FB4-75 "Prime Dibs & Juicy Stakes"

FB4-75 "Prime Dibs & Juicy Stakes"

A Chapter by dw817
"

Janet neatly dealt the cards out, 5 to each player and then spoke louder. "New rules this hand ! One-eyed Jacks, wild. Armed Knights, wild. Bedpost B***h, wild."

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 4th Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© November 2020 - Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 75 - "Prime & Juicy Stakes"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Good afternoon again.


I wanted to start with that I have indeed received my new audio recorder and have been using it at night. It could be because I am now taking =2= different kinds of anti-psychotics, not just Seroquel now, that my dreams are not as clear and vivid as they were.


It's also exceedingly difficult to wake up in the morning.


And my dreams ? Oh they are still strange. I had believed I bought this weird device over the internet that claimed it warped reality. You wore it on your head and according to the Youtube video I saw it distorted things around you - but it was merely an optical illusion.


For some reason I had one but I was pretty sure I hadn't paid for it. I went to a mirror to look and noticed it had a high speed fan right in front of my eyes running a very particular speed.


Everything seemed to be running at 15 frames-per-second because of the way the fan-blades blocked and allowed my vision in this timing mode. I put out my hand in the mirror and was shocked to see it reaching out beyond my arm and through the mirror.


I suddenly felt something grab it. Me ! On the other side of the mirror ! I started yanking and pulling when I woke from the nightmare.


So yes the dreams are busy but instead of 10 a night I'm lucky to have one or two now.


. . .


Another thing I wanted to address is, Trump. Now since he lost he sure has been a sore loser about it. I came up with this silly writing to detail his time with a teacher that believes he does not know how to count properly, in this case votes, and wants to teach him how to thinking it will benefit him.


. . .


Teacher: President Trump. It has come to our attention that you do not know how to count votes.

Trump:  Lies. They're all lies I tell you. Biden is nothing but a liar.

Teacher: We're ... not talking about Biden right now.

Trump: He has to be stopped for the good of America.

Teacher: Right, if I can just have your attention for a moment please.

Trump: And I'll sue if I don't win. I'll sue every state that didn't vote for me.

Teacher: Good to know. Let's start shall we ? Now Billy has 2 apples and Jenny has 3 apples. How many apples do they have together ?

Trump: Did they vote for me ?

Teacher: What ? No, that doesn't matter.

Trump: But it does matter. Every vote counts you know.

Teacher: Yes but right now we're counting apples.

Trump: It's apple to oranges. It's all fake news.

Teacher: We're not talking about the news right now.

Trump: No missy, YOU are not talking about the news right now and that means you are spreading fake news. Fake. Fake. Fake ! You ought to be ashamed of yourself !

Teacher: President Trump, please focus. How many apples do you have ?

Trump: They're not my apples they are THE apples.

Teacher: Fine. The apples. Can you count how many of THE apples are there ?

Trump: I'm counting on being re-elected !

Teacher: Yes but that's not the counting I want here. Now can you please tell me about these apples ?

Trump: I don't like apples. I never have, the peel gets under your teeth. It's bad business for everyone. I say we cancel the farmer's fruit and apple trade right now for the good of America. (he raises his hand with his fingers clenched)


Make America Great Again !

Teacher: ...!


. . .


Take that as you like it. :)


I also wanted to mention an interesting website I came across that has - unusual gifts to be sure and certainly reasonably prices. The website is called Vat19.com and features a wide assortment and variety of items you have likely seen nowhere else.


Understand I don't work for them nor do I get any commission from them - I just like the products they carry and wanted to share that information with you.


I have also started ordering a few interesting items starting with my niece and will work my way around to my other friends and family as their delivery time is quite quick when you compare it to Amazon and especially EBay.




This is one where you receive a semi-hard sand block and using the 4-tool pick you work at the sand to remove the treasures inside. One of which is a cool skeleton warrior figure that you have to assemble.


The eyepiece seen to the left is used on a map aligning with the shapes in the holes showing you what bonus gift you have received.


The treasure chest is quite interesting. You add water to the top of it (leave it in the sink) as it will bubble and fizz over floating to the top treasure you have hidden inside, and that treasure chest is also originally buried in the sand block.


I suggest you set out a towel or something before you start digging in the sand to catch the bits and pieces. Then when you're done carefully fold up the towel and shake it free outside - keeping all the charming treasures of course separately.


At a mere $13 with free shipping & handling I think it's an interesting and unusual gift to give someone outside of the classic gifts of sweater and tie. Hmm ... Okay enough product placement. :)


And with that, let's get back to Dev who has just had his first and successfully won game of cards called, "Five Card Stud Penalty."

I t was my turn to deal again. I started to shuffle the cards again when Janet stopped me.

"What are you doing ?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Shuffling the cards."

She shook her head, "Don't do that. Not yet. Wait until we have to."

I looked at her for a second. Was there a reason for this ? I wasn't sure.

I thought carefully about the rules in this game. What was different about it than regular card games ?

Then it hit me. The FOLD ! If you fold in this game you must STILL reveal whatever cards you had before you folded. Janet was insistent on this. I smiled, rocket-scientist that she likely was, she was card counting !

That is memorizing every card that was seen and determining the ratio and probability of which cards would appear next from the dwindling deck.

Keeping this in mind I tried to do the same.

After a few hands of me winning it was clear that was exactly what she was doing. And I was doing the same.

Unfortunately after my 2nd shuffle the cards turned bad on me despite me trying to memorize which were next, and I passed the deck over to Janet who had won.

She neatly dealt them out, 5 to each player and then spoke louder.

"New rules this hand ! One-eyed Jacks, wild. Armed Knights, wild. Bedpost B***h, wild."

Then she took one of her cards and turned it over. "Your turn, Dev."

I was aghast with the new rules ! "Wha - wait ! Wait wait wait. Hold the onions ! What the heck did you just do !?"

She smiled sweetly at me, "Dev as a dealer you are allowed to make up to 3 rules for wild cards. I thought you knew."

I grimaced at her, "This is your card game with your rules !"

She grinned toothily, "Ain't it though ? Okay, so pick a card Dev, which to turn over ?"

I shook my head in frustration and turned over one of my cards.

"Wild !" she said nodding her head.

"Which card !?" I asked. I knew I only had one card. I hoped she would explain which cards exactly were wild and not by their silly surnames.

"THIS one is wild." she said pointing to my card of Jacks.

Then it was Tyr's turn, Ben's turn, finally Janet's turn again.

We got to the end of the hand and I stayed all the way to the end.

Tyr had apparently won with - well nothing if the rules were normal.

"Four of a kind !" she exclaimed with excitement over completely random cards.

Ben put down his cards, "Beats me, I only have 2-pair." Once again the cards made no sense to me.

Janet set her cards down. "I only got a Full House."

I was listening to this with my mouth open in shock. There was NO way I was going to win a hand with all these wild cards flipping around !

Janet clearly enjoying the fact of my utter confusion came over to me. "Very nice, Dev. You have a straight !"

"I do ?" I looked to my mismatched cards that wouldn't amount to anything at all in a regular Poker game. I didn't even have any high cards !

She punched me in the arm, "Naah, I'm teasing, you got nuttin'. Keep at it and you'll be in that bathtub in no time !"

I was going to say something but Tyr interrupted me, "Alright Ben. You go first."

Ben then took off his ribbon to place on the pile.

Janet took off her bracelet.

Then it was my turn. I looked at the ribbon on my shoulder and put it on the pile.

Janet spoke, "Tyr, you won so you're now the dealer."

* * *

I sighed. This would be better. Tyr could barely play Old Maid last I remembered so she was probably doing her level best just to stay up with us. I gave her an encouraging smile.

She neatly dealt out the 5 face down cards.

"Rules ?" Janet asked.

I grinned. There was no way Tyr would make this game more complicated than it was. I might actually win this hand with normal cards.

But then she raised her voice and spoke, "Dewey Deuces, wild ! Devil's Bedpost, wild ! Sawbucks, wild !"

As I was mulling over these new crazy rules she quickly turned over one of her cards and spoke. "Yeah, a wild."

So that helped me. It was a 10 of Hearts. So the 10 of Hearts must be wild.

Ben got a 4 of Clubs. Janet got a 10 of Spades. "Wild." she said quietly to herself.

So that told me at least the 10 of Hearts and 10 of Spades were wild. Perhaps I could learn which wild cards are from this way ?

But no, once everyone had turned over the first card they gave no audible suggestion any of the others were. And they might be - they might not.

It was pretty clear I was feeling frustrated. I felt sweat bead down my forehead. I suppose I could quit the game anytime I wanted but then I would be certain not to get that wonderful Captain Circumference glass case play-set.

A voice pulled me from my thoughts.

It was Janet, "Dev ! You're holding up the game ! Do you want to exchange a card or not ?"

"Yeah, whatever." I said and without thinking pulled a 10 of Clubs from my hand to give to Janet.

She handed me another card to replace it. Then looked at the card I gave her. "Really, Dev ! You're giving up a wild card ? You must have quite the amazing hand !"

Tyr and Ben nodded. As if the game weren't hard enough now it seemed like all 3 of them were now against me !

Indeed the hands that followed they all folded early and it was me that was running out of articles.

On the 4th hand Tyr had removed her blouse revealing her pert pink chest. Ben had removed his shirt showing a washboard chest and minuscule hair all over. Janet had taken off her jeans. As for me, I was down to my last article, my underwear !

Ben leaned forward from my right to whisper in my ear. "Hey, it's okay. You won't be cold. When you lose and have to get in the bathtub, I'll run a nice warm bath for you. You like strawberry don't you ?"

"St - st - strawberry ?" I could barely get the words out for I was just completely overwhelmed be him being without his shirt and the very strong smell of musk and cologne coming from him.

My nervousness only seemed to interest him more as he audibly scooted his wooden chair closer and whispered warm in my ear. "That's right, strawberry. I had a feeling you might lose here and I wanted to make your losing as sweet as possible. I brought strawberry bubble-bath. Enough for both of us !"

It was like an explosion went off in my ears. This huge man wanted to have an intimate bubble-bath with me, nude ! And likely the girls would look on and gloat and leer at my humiliation !

"Ah, maybe later." I said trying unsuccessfully to regain my composure.

He purred in my ear, louder so the girls could hear him now. "Sure thing, baby. Later. Like maybe 5-minutes from now."

"5-minutes for what ?" Tyr asked. Ben just continued to eye me up and down as if I were some type of savory meat dish for him to relish and devour - and a very short time from now.

Tyr saw this and got the giggles. "Oh God ! Dev you got yourself a BOYFRIEND !"

Even Janet was laughing, "Ha ! I wasn't even paying attention. Yep, Dev. You're down to your last bet ! Better make this next hand count."

She saw Ben's attentioned were fully on me and added, "If it makes you feel any better Ben has always been kind and considerate to me. An absolutely wonderful man. I'm sure he won't treat you any different when you lose. So you two just enjoy yourselves !"

I tried to speak now but could only squeak like one of those dog toys. I couldn't catch my breath. My heart was in my throat and hell let's be honest I didn't have butterflies in my belly I had fully grown CONDORS all flapping around in there making me a lot more hot and dizzy than I already was.

What would happen in 5-minutes from now ? My brain didn't want to think about it !

Then it came to be my turn again. Janet leered, "You want to concede now and take your penalty as well as your punishment or - put on your big boy pants, suck it up and keep playing ?"





END OF CHAPTER 75



Return back HOME





You are Earth Visitor # 







© 2020 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your description of that dream reminds me of the mirror scene in this old Mickey Mouse cartoon: https://youtu.be/yUDc78znrLM

Orange T**d forgot his lines: "I'm the biggest sore loser there ever was. Nobody is a bigger loser than Donald Trump."

Haha, that reminds me of the debate disaster.

Oh, tempting! I'll have to save that link for someday when Husband starts making more money and our rent goes down.

Oh wow, that strawberry thing reminds me of a puppyshipping fanfic I read many years ago. That's Seto Kaiba and Joey Wheeler for the record. Someone gave Joey a set of scented lubricants as a joke gift, and they read the flavors aloud, and Joey blushed when they got to strawberry, and Seto knew that was the one to use on him. I don't know why that story was so memorable, but the strawberry thing really stood out.

I liked the condor metaphor, too. Great chapter!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

3 Years Ago

I remember seeing that Mickey episode a long time ago. Could be - that's where it comes from. Of cou.. read more
Kari Rakitan

3 Years Ago

Nice! Yes, it will be interesting to see how the story develops :)



Reviews

Your description of that dream reminds me of the mirror scene in this old Mickey Mouse cartoon: https://youtu.be/yUDc78znrLM

Orange T**d forgot his lines: "I'm the biggest sore loser there ever was. Nobody is a bigger loser than Donald Trump."

Haha, that reminds me of the debate disaster.

Oh, tempting! I'll have to save that link for someday when Husband starts making more money and our rent goes down.

Oh wow, that strawberry thing reminds me of a puppyshipping fanfic I read many years ago. That's Seto Kaiba and Joey Wheeler for the record. Someone gave Joey a set of scented lubricants as a joke gift, and they read the flavors aloud, and Joey blushed when they got to strawberry, and Seto knew that was the one to use on him. I don't know why that story was so memorable, but the strawberry thing really stood out.

I liked the condor metaphor, too. Great chapter!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

3 Years Ago

I remember seeing that Mickey episode a long time ago. Could be - that's where it comes from. Of cou.. read more
Kari Rakitan

3 Years Ago

Nice! Yes, it will be interesting to see how the story develops :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Future Barrier - The 4th Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing