FB3-90 "Rematch"

FB3-90 "Rematch"

A Chapter by dw817
"

"The rules are simple gentleman. You must swim from this side to the next. You must use BOTH hands to touch the other side before swimming back. If either of you does not grip the other side ..."

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© February 2019 - Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 90 - "Rematch"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Danielle, Margot, the pilot, and Dr. Seisbee all crowded around Tyr as she stirred again.

"Where - where am I ?" she asked in a small, quiet, and scared voice.

"You're in the desert." Danielle replied to her. Then added, "But I don't think that's where you came from. Can you tell us where you came from, miss ?"

"Tyr." Tyr said.

"Tyr." Danielle repeated. "Can you tell us where you were before you came here, Tyr ?"

"Wannabee, Texas, USA." she said simply.

"Texas !" Margot breathed excitedly. Then she added on her own, "How did you get here ?"

"Magic." Tyr said simply.

Dr. Seisbee pulled the group away to discuss in quiet conference.

"She's mad. Clearly desert fever." he said in professional concern.

Danielle shook her head, "No, I don't think so. We all saw that loop of light around her wrist. We have no explanation for this. I think for now - we - we should accept her definition of 'magic' and let her tell us her tale."

Seisbee huffed angrily but nodded.

The group came to hover over Tyr who had now gotten up to be sitting down normally on the ground.

"Magic ?" Danielle repeated in a query.

Tyr nodded, "Yes, magic. Just like I can do this - " and she pointed to one of the stones and in plain sight of everyone, the stone stirred slightly, rose in the air slightly, but then thumped the ground, whatever power of telekinesis she had was not functioning correctly now.

Dr. Seisbee saw the stone rise as well as everyone else. "Magic !" he said breathlessly. Then pointing to Tyr, "Can you - can you do that again ?"

Tyr concentrated for a second but nothing further moved. "No, I'm tired, maybe tomorrow. But right now I want to go back to where I came from. Back to Wannabee, Texas. I don't belong here."

Margot spoke now, "No, miss, you certainly don't belong here at all. You are not at all dressed for this climate." She started to say something more when her voice was interrupted by a jeep's horn from outside.

The pilot from the downed plane, watching all of this stepped outside the cave and yelled to the others, "Our ride is here !"

Danielle helped Tyr up and limped her to the jeep. It was obvious now she may have broken her leg or sprained it in the journey from Wannabee to here.

Tyr rode in the back and Margot reached in her pocket for a 100% cotton scarf. She then bundled up Tyr's leg as well as she could.

"Where to ?" the driver asked.

Dr. Seisbee spoke, and gave directions to return back to his own abode. The driver took off and met no other traffic or people - which was odd as usually there were people all around, with their heads in their cellphones. But not now. Something - something had definitely happened.

. . .

Back in the bathroom I had put the razor back in my Dad's shaver and met Dad, assuring him that no, I had not been cut by the thief, and that I was fine.

It was getting late at night then. Mom made Dad and me a simple ham sandwich for dinner with fresh cut tomatoes. While school was definitely not in session, I wanted to get to bed early to experiment more tomorrow - to see just how impervious to injury I was.

I had only closed my eyes for an hour when there was a pebble pop on my window. I went to look to see that it was Melody. The girl I met earlier whose gang was keeping a rest home awake because of their illicit activities in their private pool.

I opened my window and she beamed a broad smile to me.

"What do you want ?" I hissed at her.

"Mettle wants a rematch." she said simply.

"Swimming ?" I asked her.

She nodded. Then added, "There's $200 in it. $100 for you, $100 for me. Interested ?"

Now my current allowance was $8 a week so $100 would definitely put me over my finances so I could buy some new and good computer software for my computer. The offer was tempting indeed.

"How do I get down ?" I asked her.

Without a word one of the teenagers standing next to her carefully leaned a tall ladder up to my window.

I started to step out, dressed only in my underwear. That got a laugh from Melody. She hissed back, "No, get back in and change." She then tossed with expert aim a wadded up swimsuit for me through the window.

I stripped off my underwear and looked to see what she had. It was the same frilly swimsuit she had for me earlier. A little too feminine for my taste but hey, money was money !

After dressing, I climbed down the ladder to where Melody was waiting. The guys retracted the ladder and without a word, Melody planted a big wet warm kiss right on my lips, then bid me sit in the back seat with two other guys, also in swimsuits.

"Where are we going ?" I asked. But then Melody was quiet. We drove on the road for about 7-8 minutes before we came to someone's house and a massive party was taking place.

"What's the celebration ?" I asked Melody.

* * *

"Freedom. No school until further notice." she said simply.

I shook my head, "But school is a good thing !"

She looked back at me and smiled. Then getting very close to me where I could feel her body warmth against mine she whispered hot and seductive in my ear, "There are things better than school. I can show you if you'll let me ..."

But then she was pulled out of the jeep by this huge guy. She hooted in surprise and laughter, her bare legs and feet kicking up playfully. Nobody was paying attention to me now so I went inside the front door of the house which was already wide open.

Seeing me dressed as I was raised two kinds of interest. Those people cheering me on for the rematch and those who laughed thinking I was dressed a little too frilly for my swimsuit.

The music's bass was pounding and at once I felt like a headache was coming on. I concentrated for a second though and my headache vanished. I wondered if that had anything to do with me being impervious to injury as I discovered earlier.

Then Melody was back in front of me, her top was off but she was still wearing the lower part of her swimsuit. I could only gape at her naked chest in both confusion and fear. She laughed and grabbing my head shoved me up against her chest where it was deliciously warm and inviting.

Then she pulled me away and I heard a voice on the speaker, "We're about ready for the swim rematch, Melody versus Mettle, round two !"

With that the music went to half volume level and we all piled out the back door to see what could only be described as a stadium swimming pool. Clearly someone was loaded down with money to have such a massive private pool.

A handsome black fellow almost a bit too old to be a teenager came forward. He was wearing this crazy yellow hat and white-yellow outfit that had several holes artistically punched into it. In his hands was a roll of dollar bills.

He spoke on a microphone, "This is the Big Cheese speaking, and tonight I'm gonna be the judge of this race. Can you guys hear me alright ?"

There was a roar of applause, apparently they could. He continued.

"Alright, we're going to have another swimming competition. This time, stadium length, with no rope to get in the way. It will be our reigning champion, Dev of Melody versus Mettle's own and all-new swimming champ, Iron Pike !"

I thought this race was going to be just as easy to win as the other, but only for a moment. A shadow covered me when I saw this huge bodybuilder of a man in a tight Speedo swimsuit step forward and take in the applause.

He saw me and spoke in a burly and deep tone. "I gotta beat you, pansy ? Hell, just give me the money now and maybe you won't get hurt !" And he chortled long and loud. Most of the audience cheered and applauded his bravado.

Cheese intervened, "Now now. None of that. Swimmers ! Take your places !"

With that Melody took my hand and carefully led me to the pool and where I should be to start. She then whispered in my ear, "Make good on this and there'll be more than just money you win." She then tugged at my ear playfully with her teeth sending a shiver down my spine.

Then Iron Pike came in the pool to sit next to me. He had his own words of "encouragement" for me. "If you somehow win this race, shrimp, I'm gonna kick your a*s so hard you'll pee out your nose !"

I shuddered with that dreadful thought, but then went back to the fact that I proved I was impervious, and likely to being punched too. It just felt like I was. I allowed myself a moment of smugness and retorted, "You wish."

He didn't reply to that. Then Cheese stood on the side and spoke, "The rules are simple gentleman. You must swim from this side to the next. You must use BOTH hands to touch the other side before swimming back. If either of you does not grip the other side with both hands, you will be disqualified. Any questions ? No. Good. Let's do the countdown !"

With that both the audience and himself yelled out:

"5 !"
"4 !"
"3 !"
"2 !"
"1 !"
"GO !"

I watched as Iron Pike whipped into action and his especially strong legs kicked the water so hard he upended at least a gallon of water to those guests who stood too close to the pool. As for me, I imagined a Barrier behind me, scooting me as fast as I could across the pool.

While Iron Pike was incredibly crossing the pool in record time, I like before, rooster tailed the water to glide past him, all the while he growling and yelling at me. I got to the end where two other people were chosen as judges.

I immediately gripped the edges of the pool there and even yelled out, "I am holding this edge with both hands !"

I was so far ahead that I hesitated for a moment to swim back before the judge on my side yelled back, "Agreed !"

And then I reversed the Barrier to push me from behind the opposite way, to sail back to the starting line as Iron Pike was just now reaching the other side.

A massive crest of water followed me back to where I started and the water roared over a handful of guests who were closest to the pool.

Cheese watched me to see that Iron Pike was only a quarter of the way heading back whereas I was already at a complete stop. Cheese then spoke, "We have a winner ! Once again the undefeated champion, Melody's little swimming demon, Dev !"

Melody wasted no time in putting out her hand to Cheese where he carefully counted out ten $20 bills.

And Iron Pike ? He had made it back and it certainly did seem like he was going to make good on his threat to me.

He pulled me out of the pool with one muscular hand and leaning back the other smashed his fist right into my face. At first I thought he had broken my nose, but no, I was fine. I didn't feel a thing. But him ? He clutched his hand in agony, clearly he had broken a finger or two by attempting to punch me the way he did.

He fell down screaming. Everyone got quiet and concerned that I had done something underhanded. That was until Melody spoke, "Big galoot broke his fist on Dev's face ! What a retard, right gang !?"

At which point everyone hooted with derision and laughter. But Iron Pike fixed me with one solid and angry eye. It was clear I had earned a very definite enemy here, not to count all the bullies back in school.

But he was more concerned with his wrist and cradling it with his other hand, ran back into the house, the kitchen, to put some ice on it.

"I got to get home." I told Melody as she leaned close to kiss me again.

She fixed her beautiful aqua eyes on mine, hungrily.

Then she spoke in that familiar seductive tone, "Really ? You don't have time for - well - ANYTHING else ?" Her tone was more playful than serious inquiry.

I nodded. She nodded her head too, a little sadly. "Okay, well, here is your cut of the winnings. I suppose we should take you back now."

She then placed a wad of dollar bills in my hand which I quickly counted to be $100 from five $20s.

Waving farewell to all my well-wishers, I got back in the jeep and, Melody, true to her word brought me back home. Climbing the ladder and checking the close I saw I had only been gone for 3-hours and it was now 5am.

I crashed in bed and my folks didn't even bother to wake me till after 10am that same day.



END OF CHAPTER 90



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing