Downfall: Recliamation Day chp two

Downfall: Recliamation Day chp two

A Story by dragonslayer47
"

chp two of Recliamation Day

"

                                 Gauntlet

 

       I awake with a huge aching feeling in my head, i moan as pain shoots through my left temple as I get up. I check my mask and see it did not break or loose its seal. I drag my self over towards the edge of the two story corner building, I look over and see the smoldering hulk of the MH-6 Little Bird. I see the cockpit window is smashed and bloody and that the rotors are ripped off, under one of the blades is Jacob. I quickly go into my pack and retrive a black nylon rope, I attach it to a rusty pipe and rappel down the side of the gray cement building.

 

       Once i reach the bottom of the building unsling my M 21 sniper and sling my REC-7, i scan through ACOG sight looking for any targets before I reach the open. I runover to the chopper and click my mike and say "Jake talk to me you ok". I reach and I put my gun down, i lean agianst the blade and I throw it off of him. I see that he is still breathing and he mumbles in his state of unconciousness, I notice a tear in his suit. I get duck tape out of my bag and i seal the leek hopeing we weren't near any infected sources. I say "don't worry Jake I'll get you out of here". I slam both of are emegency beacons, sling my rifle, and pick him up and through him over my shoulder.

 

       I pull out my M-9 pistol and check my map, from are current pisition we are about four miles to the nearest check point. We waddle down the street heading west to the checkpoinet, we go past a raided out gas station. We go past the station and in front of us is a twenty car pile up that blocks up the entire street. I would climb it but with Jake unconcious we could never climb it. We double back and in front of us, a block down is a few human infected that are walking down the street towards us. We then hear moans sreeches and screams from the ten coming down the street. Behind them must be about a hundred other infected humans. 

 

         I look at the gas station and I make towards it, the front glass doors have been smash so unlocking them isn,t a challenge. Once inside i move to the back of the store, the shelves that once held nonperishable food items are completely empty execpt from a few packages and faded wrappers. My boots crunch on the glass that covers the floor, as i move toward a small bathroom. We pass the freezer section and inside are packages of black gunck that once was freeze dried peas and spinch, I thank god my masks on because it dampens most of the smell.

 

        We enter the bathroom and i close and lock the door, knowing if they discover that we're in here a filmsy bathroom lock would not do much against a hundred flesh hungry infected. We wait in the dark bathroom, i pray that jake doesn't not make a sound that would betray are hiding spot.

 

        We hear the sounds of the infected marching feet as they get closer and closer to the gas station. Outside we hear the feet, occainsally a moan or a grunt, soon we hear them rumaging through the station. There feet are makeing scraping sounds as they step onto floor covered in glass. I then stop breathing as I hear scrapeing sounds on the other side of the bathroom door. I freeze in place as i pray whatever is outside just moves on.

 

        The herd of infected moves on after about three minutes of waiting, I still wait ten minutes afterward just in case. I then move foward, my legs ache for staying in one position for so long. I turn on my gas mask light, I look at Jacob as my light hits his mask he opens his eyes. He jolts up into a fighting stance, he swings and dodge his strike. I grab both of his arms and say "Jake it's Peter", once he looks at me he stops. I say "calm down, you've been unconicous for about two hours". I say "we need to get to the closest checkpoint about two miles away". He nodds at me and then he asks "where my gear"," I had to leave it at the chopper because i can't carry you and your gear". I hand him my REC 7 and all my clips for it, I am suprised they have not picked up are beacon yet. As we move through the gas station on the floor there is a red can. I pick it up and on it is the famaliar coca-cola symbol on it. I put the can inside my pack knowing that later on i know a person who like to try this commdity. We go out the back door into a ally way, on the ground there is multiplie items of trash. Are boots crush them as we move on, through the ally way hopeing the herd that past us doesn't come through are direction agian.

 

        We are about a mile away from the check piont but we need to hurry because in a few moments the city will become twenty times as dangerous. We jog the rest of the way to the check piont passing the remenants of peoples care free lives. We stop as we hear pounding to are left in ally way. In a instent two cars in front of the ally way are flipped over like toys, they crash into a store across the street setting it ablaze. Out of the ally way a huge tweleve foot tall creature stomps out walking on it's fists like a gorilla. The creature is obviously infected with all the slime dripping off it. The monster has the neck of a garraffi, the body of a bear and the arms and legs of a gorilla. It's mouth is full of steak knife like teeth dripping with salvia ready for it's next victim. Jake and I take up position behind cars on each side of the street, the monster stands there watching us with it's shark like eyes. It then roars an unatural sound, at the same we open fire. Are bullets cuts the creatures roar short, my bullets hit center mass as well as jacob's. Are rounds only seem to make it pissed off. It charges me, i pump all fifteen of my rounds into it's body still to no affect. It flips the car I am hiding behind makeing me fall on my a*s. Think it has killed me the creature moves, it strides slowly towards Jacobs position, know that both of us are easy prey. I unhook my knife from my vest and climb out from underneath the flipped car. I run towards the monster as Jacob fires bursts at it. I jump on top of a cars roof and then onto the creatures back. I try to get a grip but there is no fur to cling to and it's covered in slime. I stab at where i think the C veretabrate is, the creature tries to through me off like a cowboy on a wild bull. My knife then makes contact and i feel the creatures muscles go limp underneath me. 

 

        I get up and run over to see if jacob is ok. He says " i never seem anything like that in my six months of service". I agree with him and say " come on it's night we can't be on the street. I take a picture of the creature and we continue down the road. After about fifteen minutes Jacob collapses with exhaustion, I go onto my knee and say "come on a little bit further". Then the street is lit up by to pairs of car lights, I point my gun instinctivly at the source. I then see a sillihoute say "drop your weapons United States military". He then see what i am wearing and my insigna, he then says "thank god we've been searching the area for you until we ran into a herd". Jacob coughs next to me into his hand on his glove is dots of black infected blood. I go to him and look at a tear in his suit in it is a deep gash covered in infected slime. He then falls back and I catch him in my arms, he starts to convulse. I scream somebody help him " Some body help him", no one moves. I say to Jake "it is going to be ok will get you to a doctor" even though I know there is zero hope for someone infected.

 

                                     Behind me i see a flash and hear a bang, blood covers my lenses.

 

            Chapter 3 Long Road Home to be released soon               

 

 

© 2014 dragonslayer47


Author's Note

dragonslayer47
please give me a review positive or constructive critism. ignore spelling and grammer. if you want you can give me ideas on later chapters

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on June 3, 2014
Last Updated on June 4, 2014
Tags: hazmat, Downfall, Recliamtion, Day, virus, chapter, two, military

Author

dragonslayer47
dragonslayer47

PA



About
I like to write alot, if I have a story idea I have to write it before i forget it. I like to write about all sorts of things like, my genres that i like to write about are historical fiction, sci fi,.. more..

Writing