FB3-79 "Packing Diapers"

FB3-79 "Packing Diapers"

A Chapter by dw817
"

"Tyr, I need to bring my own toothbrush. You wouldn't want me to use yours, right ?" She shrugged,"Sure ! I ain't got no problem wif at ! Why it even sings the Polly Rocket theme song as you brush !"

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© December 2018 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 79 - "Packing Diapers"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


It was Friday evening. Tomorrow would be Saturday. It would be then that Dev's parents called up Annie, Tyr's Mother about staying the week to see how Dev does "on his own."

But Dev knew better. He knew once he was under Tyr's roof, she would do nothing but tease and harass him there.

But what other choices did he have ? Spend the rest of his life living with his own Mom or ... grow up a little and get a private place, a home, for his own.

With these thoughts spinning madly in his head, after a good dinner and bedtime, he finally went to sleep.

His dreams were fitful and disturbed. Visions of Stefani came to him, as an evil spirit now that she was gone and buried. Tyr was there too, laughing as he was somehow strapped into an oversized baby's highchair and given a big bib to wear.

From there he was fed Stefani's horrible "all-natural" babyfood - all the while Tyr in the background loomed and leered like it was the funniest thing she had ever seen.

"Augh !" Dev awoke with a fright. It was still only 3am, and apparently he didn't yell loud enough to wake his parents.

Well, that was good. They had all been through a lot and everyone needed their sleep, even him.

He got up, splashed a little cold water on his face and went back to bed with no further bad dreams.

In the morning, Mom had fixed my favorite breakfast. Cinnamon apple pancakes. I greedily dove into them when there was a knocking at the door. From the rapid footsteps entering the kitchen, I didn't even have to look, it was Tyr.

"So whatcha up to, Devvy Boy ? Dju save me any ?" referring of course to the pancakes I was eating.

Without a word, I got up, pulled out a new place and gave her half my stack with syrup.

"Attaboy." she said appreciatively and tore right into them. From the entry hallway I could hear my Mom and Tyr's Mom, Annie, talking and whispering quietly to themselves.

Dad was nowhere around so I guess Mom had let him sleep.

Then I heard a soft giggling from Annie. That's all it took. Tyr bounced up from her chair like there was a lit firecracker under her butt and ran up to her Mom, not wanting to be left out of the conversation.

"Whatchu talking 'bout, Mom. Huh ? I wants to know ! Tell me !!"

"In the kitchen, young lady !" Annie said loudly and pointed a finger. She was awake and aware this morning and wasn't going to put up with any of Tyr's shenanigans.

"Aww !" she said, crestfallen, but ran back to the kitchen to finish off her stack of pancakes.

Then finally both Mothers entered.

Mom pulled up a spare chair that was folded behind the freezer.

Then they began to speak. Annie went first:

"Dev. If I'm understanding this correctly you're 18 now. A big boy."

"Real big boy." Tyr grinned and tried to kick me in the nuts under the table but I had already clenched my legs together expecting this.

Annie continued, "Err ... right, big boy. Now she's saying your Father wants you to have a place to your own and Suzy herself wants you to just stay home and live here."

"Momma's boy." Tyr said taking a wild kick at me again under the table, bound and determined to hit something soft and painful, but I clenched my legs even tighter.

Tyr seeing she wasn't getting a reaction started singing, "Dear sweet Dev, living in a grotto, all growed up but still sucking on a bottle !"

"Cork it !" I finally, angrily, told her.

My own Mom looked at me with wide eyes but finally smiled. And, strangely, Tyr was quiet after that. Though her eyes narrowed angrily. Oh I could see she would make me pay for that. May not be now or later, but soon - and when I least expected it.

"Yes." Annie said. "So what she would like to do is have Dev stay with us, Tyr and myself, for a week to see how he fares. Which will be a determining factor for seeing if he's not ready for the outside world yet and can stay home with me."

"Or ... big boy that he is, can indeed find a place of his own."

Then Annie addressed Tyr. "And if you do anything ANYTHING at all untowards Dev as he visits, the visit will be cut short and he'll go back home !"

"Oh I promise I'll be perfect. I'll be better than perfect. I'll be SUBLIME !"

* * *

"R e a l l y ?" Annie said slowly while shaking her head. "I just don't know."

"I'll get together his stuff, howzat ?" and before anyone could protest Tyr bounced out of her seat again and ran upstairs to prepare my suitcases for the week long visit.

"I better stop her." I said, quietly, under my breath, and ran up the stairs to catch her.

Sure enough she had absolutely no idea what to pack and took all my stuffed animals, mashing them in one of my big suitcases and, clicking it closed said, "There ya go, baby boy. Now all your playmates can go wif us."

Then she yelled, "All done packing !"

I went to her and opened back up the suitcase. "Tyr." I started, trying to keep my tone even. "I'll need more than this. What about toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, and shampoo ?"

"You can use mine." she chirped agreeably.

"You want me to brush my teeth with your own toothbrush ?" I asked.

"Sure ! I ain't got no problem wif at ! Why it even sings the Polly Rocket theme song as you brush !"

I sighed, "I think it would be better if I packed my own luggage. Why don't you just go downstairs and finish breakfast ?"

She shook her head, her bright red pony-tails flipping around her head, "Nuttin' doin' Ise staying here wif you. Help you pack, hun."

"Then stand over THERE." I directed her. "I need a clear path so I can pack things."

"Yessir mister sir, SIR !" she said giving me a fake salute and nonetheless standing in a corner as I directed her.

Just then I heard Dad downstairs, "Dev ! Come here a second, will you ?"

I fixed my eyes on Tyr. "Don't you touch a thing ! Not a single thing !"

"Don't you trust me ?" Tyr asked trying hard to appear innocent, a feat I must assure you.

"No. No. I don't trust you at all, Tyr !"

Tyr's eyes shone angry heat now, "Well you can just kiss my a - "

"Dev ! Get down here !" My Dad bellowed now.

I left my room and started to go back down the stairs. "Yeah, Dad, I'm here."

And we got to talking about my stay at Tyr's.

Tyr, meanwhile, eaten up with mischievousness, took everything out of the suitcase and put back in all my stuffed toy animals. She looked hard in the drawers to see if she could find anything else. In one drawer were several unused packages of diapers and some blister-pack rubber pacifiers both items for when I was a real little boy.

Images of Captain Circumference and teddy bears were emblazoned on all of them.

She gasped in delight and hurriedly filled up my suitcase with them. Looking around further she found a few packages of band-aids and tossed those in as it was clear I would need them from the 'discipline' she planned for me later.

"All set here !" she yelled from upstairs.

I started to climb the steps to see what she did when I saw her sliding down, butt first on the handrail. The wood groaned feebly as it took her weight and as she slid down she made certain to raise up on one leg to smash her butt right into me causing me to topple painfully back down the stairs.

Stepping over me she ran into the kitchen and crowed, "I just packed all of Dev's stuff ! Can he come on over now ?"

With the full weight of Tyr having collided into me, or more specifically, my head, I still couldn't speak or stand up yet.

Annie asked, "Did you pack ONLY the essentials. Things you know he'll need ?"

"Yes ma'am ! He'll need everything I gots in here !"

Susanne went over to the suitcase and lifted it. It was pretty heavy actually with all of those unopened packages of diapers and stuffed animals.

"Feels heavy to me. Yeah, I think you're ready." Then she called louder, "Dev. Dev ! Where are you ?"

"I'm - in the hall." I told her. I still couldn't stand as my head was reeling from Tyr smacking me down earlier.

"Well come here, honey. We're all set to go."

My brain was not working correctly. For a moment I believed Mom had packed my suitcase so I stood up and staggered in the kitchen. "Yeah, okay, I'm ready."

Dad was there, "You okay, son ?"

I looked back at the stairs. All I could remember was seeing a large pillowy globe colliding into me. My mind was still in a bit of a whirl, "I think - I think I fell down the stairs."

"Butterfingers." Tyr said without a shred of remorse.

Dad then spoke seriously, "Your Mom and me need to leave for 7-days as well. One of your relatives is having a wake. It's a big long family affair, we'll have to take a flight because of the distance, but we'll be back after then - to see how you fared."

"Yeah, sure." I told her. She leaned in close to look at my eyes to see I was still dazed. This was too perfect. She packed my suitcase only with my stuffed animals, diapers, and pacifiers and while she may have expected to get caught earlier so I could pack a normal set of clothes and stuff, now it seemed she was going to get away with it !

"Let's go !" she crowed and grabbing my hand with one arm and the suitcase with the other, pulled me out the door. It was a 4-door vehicle. She roughly thrust me in the front passenger seat. "Here, you sit here !" Then she went to the back with my suitcase and waited for Annie to drive us away.

There was something pinging in the back of my head. Not just my headache but ... didn't it have to do with the suitcase ?

"You've got my suitcase ?" I asked a little blearily.

"Yep. All packed up ! Everything you need."

I dipped my head forward, "Oh, then ... thank you."

She grinned widely and leered, "You bet ! Maybe we can even get you to change clothes when you get there." Tyr would love nothing more than to try and fit one of those stupid diapers on me.

But I was still a little dazzled by her hitting me in the head earlier so I just mumbled, "Yeah, that's fine."

Less than a minute later, Annie returned. She pulled down some sunglasses from the visor on the driver's side of the car and looked at me.

"You alright, Dev ? You look a little dazed."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told her, still a little dizzy.

"Got everything you need for staying for a week ?"

Tyr spoke then, "It's all packed. Ready to go !"

Annie turned back to me, "Dev, you have everything you need ? Are you ready to go then ?"

I nodded weakly. I just needed to rest for a bit.

Annie shrugged, "Alright then ! Let's go !" and with that she put the vehicle in reverse kicking up a few pebbles from the cobblestone driveway and headed out towards the main road.

Me ? I was feeling a little like I had a concussion or something so I leaned back in the seat to relax.




END OF CHAPTER 79



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing