Columbia Circle

Columbia Circle

A Poem by Archipelago
"

found this written in the margins of one of my notebooks from last semester

"
It was a cold dark day in the frozen wasteland that you called your home when you walked up to me with that s**t-eating grin like a cat bringing a dead rat to its master. Why were you so f*****g proud, you black-eyed s**t, you beaten w***e, you broken child from a broken home? What did you have to offer me that day when you asked me for my help? You had the bruises on your body and the liquor on your breath, and the twinkle in your eye that said you’d sell yourself for shelter. You weren’t much to look at that cold dark day near Christmas but once I scraped off all the caked-in blood and washed away the years of you built up like ancient mud, I found some other bombshell hiding underneath, a pretty princess waiting to be swept off of her feet. Do you want a castle, lady? Do you need a back rub, lady? What’s the going rate here, lady? Will you stay forever, lady?

© 2010 Archipelago


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on February 9, 2010
Last Updated on February 9, 2010

Author

Archipelago
Archipelago

NJ



About
I like writing. It relieves stress. I'm in college. - - - - - "When you saw, far off, the heavy fate approaching, did you not say to the mountains, “hide me”, to the hills, “fall.. more..

Writing
Perverse Perverse

A Poem by Archipelago


The Trial The Trial

A Story by Archipelago