FB3-26 "Tyr Drops"

FB3-26 "Tyr Drops"

A Chapter by dw817
"

In only a few minutes Stefani had just snuffed the life out of a little 17-year old girl whom she met just a few days ago. My longtime friend. My girlfriend. And quite possibly my soul mate ...

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© October 2017 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 26 - "Tyr Drops"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *

This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Tyr twitched violently on the gurney and her head bobbed left and right.


On the screen it showed her wallowing in the bottom of the opening trying to climb out as more and more crap poured over her head from an unseen wide tubing, robbing her of breathable oxygen. All her life signs entered a panic of life-threatening asphyxiation.

"I'm all alone !" Tyr cried out struggling against the grip the terrible machine had on her.

Then she shrieked out suddenly and within moments her readings flatlined as the image on the screen showed more and more crap heap on her head until the screen turned to a solid sickly oozing brown and white 'burned' in the screen showing zero brain activity in her death.

A red flag popped up showing the 'patient' hooked to the Phobic Probe died along with an apologetic message, "Please refer to the user's manual for more information regarding this inexplicable error."

Nearly a full minute passed in silence. Umeko's face had clearly grown blank. No, numb was more like it. She had not yet really realized what had happened yet Stefani had a look of fierce triumph and victory.

"You ... killed her ?" Umeko asked, feeling shock finally overcome her.

Now it was Umeko's turn to be afraid. She knew Stefani was a bad egg in curlers at times and had heard incredible and terrible rumors about her, including rumors of burying bodies in the sewage treatment plant several floors beneath this one, but she didn't believe them ...


Until now ?

In only a few minutes she had just snuffed the life out of a little 17-year old girl whom she only met just a few days ago. My longtime friend. My girlfriend. And quite possibly my soul mate. Never again to feel the warmth of her holding my hand.

"It was an accident." Stefani said carelessly cocking her head at a curious angle to see if this was to be believed.

But even Umeko wasn't that stupid. She had watched Stefani who had carefully and painstakingly removed and unchecked every safeguard in the dangerous device's configuration.

She WANTED Tyr dead. And now she had her way. Tyr was gone forever ...

"Too bad." Stefani sniffed with some disdain, "She seemed like sucha nice girl." Stefani clicked her tongue disconsolately as if killing her were a disappointment.

"Now onto Dev !"

Umeko put out an icy cold weak restraining hand and her eyes fluttered wildly, still not entirely accepting what she just saw.

"Stef, you can't - you're not - going to kill him too, you - are you ?"

Stefani suddenly laughed, and it was odd, even after having done the terrible and cold-blooded murder she just did, and certainly not her first, she broke into peals of infectious and innocent child-like laughter.

"No ! Of course not, Umee ! Why would I do that ?" She turned to look at Tyr whose skin had turned a curious whiter color in absence of her breathing, full minutes now.

"Nonono ... I just had - to eliminate - some competition. That's all. You understand, don't you sweetie ?" Stefani said and a glint of red fire hinted and tinted in the back of her eyes.

Most people hired by Arkos had one despicable mental problem or another that made them a distinct credit to the company but at the moment it appeared Stefani held the record for the most dangerous psychoses of them all.

Sociopath. Pure textbook sociopath. And a murderous one at that.

"Sure." Umeko said numbly. But she would not let Stefani kill again.

"Right then !" Stefani said, apparently dismissing entirely what she earlier did and then went to wheel my gurney next to the murderous device.

"You'll be careful - this time ?" Umeko asked meekly.


* * *


Stefani opened her mouth almost in a victorious leer. It was if she WAS trying to shock her but at the same time she was surprised that Umeko would dare to speak against her.

"Well of course, Umee ! Why wouldn't I be ? Where is your head, girlfriend !" and Stefani laughed like a little child again before playfully punching her in her arm.

And then she rapidly shifted the half-sphere helmet from dead Tyr to my own living head and turned on the device.

"We're just - going to - find out - " Umeko was having trouble speaking and actually felt faint. She put people through a lot of discomfort with her damned enemas but she had never EVER killed anyone - not even in her darkest dreams.

And certainly not for pleasure as her best friend just did !

"Shutup Sugar-Pop, I can't hear the movie." Stefani said losing a little patience with her as she fiddled with the dials.

The colored clouds on the screen showed the connection to my head was strong and there was a scene of me eating pizza looking around the computer screen and Tyr was there sitting on my bed.

Soft conversation piped from the speakers.

Stefani looked at some numbers appearing on the screen and then turned the dial to look into the future. The scene faded and then suddenly I was looking face to face with Darceon.

Even Stefani could see he was not of Earth. Her finger reached forward to move the timer back a bit to a few seconds before he appeared from the Gate and then she stabbed the RECORD button to encode the event.

"What the hell is that !?" Umeko said, pulled from her shock of Stefani's earlier murder for the moment.

"Shhh ..." Stefani said and let the scene play out and be recorded.

On the screen you could hear the faint speaker tell of the event, "Darceon. That name is unimportant to you." his own voice was deep and sepulchral.

"Darceon." Stefani said fluttering her lips over the odd-sounding name. "Well you are most certainly important to ME, man from another world !"


Suddenly my vision was drawn to the computer screen where it showed:

IM> XFER> SYSOPX> LF02: LOC: 388993.213905.00345> CMD:TELEPATH PW:587349 Perma^0.0.0.

"Now that's interesting." Stefani said watching the whole thing. "Arkos is really gonna eat this up."

She let it run a moment longer. Finally satisfied she had recorded the whole event of my fateful meeting with Darceon. She disconnected the device.

Umeko let out a sigh of relief seeing she wasn't going to kill me, but then tried to suck her sigh back in afraid that Stefani would chastise her for her tension. But fortunately she didn't.

Umeko then faced a very serious reality she was trying to avoid all this time. there is a dead little girl in this room, murdered horribly by her best friend, to be precise.

"Stefani," she began. But couldn't continue further and could only point at Tyr dead on the gurney.

"Now now now !" Stefani chided her, "Don't you worry about a thing ! I'll give her a proper burial, perfect for her. Perfect !"

And then Stefani sang a few notes off-key, "After all, all good little girls go to heaven !"

And then she laughed and this time it wasn't so innocent or friendly. It was clear where she was going to bury the body. With all the rest of her past boyfriends. In the sewage treatment plant under the city.

Umeko bit her lip and coughed, "Well, ahhm, that was exciting. But - I need to go. It's - " and she looked at her bracelet which not only was a communicator to anyone in Arkos but also held the time.

"Gosh, it's already 10 at night !" she said. And then put a hand to her face to do a mock yawn. Stefani watched intently, her hawk-like eyes unblinking at Umeko's weak attempt at conversational pittance.

Finally Stefani spoke in an odd tone of voice that Umeko had never heard before. It was deeper and distinctly threatening.

"You'll keep what you saw here tonight to yourself, dear Umeko if you plan to retain all your pretty little fingers. It would be a shame if you woke up one morning to find them missing."

Umeko desperate to lighten the situation laughed, and it was hard to laugh, it sounded so artificial right now, and it hurt her chest. But fortunately Stefani interpreted that to mean she agreed and laughed with her.

"I gotta go !" Umeko squeaked out, feeling tension in the pit of her belly and nearly falling over herself grabbed her little bag of morphine and tubes and headed out the door without once looking back.

Stefani was going to say something to her on the way out but decided against it. She waited a good moment.

Then Stefani smoothed back her own hair from her ear, like she was maintaining an air of superiority.

She then clicked her own bracelet to open a communication with the operator and spoke into it normally and friendly, "Get me the Director, please."




END OF CHAPTER 26



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2018 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing