FB3-95 "Aliens Amongst Us"

FB3-95 "Aliens Amongst Us"

A Chapter by dw817
"

"Are you saying I'm an animal !?" I asked with rage. He held up a hand. "Let me say that you might need to prove you aren't." He paused for a moment. Then added, "You are human, are you not ?"

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© April 2019 - Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 95 - "Aliens Amongst Us"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Umeko had chosen one of the 24-hour coffee shops. This one was called the, "Coffee, Tea, Or Me."

Inside Dempsey pulled out a roll of $100 bills. Deep inside was a $20. He used that to pay for coffee for everyone.

Once they had all sat down furthest from everyone, he spoke. "Alright, Princess. It is good to see you, in fact. Now - you tell us your side - how did you get away from Arkos ?"

She wasn't going to say anything until she had fixed the coffee the way she liked it. Lots of cream and sugar. Taking a deep sip she began, "As you know, our leader, Arkos, was shot in the head by some type of futuristic weapon. Alien technology is not beyond the scope of what could've happened."

She continued, "It certainly wouldn't surprise me considering the kids we had with esper and almost magical abilities."

Dempsey interceded, "What about Stefani ? She was murdered by that girl, Tyr, right ?"

Umeko shook her head, "No, she wasn't. She was found in the lowest level of Arkos' sewage treatment plant. Word is she lost her footing, and accidentally fell in. The machine then flushed her down to the bottom and - somehow got squished."

Dempsey's eyes grew wide with anger, "Squished ?"

She nodded, "Squished. The only thing we could retrieve neatly was her bracelet, which as you know is made of a derivative of Titanium, very difficult to break. The machine was set on 'compact' to make room for new waste. It was all very accidental."

"Accidental ?" Dempsey repeated. He wanted to be sure.

She nodded. "Accidental. Tyr, is that whom you're blaming ? She was nowhere near Stefani at the time. Both her and Dev were seen escaping to the surface before her demise."

She stood from her chair to stand behind Dempsey and put a supportive hand on his shoulder. "Your mission is over for them, guys. You don't need to collect Dev or Tyr any longer. Nor do I think either deserves your wrath. They are ultimately - just kids after all. Their parents will take care of them."

Pritchart now spoke, "You mentioned a job ?"

But then Petrov ribbed Pritchart and gave him a funny look. Pritchart held out a hand for him to explain.

"Umeko." Petrov said, "Coot geeve 3-meenut to cooleek and meeself, no ?"

Umeko stood tall away from Dempsey, "Yes. That's fine, Petrov. Let me wash up in the restroom. I'll be back in a moment to hear what you've decided."

Then the three were alone.

. . .

It was morning back in the desert. The freak blizzard was gone. The sun was beating down and already the thirsty ground was soaking up the last of the melted snow. Despite only a day of fresh water, green growth perked up every few feet from the previously dry-as-a-bone sand.

Rare desert insects, less than an inch long ravaged the new growth for their succulent minuscule leaves. Desert bats, usually confined to caves, collected in small droves to eat these newly appearing insects before the plants withered in the now desert heat.

The solar panels back at the hospital were working just fine now and the building shifted from emergency reserve to standard electricity and future storage.

A sudden light winked on in the room where Tyr was and it awoke the nurse, Margaret. She stumbled out of the chair and the clipboard she had written words on in the night slipped out of her lap and fell noisily on the ground.

Tyr stirred !

Margaret at once grabbed the clipboard with ready pen and went to Tyr. But Tyr was no longer talking in her sleep. She was awake !

Margaret went into her positive bedside manner and smiled down at her. "How you feeling now ?" she asked.

Tyr yawned, her mouth open wide - and then asked, "What happened ?"

"We found you outside."

Tyr did not respond to this. Margaret added, "In the desert."

"Desert ?" Tyr exclaimed with surprise.

* * *

Margaret smiled. Indeed it seemed the doctor was right. She was not from around here at all. Not to be stunned by so simple a word that was said hundreds of times daily. So just how did she come here ?

"Yes, you're in the major Gobi, at a hospital. You were found unconscious by a dune."

Tyr's eyes grew wide but she kept silent.

"Can I ask where you came from ?" Margaret inquired.

Tyr opened her mouth to explain, but realized her explanation might be deemed madness on her part so she quickly closed her mouth again. A moment later she spoke quietly, "I don't know."

Margaret smirked. She knew a lie when she heard it. "Is that a fact - have no idea where you came from ?" She set down the clipboard. "Well, until you do, you can't leave the hospital. You might have - a concussion or something. You must stay here until your memory returns and you can answer my question."

