FIX GOOGLE'S LOGO

FIX GOOGLE'S LOGO

A Story by dw817
"

Yep. If you hate Google's new kiddy logo as of September 1st, 2015, you'll be glad to know I dilligently sought a way to find and get it back - or really to any image you want. (enclosed)

"



Hello there !

As you may or may not be aware, it certainly does seem like some rabid monkey escaped from his cage and breaking into Google's main base, deleted the beautiful original Google logo and replaced it with his own finger-painted version.

And what's WORSE, Google is actually proud of this horrendous work !

To compare, here are Google's logos over time.


and here is what it is today, which IMHO is garbage:



Why do I feel this way ? Think of it this way. Here is the logo for Coca Cola.



Nice, isn't it ? Okay, here's what would've happened if Google got a hold of it.



Big difference. And no, I'm not the only one who thinks Google's new logo is bad.

But what can you do about it !?

Well, you'll be glad to know I diligently sought a way to find and get it back - or really you can change it to any image you want by editing this script.

This is the image I chose to replace theirs with:




The first thing you will need to do install a Firefox plugin called, "Grease Monkey."


This is an add-on that allows you to control Firefox webpages at a very direct and personal level.



// ==UserScript==
// @name        DoodleGone (modified by dw817, original code by bluequoll)
// @namespace   http://localhost
// @description Replace the Google logo with a hosted image
// @version     1.1
// @include     http://*.google.*/*
// @include     https://*.google.*/*
// @resource    logo http://www.writerscafe.org/uploads/rte/907a24ad1209cb98b205a36a72be79b5.png
// @grant       GM_getResourceURL
// ==/UserScript==
//
var oldLogo = document.getElementById('hplogo');
var newLogo = document.createElement('img');
newLogo.id = "User-Logo";
newLogo.border = 'no'
newLogo.src = GM_getResourceURL ("logo");
oldLogo.parentNode.replaceChild(newLogo, oldLogo);


The next thing is to COPY the text in the frame above. You can do so by holdiing down the left button just from the left of the frame above and drag all the way to the bottom; make sure you get all the characters there.

Then press CTRL-C to copy it to the clipboard.

Now, with GreaseMonkey installed, click on the downward facing triangle just the the right of the icon you see in the top-right-hand corner of your browser.

Then click NEW USER SCRIPT. Name it, "Fix Google Logo" and press ENTER.

Press CTRL-A and the DEL key to erase all the default script. Then press CTRL-V to paste what you've stored above in the clipboard.

Hit CTRL-S to save your work, then CTRL-W to close the editing page, and you're done ! The next time you bring up GOOGLE it will be with their previous more respected logo.

You can quit here - or if you are intent on adding your own custom logo or a different Google logo besides the one I chose, read on.

For advanced imagery, use any paint program and build or import your own image with a pixel size of 269 across and 92 pixels down.

Add WHITESPACE above that so the final height is 206 pixels (the position Google puts theirs).

Change and edit the script so for the LOGO so it reads the URL address of the image that you want to replace the default Google logo with. Save it back. Reload Google to see the results.

Done !

On reflection, it is certainly my hope that Google will allow logged in users their choice of logo for usage of Google pages as their new one certainly didn't impress me and many other people.

Here is a link to view many different ways Google could've changed their logo - and perhaps some of these you might like ?

[LINK]

Any questions, comments, complaints, or kerosene, lemme know !




© 2015 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have to be honest I did not noticed the change. The good there will be changes in the future:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

7 Years Ago

Well, it's like a lot of things, Pryde. Some people just don't like the new logos chosen for a compa.. read more
Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

I actually just used that font and the google is simpler:)
dw817

7 Years Ago

Take a look at Caecilia font for a very legible typeface. Good for books. In any case, take care. :).. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing