FB3-51 "The Perfection Engine"

FB3-51 "The Perfection Engine"

A Chapter by dw817
"

The "Perfection Engine" was suspended in the air, it was like a perfect cube, but the facets held nightmarish images on them. The "spindle" holding it was like rays of shadow tethering it in place.

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© May 2018 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 51 - "The Perfection Engine"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Tyr and her Mother were finally leaving to go home. She didn't have the time to try and recall me back from wherever he was with the help of Lilly. But Lilly promised she would make another attempt at it before the day was done.

As Lilly's Mother cleaned the dishes and did some light housework, Lilly went back down into the basement, the 666-minutes having elapsed, she should have a good chance to summon me from where I was.

She put together the protective salt ring again, just in case she summoned something besides Dev. With panties back on her head, she opened up her book and started chanting again.

The air in front of her sparkled with activity, and this time, something was going to come through.

. . .

Underground at Arkos, the new leader, a newly appointed woman named Myrtle had taken up the mantle of command.

She had noticed the absence of Stefani having tried to call her several times on her communication bracelet. She would've received SOME signal even if Stefani was blocking the communication.

But no, the message she got back was that Stefani's bracelet was no longer active, and that could only happen if it were destroyed. So - either Stefani was gone, her wrist was gone that held the device, or she somehow managed to bypass the security seals on it and removed it herself, highly unlikely. More likely one of the other two.

And she tried to maintain order in the complex, but it would not be found. It was bad enough that Arkos, the founder of the underground institute was gone, now it seemed, Stefani, the co-leader was also missing or dead. People were in an outrage and panic.

It was all she could do to broadcast a televised suppressing message to prevent a city-wide panic. And despite the current stability of the city, chaos started appearing in waves. At first it was people panicked, closing out their entire monetary accounts from banks. Then the vacating of their premises to the surface, and finally, sooner than expected, rioting, looting, and grand scale vandalism and gang wars.

Arkos was on fire, literally, from makeshift bombs and other items of destruction. It seemed indeed that Arkos and Stefani were keeping peace in the city somehow and - without them, the whole city began to crumble away to crime.

Daniel was among the people to vacate to the surface. He could sense trouble and after seeing the first few vehicles on fire from nothing more than rampant vandalism, he knew he had to get out of there. And - once on the surface, he could decide where to go from there.

Myrtle had also abandoned her post and ran to the surface. And then it was clear what happened. The "gangs" had taken over Arkos now. Only those brave or stupid enough would remain. It was no longer safe for anyone to go there, and a new "government" was appointed.

* * *

Lorraine and myself were making good progress to the "Perfection Engine."

But it was a wholly and terrifying thing to me. As I got closer, he could faintly make out a terrible screaming coming from it. I clapped my hands to my ears but it only helped a little bit.

"What's that horrible noise ?" I demanded.

Lorraine listened carefully, "I don't hear - wait - oh, that's right. You're still human, Dev. I really need you, but if you can't continue further, we'll have to figure something else out."

The "Perfection Engine" was a beautiful thing, suspended in the air, it was like a perfect cube, but the facets held horrible and nightmarish images on them. From the "spindle" holding it was like the rays of shadow tethering it in place, it was like as if "shadow" was something that could be projected. As if you could shine it was an inverted flashlight.

And it "glittered" majestically around the edges of the cube shooting little needle-size "shadows" in all directions. One came into contact with myself and I staggered, falling down.

It was as if there was something colder than ice, colder than dry ice, and it had stabbed me, draining me not just of life but my very spirit in its piercing.

I chattered my teeth in more than just fear. "No more !" I shrieked and started to back away.

"This isn't going to work without your help !" Lorraine beckoned to me, but I would now have nothing to do with this nightmarish contraption.

As she reached for me, suddenly I felt a warm mist envelope me. I could've resisted it, but I didn't. It was warm and wonderful compared to this horrible icy cold finger that touched me earlier. I moved back and directly into its fold.

Lorraine was furious though. "No ! I'm not done with him yet !" and ran forward, but I was gone, swept away in the delicious warmth of the clean and pure air.

And then suddenly I was back with Lilly.

She was in one of her trances, with her panties back over her head and two tufts of her hair sticking out of each leg hole. I smiled but was grateful. Clearly she had called me back - from hell if need be - and I was back in the real world on Earth.

"It worked !" she said and ran forward to give me a hug, which I did not resist.

"What about Lorraine ?" I asked with some concern. For it wasn't until I was gone from this mortal Earth where I would realize just how pure and clean and wonderful the air was here compared to where I was earlier.

"I'm not summoning her again. If she can make it back here on her own, that's fine. But I'll send her away if she does. I only tried to summon a demon earlier because I was so worried about you and wanted to see if that would help."

I shook my head, "Never do a summoning again, unless you're pulling someone back from here that got yanked into that dimension. I can't tell you just - just how good the air here smells compared to where I was."

She reached over to kiss me on the cheek, which I let her. My face pinked up in embarrassment but I was happy and grinning.

"So, where did you go ?" she asked me.

I told her I was a little dry, could she please get me something to drink from the refrigerator, and then I would tell her all about it.

She nodded, ran up the flight of steps to the kitchen and back down with a soda.

Taking big gulps I felt a whole lot better and told her what I saw.

"That's astounding !" she said, taking it all in.

I nodded. "I'm glad you got me. There was this horrible thing called a 'Perfection Engine' and it was like a really bad radiation hit me. It wasn't just dark, it was beyond dark, beyond black, it was like the absence and emptiness of absolute zero. As if zero could be something you could hold in your hand. It was awful."

"Well you're back now." She motioned for me to follow her upstairs, which I did. We then called up Tyr on the phone and she was so excited, wanting to see me again. I smiled which I'm certain she felt on the phone and told her, "That's fine. We'll go back to school tomorrow and I'll let you know what all has happened since."

For tomorrow was indeed Monday. Coraline, Lilly's Mother called my own Mom and she drove by to pick me up. After both of my parents patted and kissed me all over, there was a quick bowl of chicken soup, crackers, and then it was bedtime for me.

And knowing I was sleeping in my own bed, back with my loving family, I slept better than I had in a long time ...




END OF CHAPTER 51



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2018 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing