FB3-92 "Incident At The Hospital"

FB3-92 "Incident At The Hospital"

A Chapter by dw817
"

Outside there was a collection of doctors and nurses where earlier there were none. "Miss Borne ! Susanne Borne !" one of the doctors called to us approaching, as two nurses tried to get behind us.

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© March 2019 - Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 92 - "Incident At The Hospital"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


My Mom and me had almost just arrived at the hospital.

We went in, signed the sheet stating we were visitors and told where Tyr's Mom, Annie, was staying.

We found the room and saw that she had it all to herself.

I looked at the chart and saw they had given her a pretty strong tranquilizer. Apparently she had given them some trouble to get here.

Despite this, she was still muttering, half-asleep, half-awake.

Me ? I never did like hospitals, they always smelled of urine and ... death. I wondered if more people died in a hospital than any other place. I certainly didn't want to become a statistic in one.

Seeing Annie though gave me a feeling of hope. Tyr was not gone. Not really. Oh she may have gone on a grand adventure apparently somewhere in a desert, but I had no doubt she would return or be returned by some kindly strangers.

Mom went up to Annie and held her hand.

"Who's there !?" Annie demanded, her eyes shut tight, as if the dim light in there was blinding to her.

Mom patted Annie's hand comfortingly, "It's just me, Susanne. Remember ? Dev's Mother."

"Is Dev with you ?" she asked in a strange tone.

I didn't like the way she said that. What hope I had earlier was now floundering and I was ready now just to wait outside the door. But Mom grabbed me to pull me forward.

"Yes, dear. My Dev, my sweetie is right here."

"I have something to tell him." Annie whispered in an eerie and harsh voice.

I REALLY didn't like where this was going. I squirmed to get out of my Mom's grip but she held me fast. I could see that I was supposed to lean over and listen to her.

Despite all the warning signals my brain was sending and against better judgment I leaned over to listen.

She spoke in a terrible rasp, "You, boy. You're nothing more than a witch ! And you're going to pay for taking my daughter away from me !"

With that she bit my ear as hard as she could, hard enough to draw blood from it !

I pulled back, or tried to as Mom quickly reached for a buzzer to call the nurse !

There was blood all over Annie''s mouth now and she coughed hoarsely finally letting go of my ear. Strangely I felt no pain, but earlier I could feel the pressure of her sinking her teeth into my soft ears and tearing the flesh there.

A nurse arrived shortly after and asked what happened. Mom explained that Annie had to have been feverish with the drugs they gave her and took a bite out of my ear.

The nurse professionally looked at my ear which was torn in half and gushing blood.

"Oh my god ! I am so sorry !" she started. "Here, let me get the doctor. You ! Lie down in that other bed, over there. You !" She pointed to my Mom. "There's some ice in that little refrigerator over there. Put some ice on that till I get the doctor here !"

With that she fair ran out the door. Annie chuckled evilly, blood bubbling at her lips. Man ! I wanted out of this hospital !

In less time than I thought it would be, the doctor had arrived.

The nurse hurriedly stated that Annie had bitten my ear in half.

"Oh ? Let's take a look at it." he said and then went to examine me.

"Turn your head to the right please." he asked kindly.

I did. The pillow was already getting soaked with blood. Strangely though I still felt no pain or discomfort.

"Too much blood to see." he said. "Here, give me that washcloth, nurse. Yes. Thank you. Dip that in alcohol." Then back to me, "Okay, son. This is going to really hurt, and I'm sorry for that ..."

Then he took the wet washcloth and dabbed it all over my ear, cleaning away the blood. All I could feel was the coolness of the alcohol - nothing more.

"My, you're a trooper !" the doctor commented, impressed I didn't flinch or twitch having alcohol dabbed right onto an open wound. But was it there ?

The doctor finally having cleaned my ear looked it all over.

"Where's the wound ... ?" he muttered to himself.

* * *
"Where's the goddam - " and then he stood up for a second.

"Maybe - " then went to check Annie. Although there was blood all over her mouth, he couldn't find any wounds there either.

"Nurse !" he finally yelled.

"Yessir ?" she asked, being right nearby.

The doctor was irritated now, "I thought you told me this woman bit the boy's ear in half ?"

She nodded, "Yessir ! She did. I am not mistaken !"

The doctor pulled back from both of us to scratch the back of his head.

"Then you show me where the wound is, please !"

She went back over to me and examined my ear, now all free of blood from a thorough cleaning of alcohol the doctor did earlier.

"It's right ... here ?" and she looked at my ear. There was no tear in it now.

"Sir, it's - " she began. Then grabbed my ear, a little roughly, and turned it all around in her grip.

She then pulled back, "Sir ! I swear, the boy's ear was torn, the lower lobe was dangling and blood was coming out !"

"But not now." the doctor concluded.

"Sir, I - " she began but he interrupted.

"His ear miraculously healed itself before I got here, is that what you're going to tell me !?"

"Nossir, but I - " but she was at a loss for words now.

Then we heard a breathy raspy voice from Annie. She said it so low that no-one could make out the words.

"What's that ?" the doctor asked.

Annie sucked in a deep breath and then screeched at the top of her lungs.

"WITCH !"

The doctor shook his head wearily, "Get her - take her off the painkillers. I think she's had enough. When you're done with that, strap her down and let's schedule for an MRI."

I raised up off the bed and spoke weakly, "Mom ?"

And then Mom nearly tackled me, holding me close to her and getting blood all over her nice camisole. She whispered warm and protectively to me, "You're not a witch. Don't you listen to that crazy woman ! I'm - certain there's a good reason you're not injured. And I'm glad for it."

"It doesn't hurt." I told her, plainly.

Mom only gripped me tighter, "And well that it doesn't."

Then Annie spoke, "Suzie, are you still there ?"

The doctor came up to her and put a vertical finger across his lips, then pointed to the exit door.

Without a word, Mom hoisted me up, and we both left outside the door where a woman was waiting with two body-length towels slightly moist from water and lots of hand sanitizer. "Here, you can clean up a bit." she offered.

As I cleaned the rest of my face and ear, I listened to hear what was going on inside the room but the doctor then noisily closed the door. Now it was only whispering. And quite a bit of it.

Full minutes passed. Then the door opened and the doctor who looked tired and cross earlier now was positively beaming with a grinning face. He held a test-tube in his hands, apparently a sample of the blood. The look in his eye frightened me. If I wasn't on my guard earlier, I certainly was now.

"It's all worked out." he said with a broad smile. "We'd - uh, like to keep the boy here for a few days though, to - uh - see if there's an infection or anything."

But Mom was ready to leave and so was I. "Nossir." she began, "We're leaving."

The doctor's smile quickly faded and was replaced by one of false concern, "Are you sure ? Your boy could be - well - there could be some - problem we just - want to run a few tests - "

Mom interrupted him, "No, I said we're going, and we are." Then to me, "Come on, Dev. Let's get out of here."

We left and as we did doctors and nurses looked to me, as if I were some kind of ghost. Was it possible that the doctor relayed some secret message to all the staff about me and my miraculous healing ear ? And the fact a woman was calling me a witch ?

My fears started to subside when we saw the elevator. Two nurses were already in the car. Politely nodding, we joined them.

As the elevator started up, I felt some movement from one of the nurses near my butt. Suddenly she spoke, "I'm so sorry. Are you okay ?"

"Sorry about what ?" I asked.

Briefly she held up a hypodermic needle where the needle itself was bent, like someone tried to stick it through a brick wall. I realized then she must've jabbed it in my butt, but because I was becoming more and more impervious, she actually bent the needle trying to put it in me. And then I had to wonder, was she trying to put something in, or take my blood out ?

"Mom ?" I asked with alarm in my voice, seeing the other nurse pull out a needle of her own.

Mom saw the look in my eyes and then whirled her head to look now at the two not-so-innocent nurses. She turned back around and hit a button for the closest floor. The two nurses were all apologetic but I knew there was no way that one could've "accidentally" jammed that needle into me, as hard as she could.

"We'll take the stairs !" Mom said and we dashed out the moment the elevator doors opened.

"What happened there ? What did you do ?" she was asking me as we started to descend a flight of stairs.

"I'll tell you later." I replied, "Let's just get out of here."

Outside there was a collection of doctors and nurses where earlier there were none before. That wouldn't have been so scary except the moment we exited, all their eyes were on me.

"Miss Borne ! Susanne Borne !" one of the doctors called to us approaching, as two nurses tried to get behind us.

"Just what the hell did you do !?" Mom asked me seeing it was quite obvious they didn't want us to leave. Now we were fighting, just trying to get in the car and go home and the whole hospital staff was trying to stop us.

We finally did manage to get in the car and screech away from the parking lot, but not before having two ambulances take off in hot pursuit after us, running lights but silent.

"Are you going to tell me or not !?" My Mom was frantic now and frightened, and she had reason to be.

She looked to me and it was clear I was not telling her something.

"Are you in any trouble !?" she asked. "Honey - sweetie ?? Talk to me !"

I shook my head, "I'll tell you when we get home."

There was a screech of tires. "We're not going to make it home - not with them after us !" she said, looking in her rear view mirror as one ambulance tried to run us off the road.



END OF CHAPTER 92



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing