Wit & Wisdom - April 14th 2014

Wit & Wisdom - April 14th 2014

A Chapter by dw817
"

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

"

  W&W April 14th 2014   

  

Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country after going
HERE

[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT SET ]


01. We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. 


02. Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven.


03. Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.


04. And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.


05. Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong.


06. We don't live in the world of reality, we live in the world of how we perceive reality.


07. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.


08. The world needs more Heroes.


09. It often takes more courage to change ones opinion than to keep it.


10. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.


11. Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.


12. Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.


13. Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.


14. After a time, you may find that "having" is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as "wanting." It is not logical, but it is often true. ― Spock, "Amok Time," stardate 3372.7.


15. There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war. Except its ending. ― Abraham Lincoln, "The Savage Curtain," stardate 5906.5.


16. A cynic is a person searching for an honest man, with a stolen lantern.


17. If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver.

18. A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.


19. An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.


20. Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on. ― Winston Churchill


21. Enjoy every minute of life. There's plenty of time to be dead.


22. If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. ― Einstein


23. Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.


24. Life is too important to take seriously.


25. Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished. ― Goethe




26. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.


27. They sicken of the calm who know the storm.


28. He is truly wise who gains wisdom from another's mishap.


29. Only the good die young. That is why immortality is reserved for the greatest of evils.


30. One kind word can warm three winter months.


31. "Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow." ― William Shakespeare, "Romeo & Juliet."


32. True legends never die.


33. A Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell. ― Joan Crawford


34. Where there is love, there is pain. ― Spanish Proverb


35. It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. ― Alfred Lord Tennyson


36. Anyone can hate. It costs to love.


37. True is the grief you carry without witnesses.


38. Her kisses left something to be desired -- the rest of her.


39. When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. ― Abraham Maslow (Maslow's Law)


40. You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long.


41. It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.


42. For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.


43. There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result. ― Winston Churchill


44. Bachelors know more about women than married men. If they didn't, they would be married too.


45. Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules.
Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.


46. Heroism consists in hanging on one minute longer. ― Norwegian Proverb


47. A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic.


48. The trouble with going with the flow is, you might wind up getting sucked down the drain.


49. Take away love, and our earth is a tomb. ― Robert Browning


50. Man is the measure of all things. ― Protagoras





Which of these can you relate to ?

See you next time with 50 more ...

Return back HOME


  You are Earth Visitor #   




© 2014 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

44. Bachelors know more about women than married men. If they didn't, they would be married too.

Posted 10 Years Ago


dw817

10 Years Ago

I've never been married myself, Avinash, but it does sound like sage advice. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5


Wit & Wisdom


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing