AR- Chapter 5

AR- Chapter 5

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

enjoy!

"

5

-Akio and Asumi’s Past-

Part 2

                “Get back here you little brat!” an elderly man yelled. Asumi and Akio watched as the old man ran after the little kid. The kid was carrying stolen money in his pocket. He looked no older than five Asumi noticed. He was about the same age as her and Akio. She looked over at Akio and he nodded. Asumi and Akio had decided to stop stealing after a week and help people in the town from robbers. It happened almost every day. The townsfolk gave them either food items so that they didn’t have to steal it. Asumi and Akio had realized their mistakes and wanted to pay the people back for it.

                Asumi ran as quickly as she could to catch up with the boy. He noticed that she was following him. He jumped back behind her. He stuck his foot out and tripped her. Asumi fell to her knees. Anger flashed in her eyes. She jumped on top of the boy, pinned him down, and held a knife to his throat. She used the knife as a scare tactic. She never used it on anyone. “Give back the money you stole!”

                The old man had caught up with them at this point. The little boy was crying, Asumi let go one of his hands, and he took the money out of his pocket. He handed it to Asumi and she handed it to the man. She took the knife away from the boy’s throat. She helped him up, but he was still crying. Akio walked towards Asumi and the boy. Asumi felt bad that she had scared him so badly. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to scare you. I just don’t think stealing is right.”

                The boy nodded, but he couldn’t say anything. The old man was starting to feel bad for the boy. He knew that little boy from somewhere, but he didn’t know where. “Asumi, Akio, thank you for retrieving my money for me. Follow me so I can give you your reward for helping me today.”

                “Akio, you can go. I don’t feel right leaving him. I want to clean his cut so it doesn’t get infected,” Asumi said. She knew he had gotten it when she jumped on him. Akio nodded and followed the old man. Asumi ran into her home, got a cloth, cleaned the cut, and put a bandage on his knee. The boy felt better and smiled.

                “Thank you!”

                “I’m sorry about earlier,” Asumi said. She reached out his hand to her to shake it. He shook her hand and let go.

                “It’s alright. I understand,” he said.

                “Why don’t you stay and eat with us,” she asked with enthusiasm. He gave her a shocked look, but nodded. He didn’t realize how nice Asumi was.

                “Where did you get that knife from,” the boy asked with wide eyes.

                “My friend gave it to me. It has always been my favorite knife. My house is right over. Come on in,” Asumi responded in a friendly tone. She had always loved having guests over when her parents were alive. Her mother had always told her she was an eager child. She never understood why.

                “Sure, I would like to come in,” he responded shyly and followed her into the house. Asumi gestured for him to sit at the table while she got him water. Asumi was a little bit quiet while Akio was getting whatever their reward was. It was most likely a large loaf of bread, vegetables, fruits, and a little bit of meat. That is normally what they were rewarded. Sometimes they were given money, but it depended. Asumi was always grateful for whatever they received. Once after they received money she left some of it on the bread stand that they had stolen from. Asumi smiled when she saw the shocked look on the bread stand owner’s face when he saw the money.

                Akio entered the house with a huge smile on his face. He had a couple of bucks in his hand and some meat. He frowned when he saw the boy was sitting at the table. It was as if Akio was jealous. Asumi smiled at Akio, took the food, and placed it on the counter. The silence in the house was starting to scare the boy. He looked down at his hands awkwardly and questioned why he came in.

                “What is your name,” Asumi asked and cut a piece of bread for all of them. She noticed how thin he was. It looked as if he hadn’t eaten in days. That was how most people in the town looked. Not everyone could afford food.

                “My name is Yuki. I live a couple of streets away from here,” he responded a little shyly. She felt weird that he was being shy. He was more open before. She handed him the piece of bread she cut for him and gave him a piece of apple. He gulped the apple down pretty quickly. He put the bread in his pocket for a later time.

                “Hmm…so you live in a different part of town? Guess that’s why I have never seen you before. Then again I have never ventured off this street. I would be scared too in all honesty,” Akio responded.

                “I was really scared to leave, but I wanted to get away from the horrible man I  live with. He doesn’t love me and I never really don’t love him. Mother loves him, but I really don’t understand why. Well he isn’t really living with us anymore because he was called to fight in the war. He is fighting although he doesn’t have a good arm. He was training to learn to use his other arm in combat. It’s going to destroy our town even more. Homes will be even more broken down than before. I know it’s going to affect here too,” Yuki said with tears falling down his cheeks.

                “I heard about the war from other people here,” Akio responded.

                “I heard about the war too, but I didn’t believe them when they told me. I didn’t really think it was going on,” Asumi responded looking at Yuki. She was starting to notice his features. He had hazel eyes, strawberry blonde hair, and a round face although his body was thin.

                “Don’t cry, Yuki, everything will be okay eventually. You just have to look forward to the future,” Akio responded his voice a little cold. Asumi listened to the two boys talk. She looked back and forth between them. Yuki nodded, but looked down at his hands again. Asumi was starting to assume that he was a shy type, but he was eager to get money.

                “I do have one question for you, Yuki,” Asumi said looking deep into his hazel eyes.

                “Yes,” Yuki asked running a hand through his strawberry blonde hair.

                “Why did you steal that money?”

                Yuki looked down at the floor. “I was trying to get money for medicine for my mother. She is really sick and we do have a medical firm up the street from us. I need to take her there and get the medicine as quick as possible. I can’t lose her…she is the only person in the world that I know loves me,” Yuki said more tears falling down his cheeks. Asumi could feel her heart breaking for him. She knew how it felt to lose someone she loved. She didn’t want anyone else to suffer as much as she has. It had only been a week since they died and so much has already happened. She looked at Akio.

                “Akio, I need to talk to you,” Asumi responded grabbing his arm and dragged him into their bedroom. Akio sighed and already knew what she was going to ask him. He knew how kind she was and he was starting to hate it.

                “You want to him money, right,” Akio asked trying to keep the anger out of his voice. Asumi nodded and he handed half of the money they received to her. They were just lucky that times were rough and things were still cheap. Asumi skipped to the kitchen and handed Yuki the money. He gave her an astonished look. He tackled Asumi and gave her the biggest hug he could muster.

                “Thank you so much!”

                With that Yuki ran back towards his own home. “Asumi, honestly, you are too nice.”

                “What’s wrong with being nice, Akio?” Asumi asked glaring at him.

                “Nothing, nothing at all, but I am glad that you wanted to help him,” Akio responded.



© 2014 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh Asumi, you kindhearted girl. Aiko doesn't appear as generous, however? But hey, as they say, opposites attract! I love the kindness shown to Yuki. It probably is easy for them, yknow, considering the conditions they live with.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Yeah, it is pretty hard for them to live in this time! Thank you for your kind reviews!
A very sweet chapter. It reveals Asumis character and into the war that is taking place. Very interesting Angie. Well done. xoxo

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review!
You will be surprised what happens in the next part. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 5, 2014
Last Updated on June 11, 2014


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing