Run Away Thoughts

Run Away Thoughts

A Story by Kathryn Jenkins
"

Here is Christophe Flares, Kerowyne's Grandfather...take a look and see what kind of man he is through his actions.

"

He could feel the cool breeze on his face. The sun shone bright today, and was high in the sky. Christophe could hear the scruff of feet shifting in the dirt. He heard the clash of steel as their swords embraced. Christophe was impressed immensely of how Kerowyne had improved with her swordsmanship in so little time. She was a natural with her footing and shifting her weight in combat in only a few short weeks. It was so hard to look at her without having flash backs to when he was a child. Watching his own mother going through the same regimen as his granddaughter was now.

“My lord,” Kent said. “Is everything alright?”

“Hmmm…”he said. “What?”

“You look like your somewhere else, sir” Kent said.

Christophe hadn’t notice that he spaced out. He was so busy watching the movements of Rikkin and Kerowyne’s feet that he lost track of time. “I’m fine Kent my mind got away from me for a second,” he replied.

Christophe saw the sceptical look on Kent’s face. But, he didn’t really care. Kent was about to say something when he heard Kerowyne yell out. They both turned their attention to the ring and saw her laying on her back. Apparently, Rikkin pulled a fast one on her and she wasn’t ready to take the blow. Hmmm…guess she hasn’t master the sword craft just yet, he thought with a smirk.

© 2013 Kathryn Jenkins


Author's Note

Kathryn Jenkins
I welcome all kinds of criticism, especially grammar and spelling. Hope you enjoy this little short story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2013
Tags: Tarzinea, fantasy, Christophe

Author

Kathryn Jenkins
Kathryn Jenkins

Sioux City, IA



About
I am an aspiring writer that has a strong love for the fantasy genres. I have started my blog Dragon Knight Chronicles to help other fantasy lovers like myself to feel inspired and to help them get pu.. more..

Writing