The Goblet of Gidiion

The Goblet of Gidiion

A Story by dragonslayer47
"

A fantasy short story about treasuer hunters seeking the Goblet of Gidiion based in the Dungeon and Dragons universe

"

 

      The dark catacombs are closeing in around us, the tomb is five feet tall and three feet wide. We are looking for a goblet that if a user drinks wine from will gain control over the elements for a day. I am taking up the rear, and in front of me is the gaint of a man named Jones. In front of Jones is a beautiful halfling huntress named Nivria, and leading us is a dawrf named Dun. We move through the passage occiansly banging agianst the musty stone wall. We all bump into each other when Dun stops in his tracks, he excliams "The tomb it should be down there". I squeeze my way to the front of the group front of the group to ask "what's wrong". I them see that the tunnel goes down but it's flooded, Dun checks his map and say "only you can swim it, the tunnel is about 100 meters long. On the other side there should be a valve that should deflood the passage way".

 

      I hand over all my gear execpt my under clothes and a dagger, I then dive into the black cold water. My webbed hands and feet make me glide under water, my scaly tail guides me at my speed. As I swim a wet flexible thing grabs my leg and I am pulled backwards. I rear around dagger in hand and slice at the object, the thing was a dark green tentacale. I slice the tentacle in half but then another grab my arm, I loose the dagger and i curse at myself. I use the only weapon I have left and I bite the tentacale with my reptilian teeth. The creature then retracts it tentacle through the crack, i stand ready in case of further attacks but none come. I swimming back towards the other end of the tunnel staying alert so the creature doesn't catch me off guard.

 

      I reach the otherside of the tunnel and find the vavle. I heave agianst centuries of rust build up until final i see the tunnel start to drain out. The tunnel is complete devioded of water after five minutes of waiting, the rest of the group catchs up. I put my gear back on and continue into the tomb.

 

     We walk for another twenty minutes until we reach a door, the door is massive and mad of stone, on it is a writing in a langauge that I don't understand. Dun says " It says When you say my name I disappear". I say "It's a riddle". We wait for hour until unexpectingly Jones say "Silence".

 

     The door falls down slowly through a opening below it, dust enevolpes us. After the door falls, we walk into a large chamber, the chamber is stunning, it's a hundred and fify feet tall and three hundred feet wide. The sides of the chamber of the chamber is covered in stream, in the center there is a large stone island with a cave. We approach it on top of a cave is a man he says "welcome to my home" and he bows sarcasticly. He says "you have fallen into my trap perfectly", Dun says "wait he the guy who employed us, his name is marick". Marick says " No I am Giddiion, I have been luring travelers for the past centuries after my empire fell. I kill people looking for the goblet, useing the necromancy I've learned to bring them back under my control. Some my empire will rise agian making it bigger then before". He then jumps down and then some how turns into a large hydra with three dragon like heads. The left head leans down and opens it's maw, we all jump out of the way but Jones is not fast  enough. The cloud of green gas that comes out of it's mouth disintgrates him on the spot. Nivria unsling here bow and fires the arrow hits it in his chest, but doesn't injure the hydra. I take both of my swords, one in each hand charge at the creature. I slice at one of it's four legs and it goes down on it. It whips his tail at me and I fly across the room, the wind is knocked out of me. I get up and I see both Dun and Nivria attacking the hydra, I run up behind the hydra and slash it belly. It's lime green blood spills out and sizzles on the rock obviously it's acidicct. I roll underneath it and start stabing, I dodge the blood of each wound. I roll out from underneath it the creature is closer to the ground now and I take i bold move. I slash one of the head's neck, blood sprays onto a stone wall and melts it. The hydra gives out a dying roar and then collapses.

 

       After checking to make sure it's dead we move on into the cave. Inside on a table is the goblet, Dun moves foward and picks it up and it' is the first time i have seen him smilie. We walk out into the open next to gidiions body, Dun says I'll guess we'll find a museum that will buy this and will split the rew...", Dun's sentence is cut short by one of Nivria's arrows. She points here bow at me and i back up against the hydra's body. She leans down and picks up the goblet, she says " I know an orc warlord who would pay triple what a museum would pay". She says "always liked you we could split it and can go into buissness with each other". I say "your insane i am not going with you so later on you can out a arrow in my chest". I then slowly take out a dagger from the back of my belt and then stick it into the hydra's neck behind me. She then says " I am truly sorry then" in a cruel voice. I pull out my dagger and move to the left, I jet of acid blood hits nivrias left side of here face. She takes a moment to react and then she drops her bow and falls to the ground. She is screaming and kicking, yelling "You a*s hole, help me f*****g help me". Her pleads of help are cut short to a dagger to her neck.

 

      I look at the goblet and say to myself "this to much power for one person to control". I step and then crush the goblet underneath my heel. I leave the tomb, but before i leave a close the chamber door and wipe away the riddle. The tomb and the bodies it contians will rest in peace, forever 

© 2014 dragonslayer47


Author's Note

dragonslayer47
Ignore grammar and spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, it certainly did have an unexpected ending. Interesting.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Added on June 4, 2014
Last Updated on June 5, 2014
Tags: The, Goblet, of, Gidiion, fantasy, swords, hydra

Author

dragonslayer47
dragonslayer47

PA



About
I like to write alot, if I have a story idea I have to write it before i forget it. I like to write about all sorts of things like, my genres that i like to write about are historical fiction, sci fi,.. more..

Writing