on the beach, alone, with a White supremacist, it's getting dark.

on the beach, alone, with a White supremacist, it's getting dark.

A Poem by h d e rushin

there is no sky,
no horizon, no azimuth. no filaments.
no cream filling. no sea monsters.
no static cling. no leatherback turtles.
no figure skating. no angles.
no crossdressers. no pistols.
no Americans.  no barbeque sauce.
no California. no deliquescence.
no wealth. no iron. no right turns (on red)
no pencils sharp enough.  no paper cuts.  no humming sounds.
no piquancy. no childbirth.
no fugitives. no speed. no brittle bones.
and no f*****g UTOPIA.

© 2019 h d e rushin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

it never stops...we thought something good was going on, change for the better with the Civil Rights Movement....
the understanding that skin color doesn't matter, we are all the same inside...

and yet hate still finds its niche...I see this much too often in Southern Illinois...especially the southern most counties...
they are still back at the turn of the century with their thinking.
they might as well shave their heads.
it's really sickening...and if there were still paper cuts...the blood would be the same color.
j.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

h d e rushin

4 Years Ago

skin color doesn't matter now nor did it ever. Thanks brother for those kind words....dana



Reviews

Its all still there. It is still getting bad. Hate and fear of someone else. The scapegoat because they have got to be wrong.
It ,you are right can never be utopia. Someone will always detroy it with a semi automatic rifle; or the burning cross and white hood of history.
Perfectly accented and composed. Imbued with your trademark humanity and wisdom.

Posted 4 Years Ago


h d e rushin

4 Years Ago

thanks dear brother. And I am sure of what you just said. Someone will always be hell bent on destru.. read more
The Utopian delusions of some Americans have caused so much strife and violence in this country. Sadly, the ignorant refuse to look behind the book cover and the stupid read only what they've been told to read. This captures the continuing struggle not only for civil rights, but plain common sense and civility. A raw poem that should pierce the ears of many.

Posted 4 Years Ago


h d e rushin

4 Years Ago

thanks dear brother for those kind remarks/ dana
Powerful. Pulled he air right out of my lungs. It was like a marriage between righteous anger and bitter truth.

Posted 4 Years Ago


h d e rushin

4 Years Ago

what I mean is that there is no wonted , customary habituation that ever derives from individual pri.. read more
I apologize but this review is gonna be a long un I used to have the hobby of grave rubbing charcoal impressions of grave stones. Once many years ago i hiked to an old abandoned cemetery perched at the top of this hill nothing around it but the dilapidated bits of an old church and no roads to it, only way to get there is climbing a very steep winding trail but the view overlooking "Brady's Bend" is wonderful for the river hugs the hill side and wraps around it so it was one of my very favorite places to hike. So being young and stupid I hiked the trail by myself and commenced doing my favorite hobby the grave was an old civil war style headstone with an rusty G.A.R. flag holder in front of it the original gravestone was a rough chiseled rock with the name Freeman on it that was layed at the foot of the grave and a newer civil war headstone was placed at the head. I had tried many times to get an impression of the foot-stone but it was so worn and difficult to hold in position I was determined to get it right this time! not five minutes after I had set up my paper and started to scratch away with my charcoal but out of nowhere and directly behind my hunched over head a voice said clear as day "my bones are white" I froze and even as I type this it still sends a chill down my back. I broke any and all records for descending that hill that day.... great write Dana look what you made me do:)

Posted 4 Years Ago


h d e rushin

4 Years Ago

the confederacy, in which most of this supremacist doctrine is derived, was a savagely misguided and.. read more
This has an empty ring to it of frustration as every ordinary thing of worth is removed by hatred. There will always be prejudice as human beings are afraid of difference and try to protect THEIR patch, their beliefs, their way of life. This is a thinker!

Posted 4 Years Ago


h d e rushin

4 Years Ago

I guess there is a frustration and even a grisliness to the notion of utopia when even ordinary thin.. read more
interesting to say the least ... personally looking for Utopia in my life was very short lived in the scheme of living ;) sadly there will always be difficult people ..some so much so that they require defense against .. your poem paints a bleak and nothing place ... an apocalypse of the heart, mind and soul perhaps .. i could never surrender my deliquescence (love that word) and this one "azimuth" ..great stuff h d! so the "White Supremacist" arrives on the beach and is a sucking vortex black hole >;[ ...such ignorance is deplorable .. thats all it is .. complete utter ignorance .. love on ya girl! you know i like your stuff!
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


h d e rushin

4 Years Ago

thank you love.. and that part about it being utter ignorance/ I agree.
it never stops...we thought something good was going on, change for the better with the Civil Rights Movement....
the understanding that skin color doesn't matter, we are all the same inside...

and yet hate still finds its niche...I see this much too often in Southern Illinois...especially the southern most counties...
they are still back at the turn of the century with their thinking.
they might as well shave their heads.
it's really sickening...and if there were still paper cuts...the blood would be the same color.
j.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

h d e rushin

4 Years Ago

skin color doesn't matter now nor did it ever. Thanks brother for those kind words....dana

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 29, 2019
Last Updated on August 29, 2019

Author

h d e rushin
h d e rushin

detroit, MI



About
black american poet living in detroit. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Paper fish Paper fish

A Poem by Relic