Monumentum

Monumentum

A Poem by h d e rushin

if in retrospect we find out that mask wearing didn't do s**t or from the very beginning weren't helpful, or that they were just the tools of some elaborate  hoax or grander conspiracy. And if I come to find out that I really am one of those  sheeple the antivaxers rail about. I'll still sleep well because I'll go to bed knowing that my only motive was to love my neighbor as myself. 

© 2021 h d e rushin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's because you will do for others what they will not do for themselves beautiful soul.

Posted 2 Years Ago


h d e rushin

2 Years Ago

thank you love.....dana/ stay safe in Texas...
Corset

2 Years Ago

I will do my best to stay safe my friend, wherever I may be, you please do the same!
There is really only one word that springs to mind when I read of those that eschew the science of it all, and that word is selfish.

Your motive is pure and I can only add, that like you, I sleep well.

Beccy. X

Posted 2 Years Ago


h d e rushin

2 Years Ago

just knowing that you are safe brings me comfort. thank you my love for your insight...dana
YES! You hit the nail on the head. I wear a mask and I have had both my vaccination shots. Soon I will be eligible for the booster and I will get that too. Perhaps we are sheep, but I have lost friends and relatives to this horrible virus and I will do my damndest to ensure no one else loses anyone! Well said!! Lydi**

Posted 2 Years Ago


h d e rushin

2 Years Ago

I had the booster shot on the 17th due my compromised immune system.. and it completely wiped me ou.. read more
I do believe the mask did help. I am a overnight pharmacy manager and everyone except me had the coronavirus. I was surrounded by sick people. I still keep my mask on. Michigan would of lost many more if we were like California and Texas. The virus isn't new. Past 100 years. Many deadly virus. This one ain't done yet. Too many people and killing off nature. We have poison the sky, the earth and the water. Hello my dear friend and I hope you are staying well and being safe. Here in Michigan, they are forcing the 12 years old to have the shots in Macomb. That is scary. My grandchildren took the shots already.

Posted 2 Years Ago


h d e rushin

2 Years Ago

Officials are still trying to find out the origin of the virus, as if it matters at this point. Wuha.. read more
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

More bad days are coming dear Dana. You are welcome my dear friend.
point well taken h d! i worked my career in Pediatric Intensive Care and getting the "flu" shot, tho never required was, as you suggest, a moral obligation. The children we cared for were at high risk. There have been and always will be those who, for their own personal beliefs, do not take vaccines nor have their children vaccinated. I respect that. There are people who refuse blood products tho it is their only hope of recovery. I have to respect that too. The masks are and were a farce. I make a guess at 99 % of people wearing them, do so improperly not to mention do not have N90s or better. The only thing they are good for is the psychology of it. For some people its about control ... for others a panacea. Personally .. I am so over this covid crap. It is a virulent and dangerous viral infection ... most likely lab created in my opinion. I have missed reading you, Dana! Not sure why I have not gotten notices .. going to check out what else I have missed down your lane. Thanks for creating this forum to discuss the issue! love and peace girl!
E.

Posted 2 Years Ago


h d e rushin

2 Years Ago

I like the idea of how masks can be more "psychological' than anything else. It only stands to reas.. read more
Einstein Noodle

2 Years Ago

yes ... we have had many "better years" for sure .. but trial produces patience and long suffering ... read more
If I should die before I wake, I pray the lord my Mask to take.
It's a matter of caring for others...this spread now has been happening so fast...and stemming

from the part of the pop. unmasked....The Lone Ranger never let anyone take his mask off.
Maybe if we followed that example....this outlaw virus might be gunned down.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


h d e rushin

2 Years Ago

my mother watches the Lone Ranger every day and evening on reruns. And it's true that no one was all.. read more
Thank you for speaking this truth that I myself agree with. It is not a question of liberty or freedom. This is a question of the value of life. Even if it were some dark elaborate test, which it isn't, the fact that people have so much indifference for their life and those around them they would rather choose death says a lot about their character. It takes a lot of hate in a person's heart to not respect the lives of others. They are basically walking around with loaded gun shooting people dead randomly. It is pure insanity, indifference, and hypocrisy. They are lacking in character and morality. Thank you for this poem.

Posted 2 Years Ago


h d e rushin

2 Years Ago

I got my third (booster) shot last Tuesday because of a compromised immune system that I drag around.. read more
truth be told Dana, you are no sheeple, the sheeples are those backward assed, fascist ignorant no nothings that rail against science... it is science and not opinion that makes clear wearing an N95 rated mask is part of a more overall means in preventing the spread of covid or any virus for that matter.... science is what there people are against and there is plenty of proof (scientific proof and not opinion) that the masks, social distancing and especially getting vaccinated is the best and only way to conquer this covid.... based on individualism which run ramped in this country these people are causing great harm to people.... there is no personal 'freedom' to cause sickness and death... this is a fascist pandemic and these people if not outright fascists, are siding with them...

sorry Dana my comment is longer than your "Mommentum"....

Posted 2 Years Ago


h d e rushin

2 Years Ago

I'm still working on those 3 word poems....and still getting no where. And I agree to two things my .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2021
Last Updated on August 19, 2021

Author

h d e rushin
h d e rushin

detroit, MI



About
black american poet living in detroit. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Haiku #21 Haiku #21

A Poem by mattavelli


Escape Escape

A Poem by Chris Shaw