Honesty

Honesty

A Story by CWP

I will be so blunt it scares you. I will tell you the things you never wanted to face, the things you painted over with foundation. I will tell you, in my stony voice, that you didn't hide your flaws as well as you thought, that you yellowed hair and bleached grin, will never mask the lies you told in the pauses you took before you spoke. Your waving hands, sideways glances, the disconnected expressions you make at empty space tell all.
That's why you hate me. I watched and noticed. I know she settled for less and you never really dropped your dangerous feening habits. In her complaints and vehemence and his flings and grins, they scream it like children in wells, trapped in the depths of their falsehoods.
So hate me. Everyone could hate me and it wouldn't change a thing. I would still watch, smirk, and sneak a comment that leaves you awake, shaking from the poison you drank, praying that no one else heard or saw the truth slide across your face.
That's the funny thing, liars think they're clever, that they covered every last base. Until you show them you didn't. It could just be a guess, backed up by nothing but an impulse and a feeling, and the only affirmation possible is the horror struck expression deceit discovered leaves.

© 2015 CWP


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really good portrayal of honesty. Liars need to be confronted.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on July 12, 2015
Tags: blunt, honest, false, fake, lies, body language, observe, watch, real

Author

CWP
CWP

NM



About
I'm a stream-of-consciousness kind of writer, sticking to realistic fiction. I like to use writing as a way of lucid dreaming, I guess would be a way to put it, a way to study situations and people. I.. more..

Writing
A Painful Start 2 A Painful Start 2

A Story by CWP


A Painful Start 1 A Painful Start 1

A Story by CWP


Symmetry Symmetry

A Story by CWP