"I'm okay." Tyr said, pleadingly.

Margaret narrowed her eyes at the girl. "I'm sure you are. In any case, our doctor here would like to ask you some questions. I'll call him on the pager now."

. . .

Back to the future, Murphy and company were just finalizing their calculations. They used their fingers to stab and drag in mid-air as a hologram of numbers and charts whizzed in and out of focus - all for the sake of the calculation of a slingshot orbit effect around the sun.

Finally the calculations were complete. It took 2-scientists and 2-more mathematicians to confirm the formula, trajectory, speed, and acceleration were all accurate to the last decimal place.

A spaceship was prepared. There was heavy emphasis on outer armor to withstand the sun's incredible heat. It wouldn't do to have the ship correctly travel back in time if the pilot was a mere charred corpse for 20th century scientists to dissect and alter future events.

In addition to the armor on the ship, the pilot chosen wore heavy armor himself. A spacesuit, yes, but one with emphasis for withstanding searing heat. The suit itself was almost 1.5x the size of the occupant. Inside he could freely move the limbs at a comfortable 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

He was fitted into the ship. Upon ejecting the ship and suit would a minute later self-destruct, atomize using a small fusion explosion, leaving no evidence of a spaceship, spacesuit, or any sized pieces scientists could make use of to make changes to the future with advanced technology.

The timing had to be precise. It would be 16-hours from now before they launched their ship as the sun then would be in the precise location they needed !

. . .

I didn't have to wait long. Maintaining a prone position on the gurney, I heard a door behind me open up. It was the unmistakable voice of Divan, apparently the head of this hospital.

"Where is Dev ?" he asked.

I heard a slight movement of fabric. Apparently they were pointing at me. A long shadow loomed over me and I did my level best to appear still. Then he picked up my wrist to look at it. Clearly the needle was not attached.

He quickly tried to reconnect it but the needle refused to pierce my skin.

Frustrated he threw it down then spoke, "He's awake, you stupid fools ! Bind him !"

Quick hands grabbed both of my own and placed them in the hollow of my chest. Then handcuffs were clicked around them. I stayed still with my eyes closed.

"You're not sleeping." Divan said with irritation in his voice. "Open your eyes. I have a few questions for you."

I saw I could not play possum any longer. I opened my eyes and sat up. At once I heard a gun's hammer click in readiness behind me.

"You would shoot me ?" I asked fearfully.

Divan leaned his face forward. "Oh no, you're too valuable. That's just a precaution. An animal tranquilizer."

"Are you saying I'm an animal !?" I asked with rage.

He held forward a dismissive hand. "Let me say that you might need to prove you are human." He paused for a moment. Then added, "You are human, are you not ?"

"Yes."

"But you have no way to prove it to me."

"Wha ? What do you mean ?"

He lifted the needle that wouldn't penetrate my skin. "This, for instance. In a normal human, it would pierce the skin and in seconds you would be asleep from the concentrated drug. If you can prove to me you are human, right here and now, and I will let you and your Mother go."

He handed me the needle. I saw they had already connected a bracelet to my left wrist intended on maintaining the flow from the needle. I then took the needle and gently guided it to my wrist - where it refused to pierce.

I tried three times in a row. It wouldn't go.

I put down my hand and then tried to painfully pierce my arm, my chest, anything with the sharp end. It was like trying to push a needle through a brick.

Divan leaned forward with a smug look, "As I suspected. It's okay if you're not human though. You'll fit in here just fine."

"Fit ... in ... ?" I asked.

He offered me to get off the gurney which I did. He then undid the handcuffs and handed me a bundle of clothing all neatly folded. He pointed to a folding curtain shield and offered I change clothes.

I kept worrying about my Mom so I did as he said, and went behind there for privacy to change my clothes. I was now in some type of cheap baby blue robe and underwear both of which could be described as made out of a thin sheet like the material for a pillowcase. It also held a 3-digit number, 027 where the heart would be.

He took my original clothes and stuffed them into a large plastic crate that had my name on it.

I shivered, not just in fear but I was cold in this new vulnerable clothing.

He looked at me, "That's just fine. From now on, your name is "twenty-seven." You are to wear these clothes until you sleep at night. I know you're worried about your Mother. We'll take good care of her as long as you behave and respect our staff and their rules. For now, we'll let your Mom sleep. It's time you were introduced to the rest of your kind."

With that he reconnected the handcuffs, once again from the front. I held my tongue. I had no doubt he would explain everything - over time.



END OF CHAPTER 95



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing