FB3-16 "Imploding Anti-Matter"

FB3-16 "Imploding Anti-Matter"

A Chapter by dw817
"

"If you happen to come across Darceon or his consort, Tyr, you are to terminate either of them with extreme prejudice. Darceon is the author of the plugin and he is telepathically linked to her.

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© May 2017 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 16 - "Imploding Anti-Matter"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *

This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Back to the future, Murphy was preparing the Statix suits. They were - strange - to say the least, and ultimately forbidden for use because of their design.

They each housed a small prototype cold fission furnace which directed a protective field around its wearer. While this was good, if something did manage to penetrate traveling at a rapid speed, like a bullet, the suit was known to explode taking out a radius of a city block in the blast.

They were perfect and flawless for hand-to-hand combat including knives and daggers but no match against lasers, pistols, or any other type of fast moving projectile. Thus they were discontinued in their production for lack of widespread applications.

However, for use in the GATE, they just might be the edge and decision between finding the plugin and destroying it or losing the future due to Earth's inevitable destruction from it's user.

Learby oversaw the project and checked each suit for stability and safety. Three top-mark soldiers were chosen and equipped with a quantum-plasma laser rifle, a sidearm, and a backpack of supplies.

He briefed them, "You know the dangers. These suits protect you against all attacks except projectiles. It is our belief you will be fully protected once in the GATE with these suits as it is unlikely you will find any intelligence there capable of shooting or projectile weapons."

"If you are hit, however - " and his voice faded out. Two of the soldiers nodded, understanding the consequences.

Learby continued, "We will monitor your life-signs on the transponders we injected in your neck. Past excursions through the gate has brought back information that it is much like moving through gelatin. Slow."

"There are - things - in the Gate we have yet to identify. You are to treat anything you come across as dangerous and hostile despite how it appears."

"As you know the Gate uses a principle similar to opening a small black hole and as such, the laws of physics and science no longer apply. We believe the brain may also hallucinate into seeing things that aren't there. Stay focused and stay on course."

"Your target, from what we can tell from Cheani's last transmission before we lost her, is a boy about 17-years of age somewhere in a town called Wannabee. His name is Dev Borne. Our historical research indicates that he is the link to the plugin. You should have his location on your computer map hand units."

"You are not, I repeat, NOT to kill him, or ultimately anyone else in the past timeline on Earth as it could cause unforeseen ripples in our future. The return of the plugin device, however, is your priority and mission objective. Once found you must guard it with your life on a return trip back here so we can safely dismantle it."


"Attempting to open it before you get back likely will cause a massive explosion on a planetary scale and your future, as you know it, will cease to exist. WE will cease to exist. Handle with utmost care once retrieved."

"Now if you do happen to come across Darceon or his consort, Tyr, you are to terminate either of them with extreme prejudice. This can only benefit us as Darceon is the author of the device and he is genetically and telepathically linked to Tyr. Kill one and the other will also suffer."


* * *


"You have your mission. Godspeed and good luck !"


With that Murphy and his team of scientists powered up the stabilizer for the GATE, the familiar 6 concentric rings started spinning around each other rapidly and it's platform shook violently like before as it reached a high-powered volume and whine.

Two scientists on either side of the gate were entering in their calculations. The entry lights marked GREEN on either side lit. The GATE was ready for them.

It beckoned to them. A swirling blue mass of gelatin appeared in it's center. Whisps of blue and violet glowing tendrils reached out like fingers touching, no, TASTING, the air in the laboratory. The soldiers took a step back in fear. Few sane men wouldn't be afraid of the portending and horrifying sight.

Murphy yelled to the frightened soldiers, "The Statix suits will protect you, but we can't hold the stabilizers for your entry long ! You need to go - NOW !"

With that they stepped tentatively inside the Gate shuddering as the gelatin enveloped them. After the last one had entered one of the rings on the stabilizer lights winked out from it's tremendous call for power and started to smoke.

"Shut down the connection !" he yelled above the whine.

The scientists on either side of the yanked out their power keys but for some reason the GATE continued to glow with energy.

"Get out of there !" Murphy yelled. As he spoke, a piece of the disc-shaped stabilizer broke free and still caught in its centrifugal force, smashed into a wall. The scientists panicked and ran back away from the Gate.

A new sound, an unearthly howl was heard. Sounding much worse than last time. The Gate continued to glow with blue gelatin in its center despite its power being removed.

Something - was going to exit the gate now.

Murphy had only seconds to act, "Reverse the stabilizers !"

"What ?" Learby yelled above the howling sound.

"Do it !" He yelled.

"It'll destroy the system !" The scientist near the controls for it said, familiar with what might happen were this action committed.

"Do it goddammit ! Somehow it's feeding off the centrifugal force of the dampeners !" Learby said and ducked to the floor with his hands over his head.

A strange and large ghostly gray and clawed hand, nearly 3 feet across suddenly reached through the GATE and flattened it's fingers on the floor. There was a sizzling sound above the howl as it was some kind of neomatter reacting with the normal space around it.

Neomatter was still wholly an unknown substance but scientists determined it reacted violently with regular matter around it, burning it like a volatile acid. Anyone in contact with it either died or was horribly disfigured and in agony.

With this sight, the scientist at the controls, terrified of what might come next, quickly fed in new values to reverse the stabilizers and hurled himself down on the floor.

A screech louder than the unearthly -thing- in the GATE was heard from the stabilizers as they attempted a full reverse. It was clear from the sound of them they were not intended to travel in the opposite direction at all.

The results were astounding. The Gate seemed to -invert- itself. Like turning convex into concave. The pretty blue glow was replaced by a frightening and ugly red one, and the neomatter hand was blown back into the gate with pieces of it shredding in the process, glowing with a weird green resonance against the steel floor.

Unfortunately, the Gate was now clearly turning into a very active black hole and rapidly starting sucking in papers off the desks into it as light bent around it's circumference toward the center of the void.

"Shutdown the stabilizers now !" Murphy yelled.

One scientist reached up for the controls to do this, but before he could, they suddenly sparked violently at his touch and the heavy metal rings of the device flung off in all directions.


One section collided into the wall embedding itself in there, another through a table, and yet another part straight into the side of the rounded gate, breaking off a piece of it's diameter.

There was a bright flash of pure white light as the unstable GATE dissipated. The laws of reality took over again abhorring such an unknown cancer, and in healing existence, removed it the only way it knew how - with implosion.


A few seconds later a cyclonic field sucked and tore at the Gate itself ! Its structure was shredded and uprooted from its fasteners and quickly vanished into the hurricane of darkness.

A bright flash of yellow lightning crackled from the center of the spinning cyclone into the ceiling burning a hole several feet across in both the floor and ceiling, and then it was silent in the room again as the papers fluttered quietly back down to the ground.

Murphy was the first to rise and look.

There were long moments of silence as everyone held their breath in anticipation, hoping the nightmare was finished.


"Oh my God." Learby, the Director, said from his position under the table. "Is it over ?"




END OF CHAPTER 16



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2018 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing