FB3-80 "The Sky Stones"

FB3-80 "The Sky Stones"

A Chapter by dw817
"

"3 Sky Stones ?" Margot asked. Dr. Seisbee nodded, "Indeed. "Whereas normal magnetism has North and South attract each other, this particular kind of alien magnet requires three in order to connect."

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© December 2018 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 80 - "The Sky Stones"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Despite the age of Dr. Seisbee, he turned out to be a competent driver and formidable foe for anyone to try and follow him. He knew precisely where the sand dunes were the tallest and had intimate knowledge of all the tosses and turns around the desert.

In a short amount of time he had managed to get away from all the police and authorities leaving them baffled and frustrated behind.

He turned off his headlights and engine and coasted neatly up to behind a cave opening. There on the ground was a a camouflage type of netting that looked just like the desert. He quickly threw the covering over the jeep and in seconds it disappeared against the dune horizon and setting sun.

"Incredible !" Danielle spoke, marveling at how well hidden the jeep was now.

They walked around to the front. Dr. Seisbee explained, "This is one place I do my experiments and examinations of artifacts. No doubt those fake police and government officials are back at my house waiting for me to appear there, but I think we shook them."

They all approached the cave opening and a large metal door, hard to see in the dim light was present.

"Open Says Me !" he proclaimed to a little microphone penned nearby.

At once the cave started to rumble and open.

Margot asked, "Wait. Can't anyone just say those words and enter ?"

Dr. Seisbee shook his head, "Not at all. It must be my voice, and even then, it must be at the exact inflection I gave it. It's very precise. Even a recorded message of me saying it will not be enough to enter. =I= must be the one to speak it in person.

The two young archeologists entered Dr. Seisbee's secret laboratory and were both surprised and amazed to see such perfect specimens of artifacts, sections of burial chamber walls and hieroglyphics, and ancient pottery.

No sooner were all three in, the metal door closed promptly behind them.

"Now then." Began Dr. Seisbee. "Let me see that artifact you have."

"The Sky Stone ?" Danielle asked.

He nodded. She fished it from out of her blouse to hand him.

He examined it closely under a fine and large magnifying glass.

"As you may have suspected." he said. "It is magnetic. But not any type of magnetism we understand. Not of Earth - you do understand what I'm saying, girls, don't you ?"

Margot's eyes got wide in excitement. "You're saying it's from outer space ?"

He nodded, "Indeed I am. And - that is one reason those 'authorities,' if you can call them that, are after it. Although they only believe there was one. I know for a fact there are 3 altogether."

"Three ?" Margot repeated.

"Indeed." he said. He set down the one handed him from Danielle and pulled forth another from a locked box. Then he pulled out the one he had.

"Whereas normal magnetism has North and South attract each other, this particular kind of alien magnet requires three to connect. I simply called them Alpha, Omega, and Epsilon."

"Simply." Margot chortled. Danielle smiled.

Seisbee shrugged, "Well, simple enough for me. I suggest you all - stand - back ... !"

* * *

With that he gave one Sky Stone to Margot, he gave Danielle back her own, and he held the new one in his own hand.

"Now altogether we're going to fling these three stones together. If I'm right, even more will be revealed now than we've seen so far before. Unless I am mistaken they will magnetically connect to each other - and - we will be further on to learning what the purpose of them is."

"Ready ? On the count of 3. 1 ... 2 ... 3 !" with that he threw his stone forward. Likewise did the two young archeologists. The three sections hit each other and made a hissing sound, much like the buzzing torpedo magnet toys. But they didn't just connect at once. A bright light shone at their intersections and a louder whine sounded as the magnets twirled furiously around each other.

"It's too loud !" Margot complained plugging her ears with her fingers. Danielle fully agreed cupping her own hands to the sides of her head.

"Give it a moment !" Dr. Seisbee yelled above the hissing noise.

Suddenly the light winked out and there was silence. But only for a moment. One very high-pitched "pop" came from the stones and all glass items within a 10-foot radius of the Sky Stones had shattered, including Dr. Seisbee's own pair of glasses he was wearing at the time.

He was hopping with excitement though. "This is to be expected ! Yes, wonderful ! Yes, I have a spare pair. Give me a moment."

He fumbled in a drawer and pulled out another set of glasses.

"Let's see what happened, shall we ?" he offered with a grin.

The three approached the Sky Stones to see that they were indeed connected together like a 3-pointed cross but there was a gap between them of a full inch. In truth, none of the Sky Stones were actually touching each other, but when Dr. Seisbee lifted one end of the 3-pointed cross, the other stones followed, maintaining the exact same distance and not really touching each other.

"Miraculous. Would you look at that ?" He dropped the Sky Stones on the table where it landed upright floating the two magnets perfectly above it.

"It's not yet activated though." he said, a little disappointed.

Margot disagreed, "Whaddya mean they aren't activated ? Lookit ! They're connected together, well, sort of. What more would you want ?"

Against better advice she took one end of the three Sky Stones and tried to push it against the other. But they would not. It was like the strongest iron ever.

"That won't work." Dr. Seisbee said. "Now, according to this ancient ledger on these stones. They can only be activated in zero G. It is our own Earth's gravity that is keeping them from touching each other, from activating normally as they would away from Earth.

"How are you going to get zero G ?" Danielle asked.

He scratched his chin in thought, "There are 2 ways I can think of. One is to get these connectors into outer space, away from Earth."

"That would be awful expensive, wouldn't it ?" Margot asked.

He nodded again. "Yes, it would be. But the easier way would be to take a flight up in the air then enter a controlled and rapid descent, so rapid that zero G is achieved in the plane. Then the stones can be put together from there as well."

"That's still expensive, isn't it ?" Danielle asked.

He sighed, "Yes, it would. But it will be done - MUST be done for the sake of science and - of course - archeology. Who knows what these alien stones will reveal once they are activated ? And the only way to do that is to push them together while in a zero G environment."

Margot got really excited and blurted out, "We're going ! Aren't we going, Danny ! Hey, we're going, right ?"

Seisbee smiled, "Yes, of course you're going, both of you. If I alone went, we would only have one chance to bring the stones together before the plane would need to pull up and level gravity. With you two along, we have that much better of a chance of activating them - AND recording what happens when they do."

"When do we leave ?" Danielle asked in all seriousness.

He looked around for a moment. "We won't be found here. Let's give it a rest until tomorrow. I'll schedule a flight and we can do all this by next afternoon. Who knows ! Maybe this is an alien communication device and it'll send out a signal for friendly aliens to share their technology with us."

Margot giggled, "If I were those aliens I would just-a keep on going and not look back cause there's no intelligent life here on Earth !"

Seisbee laughed. "I think we're going to be alright. Okay, there are actually three bedrooms here. Danielle, yours is on the left, Margot, yours is in the middle, Mine is on the right. There's plenty of food in the kitchen alongside a stove and microwave. Have a good evening meal - and we'll all reconvene early tomorrow morning ..."



END OF CHAPTER 80



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2018 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing