The scarecrow

The scarecrow

A Story by Dusk Lavanna
"

something i wrote in the Halloween spirt

"

I step out of my nest, still awaking from my slumber, still really tired. I go to greet my friends on the scarecrow were I usually spend the day, behind it I see the farmer tending to the crops. As the day goes by I realize that the scarecrow seemed to move, but I ignore it. When noon rolls around me and my friends decide to go home to our nests and get some rest. We were all going to meet up at midnight at the scarecrow. So I go back to my nest and quickly go to sleep.

   When I woke it was dark and I realize it was time to go to the scarecrow. Flying fast to meet my friends at the usual place I realize it wasn't there. I assume it was just blown down by a gust of wind again, so I fly to the barn near by were I find them. “Must have been a gust of wind” I say. The look up and nod. Seconds later we hear a scream in the night, we all fall dead silent. We wait for what seems to be hours until we decide to go out to see what might have happened.

  When we fly out of the barn we see that everything seemed normal. We also see the scarecrow back on its post so we all agree to go sit on it and wait for the sun to rise. When I land the scarecrow felt different, like it was covered in something and the close were different. I ignore it though. The sun was coming up and we all watch it rise. When we could see each others faces, we look down at the scarecrow. To my horror I see that it is not our scarecrow, it is the farmer. He was brutally staked to the post that the scarecrow one stood on. When I saw this I flew away. Never to come back again…   

© 2013 Dusk Lavanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on October 22, 2013
Last Updated on October 22, 2013

Author

Dusk Lavanna
Dusk Lavanna

tomball, TX



About
My name is Dusk and i'm a young writer, just starting. I would like to become something from writing one day. i take requests, but if i turn you down i'm sorry, it just means i have no idea how to wri.. more..

Writing