FB3-75 "Working The Strip"

FB3-75 "Working The Strip"

A Chapter by dw817
"

I shook my head, "Nevermind. But yes, please, I do need to use a phone." The driver leaned over and opened the passenger side door. From his waist down I saw he was dressed only in thin underwear.

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© October 2018 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 75 - "Working The Strip"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


With the electricity back on, the pair of young archeologists left the basement to re-enter Seisbee's office. If they thought there was a bunch of papers near the fusebox, well there were TONS of papers here.

And most of them were on the element Beryllium. Reputed properties when mixed with other chemicals, does it change its atomic composition if extreme G-Force is placed upon it ? Also its use as a neutron moderator in nuclear fission. The list went on and on.

Margot picked up one page that was not from a catalogue or printout, instead it was handwritten by Dr. Seisbee himself.

It was written in a kind of spidery text and was clearly encrypted so only he could read it. She shrugged and handed it to Danielle who looked briefly at it and mumbled, "I don't know what he wrote." and then tossed it back on the ground.

But only for a moment. Suddenly she snatched the paper back up. Below was a hand-drawn outline of familiar design. With trembling fingers she pulled out the Sky Stone from earlier and saw that it matched to the millimeter the very sketch Dr. Seisbee had drawn on the very page.

So he DID know what this was ! And likely there was more than one. She carefully opened up the Sky Stone she had and while leaving the little rock she put inside there earlier, she read and translated the lid inside. Sure enough the hieroglyphics represented a number. The number 3. So likely there were 2 other Sky Stones somewhere.

. . .

Back 1-million years in the future, the being known simply as Hum worked with the technical and electronic crew of Central to do - well- just as Hum said they needed to. To create another dimensional gate. Only this time they had the help and expertise of this alien to ensure it ran safer and with less danger.

After several hours of design, Hum had worked out on the computer just how it would be built. And, to Murphy's relief, it did not require any elements or materials they did not already have.

"Time is of the essence." Hum said simply and then peered at Murphy with those strange silver-yellow eyes.

"Err, yes, of course." Murphy said and bowed in respect. Then he transferred Hum's work to the creation crew. They had everything they need and construction should take less than a day.

"Any more lemonade ?" Hum asked one of the crew who walked by him.

Murphy frowned, "You've had 4-full glasses of tall lemonade already, isn't your stomach going to curdle if you drink more ?"

Hum smiled, showing alien blue-violet lips, "No, that won't happen. You see I derive substance from what your world calls Vitamin C. And no greater a supply can be found in a fresh cold glass of refreshing lemonade."

Murphy smirked slightly. No you could find greater supplies of vitamin C, for instance, in raw lemons or tablet supplements if need be.

Hum lowered his eyes slightly. "You people are aeons from discovering the energetic powers of vitamin C. Perhaps in time I will teach you the technology to extract massive amounts of energy from the chemical. But for now, that is all I require. Another glass, please."

Murphy took this all into account. Did Hum just show that he had a weakness ? Were he to be lacking in vitamin C, could he really carry out his earlier threat to destroy their world if they did not unequivocally agree with him and do precisely as he said ?

Murphy thought to common vitamin C tablets. Did Hum even know about these ? But he nodded to Hum's request and spoke on a microphone back to the kitchen. "Another glass of lemonade for our guest, please."

The voice on the line was just as confused as he was, "Are you sure, sir ? That would be the fifth - " but Murphy clicked off the speaker. He dipped his head to Hum, "Should be here on the double."

* * *

Back at Club Scintillation, Ace reeled back from the unexpected blow of the drunken woman on the dance floor. But he did not fall. Instead he leaned forward yelling, "Stupid b***h !" and professionally karate kicked her solid across the nose.

Unlike Ace, she fell like a sack of potatoes right on the dance floor, a little blood leaking from around her nose where clearly he must've broken it.

Her dance partner suddenly yelled, "What's your problem !?" and then a fight broke out. I quickly got off the dance floor as everyone there was now fighting each other. I went back to where the girls were sitting but no-one was there. I looked all around for anything of use and saw a small key just about wedged underneath the seats by the booth.

I quickly took it in hand. In seconds several bouncers ran through the entrance door towards the dance floor to try and break things up. I took the key and hurriedly exited the premises.

But then I realized maybe I could find my wallet or something if I looked a little harder, so I tried to go back in the club entrance but a different bouncer stopped me now.

