, it is time to shut the show down I suppose, Rikkin thought.
He dropped his guard and Kerowyne took the bait. She lunged at him. Rikkin pivoted to the right grabbing hold of her sword arm twisting it back behind her. Kerowyne yelled out and dropped the sword. She threw back her head hoping to make contact with his. But, Rikkin anticipated the move and lurched his head.
Rikkin blocked her from kicking out his feet in a silly attempt of hers to use his weight against him. She managed to break his hold on her arm by biting him.
THAT LITTLE B***H! Rikkin thought.
She maneuvered but didn’t escape. “Geese, let go that hurts!” Kerowyne yelled.
“What do you say” Rikkin demanded.
“I surrender,” Kerowyne squealed. “Now let go of my breast.
Rikkin was so heated up he didn’t notice where his hand was sitting. Apparently he grabbed a hold of her right breast in the confrontation. His face turned red from the shock and released her.
Rikkin watched as she straightened her blouse to better cover her chest.
“Sorry, about that” he stated.
“Yeah right, bet you were just looking for an opening to grab those beautiful breasts!” yelled Jimmy.
Rikkin growled at the comment and stopped over to the boy sitting on the fence. He grabbed him by the collar. “Watch yourself boy” he snapped. “I will find a damn reason for you to wish you were never born.”
“Fine, geese keep your pants on man” Jimmy responded. “No, reason for you to get you panties in a twist. Was just joking with ya.”
He threw the boy back and glowered at him. “Don’t you have some chores to get done stable boy!” Rikkin snapped.
“Yes, sir” Jimmy said. “I’ll get on them right away.”
Rikkin watched him scurry to his feet. He made a kicking motion to the boy’s rump as he took off running towards the stable. Damn kids in this time are nothing but disrespectful, he thought.
“Are we done for the day?” Kerowyne asked.
He turned his attention back to his pupil. Rikkin examined her seeing her covered in sweat. When his eyes stopped on her breasts he felt heat in his cheeks.
“Umm…yes that is all for today” he stammered. “Best go get cleaned up for your lessons with Christophe.
“Okay” she said. “Same time tomorrow?”
“Two days” Rikkin stated. “Best get caught up on your magic training.”
He saw the look on her face. Rikkin ignored it, hoping she would go away. He didn’t want to admit to her that he was uncomfortable with what occurred. Holding her that way was too familiar.

© 2013 Kathryn Jenkins


Author's Note

Kathryn Jenkins
I welcome all criticism, especially when it comes to grammar and spelling. If you see any problems please point them out so I can fix them...thank you, enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on September 8, 2013
Last Updated on September 8, 2013
Tags: sword play, Tarzinea, fantasy

Author

Kathryn Jenkins
Kathryn Jenkins

Sioux City, IA



About
I am an aspiring writer that has a strong love for the fantasy genres. I have started my blog Dragon Knight Chronicles to help other fantasy lovers like myself to feel inspired and to help them get pu.. more..

Writing