FB3-74 "Dance At The Brawl"

FB3-74 "Dance At The Brawl"

A Chapter by dw817
"

I didn't dare refuse. Ace got up, took my hand, and then we were on the dance floor. And I'll be honest, I had absolutely no idea how to dance. I mean, I looked at the other people cavorting around.

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© October 2018 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 74 - "Dance At The Brawl"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Danielle and Margot made fast time to Professor Seisbee's residence.

Once there they looked all around the home to see if there were any vehicles. There weren't any and it was all quiet.

"Good to go." Margot said and was the first to push against the front door which was already slightly ajar.

Once inside the pair clicked on their flashlights to look around. Danielle quickly found the batteries needed for her remote phone. Margot tried the phone in the residence and, not too surprising, it was disconnected.

Danielle lifted the protective antenna, much like Star Trek's communicator and thought about who to call.

"Who's it going to be, Danny ?" Margot asked, approaching.

Danielle shook her head and clicked the phone closed. "I don't know. I mean we can call the authorities - but what if they are in on it too ?"

Margot nodded, "Then what ?"

Danielle pocketed the phone and looked around. "I'll bet they just hit the circuit breaker." With that she left and using the flashlight went over to a part of the house where old papers and boxes were stored. Just behind was the fuse box.

Shining her light in, she read the information on the fuse box's cover and nodded, flipped one double-set of switches up. At once light appeared and soft music could be heard.

The pair turned off their flashlights. Danielle spoke, "Let's see if we can find the professor's notes now."

. . .

As Hum and Murphy were talking over who could be responsible for this, a muffled sound came from one of the storage lockers. Hum neatly glided over to where the sound was and wrapping one long finger around the door's frame neatly tore it off.

The man hiding inside the locker stared with wild eyes at the gargantuan beast that HUM was.

"I won't hurt you." Hum said offering a long-fingered hand.

The poor fellow looked at Hum like he was a sizeable alien, which he was, and refused to move. Then Murphy came forward offering his hand - which was accepted.

"What's your name, soldier ?"

"Calvin sir. 3rd class shipmate, sir."

"Can you tell me what happened here, Calvin ?" Murphy asked the sole survivor.

"A man. Somehow teleported inside the ship despite us being in lightspeed warp, sir."

"Describe him." Hum offered.

Calvin looked with fear to the tall man and looked to Murphy for consolation.

Murphy repeated Hum, "It's okay. Describe him, son."

Calvin looked ahead and recalled. "Tall man, sir. Almost as tall as you ... sir." and he directed that last bit to Hum.

Hum smiled, not entirely pleasant. Calvin whirled his vision back to Murphy.

"Go on." offered Murphy.

"Like I said, tall man. Terrible face, sir. Dressed in a very thick cloak, black. His fingers were strange."

"How were they strange ?" Hum asked.

Calvin bit his lip. Apparently this alien was with the inspection team so he spoke to him.

"Needles for fingers, sir. Actual hypoallergenic needles. Best way to describe it."

"Darceon ... !" Hum whispered breathlessly.

"Darceon !?" Murphy repeated. Then to Hum, "You know him ?"

Hum sat on the edge of one railing which bent slightly under his bulk."Know - of him. From your ancient mythology. He could be described best in one familiar word. Loki. The trickster."

Murphy sat beside him. "We've seen this Darceon you spoke of. And his consort, Tyr."

"Seen you and lived ?" Hum roared louder, then chuckled. "I doubt that."

Murphy pressed, "No, we did see him. And he had a consort too, a woman named Tyr."

"Consort is it ?" Hum asked, looking straight ahead into the air. "Consort. I see. He's been busy."

"So what is Darceon going to do with the element now that he has it ?" Murphy asked Hum.

Hum laughed slightly, "Burn it up in a fusion engine likely. He has no need for it."

"But he stole it." Murphy pressed.

Hum nodded, "Yes. He stole it. But he has no need for it. Apparently things are working in his favor - back in time where the plugin is - and he doesn't want anyone to interfere with that. He has proven his sincerity by killing the crew on this ship."

There was a sizeable silence as everyone sat to think about what to do next.

Hum stood suddenly. "You must build another dimensional gate, as you have in the past. I will help you. Darceon will be hard-pressed to interfere at risk to his very life from the chaos and power of the gate. It is the only way."

Murphy shook his head. "No ! That's what nearly ripped apart our planet earlier ! And more important, Darceon stepped from that very gate. Taunting us, I believe. I'm not sure what else he had in mind."

"Still your fears, human." Hum said, turning to face Murphy wholly. "We will make a new Gate together. A very special one. And I will see to it Darceon will have nothing to do with it."

* * *

Back at Club Scintillation, I had finished my business, washed my hands and was out the door. Suddenly someone grabbed me. It was Iris, one of Ace's crew.

"Here you are !" she said, yelling above the music.

"You go wandering off again and you'll really catch trouble then !"

As she held on and dragged me back, I was getting some funny looks from some of the guys dancing on the floor. Rather hungry looks or confusion, or perhaps both. I was glad I didn't enter this club by myself or I might be in MORE trouble than I was already in.

She stomped off, dragging my wrist behind her. Finally she whirled around and forced me to sit in a chair. Next to me was Ace. "Ready to dance, darling ?" he offered.

I didn't dare refuse. He got up, took my hand, and then we were on the dance floor. And I'll be honest, I had absolutely no idea how to dance. I mean, I looked at the other people and while it looked like none of them could dance either, they sure were wiggling all around.

I took the lead and started wiggling all around myself. All over, my shoulders, hips, legs, everything I had. Apparently my "dancing" was good because I could hear whistles of appreciation from all the guys on the dance floor.

My face pinked up once again in embarrassment. It wouldn't be so bad if I was a girl - or would it ? I wondered for the umpteenth time just what "Get it on." meant as Ace offered earlier.

I didn't have to wait too long to think when my careless dancing stepped on another girls toes.

"Clumsy w***e !" she yelled, careening slightly, clearly from drink, and leaned back to punch me. I ducked and instead she hit an unsuspecting Ace straight in the chin. She hit with such force he was actually blown back a bit from the strike.



END OF CHAPTER 74



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing