Sludge and Rabbit Girl

Sludge and Rabbit Girl

A Story by Kathryn Jenkins
"

A prank gone wrong will end with a bizarre ending...

"

“Damn it to hell!” Christophe yelled.

I can’t believe that little brat did this he thought. Christophe was red face with rage. All he wanted to do was go into his office and get a bit of peace from all these screaming kids. Instead he got a pile of sludge on his head.

“What’s wrong my lord?” Kent asked. “Oh…”

Christophe turned around to look at the little weasel. “Don’t you even think about laughing!” he snapped.

“Umm…why would I do that?” Kent asked while trying to sniffle a giggle.

“Quit your snickering…get me a damn towel and some clean clothes” Christophe snapped.

“Yes, sir!” Kent squealed.

This is the last straw. Kerowyne thinks she is going to get away with this prank she has another thing coming Christophe thought.

He walked over to his desk doing his best not to drip on the carpet. Christophe took out his spell book and flipped through the pages looking for one of interest. “Got it,” he said. “This will be perfect.”

Christophe walked out onto the balcony and looked towards the sparring field where he could see Kerowyne snickering with her friend Alex. “ana sele raviso elishe” he said as he snapped the book shut.

He laughed silently to himself as a poof of smoke surrounded Kerowyne. That will teach the little brat he thought. Christophe could hear the sweet music of people yelling.

“Oh, how sweet it is to be victorious” he said.

“My lord, I got you a new change of clothing” Kent said.

“Great, now do me a favor and keep Roseanne in the dark about what just happened” Christophe ordered.

“What did you do this time” Kent asked.

“If you're talking about the granddaughter that is in rabbit form,” Christophe sneered. “I had nothing to do with it…or did I?”

He couldn’t help but laugh and enjoy the screaming about the rabbit girl. Ah…sweet music to my ears Christophe thought. Now if only Hailey was here to squeeze her head off. Hmm…guess there is a use for great-grandchildren.

© 2013 Kathryn Jenkins


Author's Note

Kathryn Jenkins
I hope you all enjoy this story. It helps bring out the mischief side of Kerowyne's character and Christophe's prankster side as well. If you see any error please don't hesitate to say it. This way I can go in and fix it. Thank you, please enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Kathyrn,

This is a very endearing write, mysterious, i love the whole fantasy aspect you incorporated into this poem...
looking forward to getting to know the characters in this...

Great use of dialogue, indeed mischevious...I also enjoy the imagery and fluidity upon this story.

I think (barely slept) so i could be wrong: is to just edit out a teensy weensy grammaractical error
(no worries, i'm notorious for them):

“If your talking about the granddaughter that is in rabbit form,” --- *if ((you're))*
OR "you are" - i suppose :)

other than that, great start (i believe this is the beginning of your story?)
I thoroughly enjoyed this!

thank you for your kind review & for pocketing some of my writes. I will definitely read more
of this story...happy writings :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathryn Jenkins

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the great review. I greatly appreciate it. I didn't catch that error before th.. read more
ms. barrie

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome, Kathryn, Your story engages and holds the reader's attention.
Was a ple.. read more



Reviews

I'm guessing these are characters from a book of yours? They seem interesting, and so does the world they inhabit. Other reviewers have pointed out grammar, so I will just say that I am intrigued to read more!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Enjoyed the piece.
Keep up the great work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hi Kathyrn,

This is a very endearing write, mysterious, i love the whole fantasy aspect you incorporated into this poem...
looking forward to getting to know the characters in this...

Great use of dialogue, indeed mischevious...I also enjoy the imagery and fluidity upon this story.

I think (barely slept) so i could be wrong: is to just edit out a teensy weensy grammaractical error
(no worries, i'm notorious for them):

“If your talking about the granddaughter that is in rabbit form,” --- *if ((you're))*
OR "you are" - i suppose :)

other than that, great start (i believe this is the beginning of your story?)
I thoroughly enjoyed this!

thank you for your kind review & for pocketing some of my writes. I will definitely read more
of this story...happy writings :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathryn Jenkins

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the great review. I greatly appreciate it. I didn't catch that error before th.. read more
ms. barrie

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome, Kathryn, Your story engages and holds the reader's attention.
Was a ple.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013
Tags: Tarzinea, Fantasy, Funny, Christophe, Kerowyne

Author

Kathryn Jenkins
Kathryn Jenkins

Sioux City, IA



About
I am an aspiring writer that has a strong love for the fantasy genres. I have started my blog Dragon Knight Chronicles to help other fantasy lovers like myself to feel inspired and to help them get pu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..