Winter's Flames

Winter's Flames

A Story by RatWritings
"

On a cold winter’s night, a black haired girl sat under a frost covered tree. Her thin jacket did no good to protect her from the cold. Her face was stained with soot and her hair was matted. She drip

"

On a cold winter’s night, a black haired girl sat under a frost covered tree. Her thin jacket did no good to protect her from the cold. Her face was stained with soot and her hair was matted. She dripped with sweat, despite the cold. She looked behind her at the sky, which glowed with a pale orange light. She didn’t dare return to her burning house.

The girl knew her parents were dead. When she had awoken to the flames, her parents had laid still in the room they had shared, pressed against the door as they tried to keep the door closed to keep the flames away from their daughter. The room had been consumed in flames, and they swirled around the small bed that the girl was in. The girl had thought quick, leaping from her bed onto the larger bed her parents shared and to the window. She had leaped out the two story window and landed on the ground. The impact had broken her leg, and she had limped, crying, from her flame swallowed home.

The girl knew the flames wouldn’t reach the tree she was under, but it was too cold to stay in one spot for long. She stood, swallowing back a cry of pain as she put a slight weight on her broken leg. The pain still shooting through her mangled leg, she limped farther into the forest. The trees began to thin until they stopped completely.

A town came into view. A stone path stretched from the forest into the town, and the girl limped over to it. She started down the path, eager to go to town and get help. But as she got a little ways down the path, it seemed longer than it had originally seemed. After a few minutes of stumbling down the path, her leg was screaming in agony. But the girl was too tired to even make a sound.

Soon streetlights dotted the path as the girl neared the town. They shone a pale light down on the dark haired girl, glistening coldly. The girl’s breath came out in puffs in front of her face. Her whole body shook with cold. She took one more step and collapsed, too exhausted to continue.

It began to snow large white flakes. The girl did not notice them. All she could feel was the burning cold. After a few moments, a warm feeling overtook her, starting in her heart and spreading through her body. The girl’s eyes closed, and she was covered with the last blanket she’d ever feel as her body was lost in the snow.

© 2017 RatWritings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
I don't know why a tear drop appeared in my eyes..........
Well hmm...
Indeed you made it that goes through the heart!!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on November 20, 2017
Last Updated on November 20, 2017
Tags: wintersflames, shortstory, winter, fire

Author

RatWritings
RatWritings

ME



About
I've been writing since second or third grade. Bear with me if my work is really bad. I also draw, and I can play multiple instruments like viola, violin, flute, and melodica. I'm self teaching myself.. more..

Writing
Heartbeat Heartbeat

A Story by RatWritings