"Sorry, miss." he said stiffly. "We're - ah - cleaning the floors right now. Come back in a few hours."

Inside I could hear yelling and screaming - and punching and kicking. Whatever happened, surely Ace was behind it all.

I took the key I had and went to Ace's open-top Hummer. I checked to see the key did not fit the ignition or trunk, but it did fit the glove-box. I opened and looked inside and there, right in plain view was my wallet.

I smiled in relief. I always kept a $20 hidden away in a secret pocket so I could use that to get a taxi home, as school had definitely already let out.

But digging around in my wallet I saw somebody was very thorough to take all my money from it - including my secret stash.

Frustrated, I put the wallet in my pocket and dug around a bit more in the glove-box to see what else there was. A few dirty pennies and two shiny quarters.

Looking outside the vehicle I had remembered seeing a payphone just on the corner. With the two quarters I could call my parents anyways. I know it would be a problem to try and explain just why I was dressed the way I was, but I didn't see anything else of it.

I stepped out of the Hummer and ran quickly to the payphone only to see someone else dart in before me. It was a woman, rather young, in a seductively short skirt and low-cut blouse.

"Just a second, honey." she told me, while popping gum in her mouth.

I sighed and leaned against the glass on the outside as she had apparently called her friend to tell her all the details about the massive fight breaking out in the club. Gossip.

As I was waiting for her to finish the call, I was hearing someone whistle. Not a wolf whistle, just - like someone was trying to call someone else.

I heard it again. A black vehicle and a portly man in his 40s drove up. "Hey you !" he said.

I looked at him and pointed to the girl on the phone.

"No, not her. You ! Come here, will ya ?"

I smiled. This might work out good. Maybe he could give me a ride home.

"So how are you ?" he asked with a broad smile.

"Oh, me ?" I started to say. "Well, I'm fine, and - thank you for asking, but I really need to use the phone - " and I pointed to the girl behind me on the line.

He grinned, "No problem, pumpkin, we can use one at my house."

I smiled, "Really ?"

He nodded, "Yeah. It's a great one too. Can even let you call anywhere around the world the way I've got it set up."

I bit my lip in technical interest and asked, "So is that using a port connector to the phone line to supplement a long-distant signal from the TY data-stream ?"

He looked at me with wide and confused eyes, "Uhh - what ?"

I shook my head, "Nevermind. But yes, please, I do need to use a phone."

He leaned over and opened the passenger side door.

From his waist down I saw he was dressed only in thin underwear - and it bulged.

I stared there - I think for a really long time. He broke the silence and spoke seductively, "Like what you see, babe ?"

He wiggled his legs for emphasis making everything flop and shift around there. My throat had gone completely dry and gut-wrenching fear pricked in the back of my brain.

He motioned with his hand, "Come on, doll, you can use my phone and then maybe you can show me how appreciative you are, right ?"

My eyes grew saucer wide and I backed away in fright.

He persisted, "Aww, come on sweetie." He reached into his shirt pocket and waved a bill at me. "Look, there's a hundred dollar bill in it for you too." He looked me up and down again turning his head in surprise, "Wow. You have got to be the cutest looking girl I have ever seen this way."

I bit my lip unable to say anything. He continued, friendly, "So is this your first time ? Don't worry, I won't bite."

I made a few more steps backwards. Then his voice got angry, "Come on ! Come back to the car ! Hey !" His voice got angry then, "Hey ! Don't make me come and get you, girl !"

For some reason, my legs gave out on me and I sat down on the concrete suddenly, staring at my feet. With that I heard the driver side door open - clearly he WAS going to come get me !

But fortunately right then I heard a police siren very close to where I was. Two things happened. The guy in the car got right back in and took off in a hurry and the girl on the phone to my right suddenly dropped the phone and ran away too.

I stayed where I was, unsure of what to do. The siren stopped, but then a police car slowly drove right up to me. The officer on the passenger's side of the window shone a bright flashlight in my face. I couldn't think of anything to say so I stayed quiet, still sitting on the concrete.

"Hello ?" he offered after a long silence.

I nodded respectfully and spoke quietly, "Hello, officer, sir." I suddenly realized my legs were apart again so I hurriedly closed them, embarrassed.

His partner behind the wheel leaned forward to look. Seeing my scared face in the flashlight he gave a smile. He then ribbed his partner and he too smiled widely.





END OF CHAPTER 75



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing