This Must Stop

This Must Stop

A Story by Angie Diane♥♥

             One day too late because you just lost your best friend to suicide.  Why did you lose her? You didn’t do anything to help her. She needed you the most when YOU turned her away because you didn’t want to get your reputation ruined. YOU just wanted to fit in with the popular crowd while you left your best friend crying and hurting. What do you think of that now? Do you blame YOURSELF or do you blame HER for doing what she did?

                While the reality of the situation is that it is your fault that she is gone. You were the one who didn’t see the warning signs. She was changing and you could see it. You didn’t ask her what was wrong. You just let it be and now you lost her. Didn’t you care what happened to her? Or did you want to risk her friendship to be friends with something you are not? Well you technically did risk your friendship because you left your friend alone. Well you aren’t really a friend now are you?

                You saw that your best friend was growing more distant. She was becoming quieter and kept to herself. Wasn’t she outgoing in the beginning? Wasn’t she the one who used to drag you to become more social? She was the social butterfly and everyone you know loved her. But what happened to turn the tables? Why did everyone stop loving her? Was it because of that lovely rumor that was spread around about her behind her back? The rumor that said, “She is a terrible person. I heard that she slept with more than one guy at the same time. I hear that she got pregnant and got an abortion. I didn’t think she was that cruel until now.”

                Do you remember that day? That day was the day when she started to lose friends. She cried in her room for hours while you comforted her. You helped her through all of the times that she needed you to cry on. That’s when you cared about her, but did you care when she was becoming different? The answer to that question would be no.

                Why did she commit suicide you ask? Well since I was there when you weren’t I can tell you what happened to her. By the end of this you can tell me how you feel. I want you to feel the anger in my words as I tell you the tale of why you lost “your best friend”.

                It all started on a simple day and the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. Your friend was in the prime of her life. She was happy and that’s all that mattered. You were actually still her best friend at the time. When she got to school that day…her world changed drastically.

                “Oh my God, do you see that girl over there? I heard she slept with those two guys at once.” Someone said. (Yes, her story began here, but you should have known this already.) She turned around to look at the person who said that. It was one of your brand new popular friends. Did I mention you decided to go out for cheerleading and you made the team? That was when you started hanging out with them instead of your best friend.

                “Oh my God! I can’t believe she even can face coming in here. Doesn’t she know that everyone hates her now because she had that abortion?” Another girl said giving her a dirty look. She caught the look and shook with fear. You smiled at her because you didn’t hear what the other girls were saying. You were telling her about the amazing night you had with the star player of the football team. (He’s a jerk to ladies by the way though he really liked you.) She just looked at the ground her eyes watering. You asked what was wrong, but you didn’t get an answer. The new people that you were hanging out with called you over. You left your best friend to go see what they wanted.

                “Don’t you know that you shouldn’t be talking to that girl?” Said the same person that started the rumor about her.

                “No, she is my best friend. Why shouldn’t I talk to her anymore?” You admitted out in the open. The other girls gave you the shocked look and started whispering. They whispered in your ear and you believed every word of it. You even asked your best friend about what they said. You saw hurt flood her eyes when she ran from you.

                The two other people that were snickering about her came over to you. “Ditch her and we will still be great friends.”

                “I guess if I have to I will stay friends with you guys.” You told them not caring about your friend at the moment. In your mind you decided you will sit with her when you got home that day.

                For the next few months you only hung out with her after school. You wouldn’t hang out with her on weekends anymore. How did that make your friend feel? (Not so good since she died because of you.) You were always with your new popular friends that didn’t like her anymore. After that rumor was spread about her she wasn’t well liked. Who spread the rumor though? (That you may never find out.)

                She started to get things thrown at her every day. People would snicker at her behind her back. Someone would throw her books on the ground when they passed her. People would knock her books off her desk. Start fights with her for no apparent reason. She would just let people hit her because she wouldn’t fight back anymore. She used to fight all her battles, but now she will just stand there.

                People would scream, “Just go die! No one wants you to be alive. We all want you gone because you got that abortion. You are a baby killer. Now please go die to see how that baby felt.” That rumor wasn’t true because your best friend never got pregnant and you knew it. You just followed what the crowd was saying. You never screamed anything out at her though.

                A month later after all that treatment she ended her life because everybody wanted her too. Do you understand now why she ENDED her life? Do you see why she stopped talking in class? All of her grades dropped. She started to wear long sleeves even in the summer. What did that show you? Didn’t you think she was harming herself? Well to be honest she was and you didn’t do anything to stop this.

                You should have been the voice in the crowd. You should have been the one to stop this, but you were too busy with your little clique. Now you lost the best person that you ever had in your life. She ended hers because she didn’t believe anyone liked her.

                I blame you for not speaking out. YOU should have SPOKE OUT to help her. Maybe then she would still be alive.

© 2016 Angie Diane♥♥


Author's Note

Angie Diane♥♥
This story is to seem as if you are the best friend and I'm telling you the story...of why she did what she did.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bold and powerfully written. I've lost someone to suicide, and I'm not sure if this story's true or just to get a point across, but I know those feelings of "what if" well. It's a tragedy when someone decides to end their life. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I wrote this after I wrote a speech on bullying....
John Stussy

11 Years Ago

I hope the speech went well. Bullying should never happen, there's no reason for it at all.
Angie Diane♥♥

11 Years Ago

There really wasn't...and people picked on me in my class. I was tired of everything so I chose bull.. read more



Reviews

Some heavy and serious stuff. Unfortunate indeed that those things happen. People need to be loved, encouraged and shown compassion. You write real life events so well.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

You are welcome.
This was a very compelling story and the video really adds a touch to it. Adding music to it will create a deeper environment. Any instrumental will do. Trust me its how people get caught on. I'm about to make bids as well and since I am a musician I will know when to add to it. If you ever need music let me know. Just a friendly suggestion.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Bold and powerfully written. I've lost someone to suicide, and I'm not sure if this story's true or just to get a point across, but I know those feelings of "what if" well. It's a tragedy when someone decides to end their life. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I wrote this after I wrote a speech on bullying....
John Stussy

11 Years Ago

I hope the speech went well. Bullying should never happen, there's no reason for it at all.
Angie Diane♥♥

11 Years Ago

There really wasn't...and people picked on me in my class. I was tired of everything so I chose bull.. read more
Pretty heavy... nice job sis.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

11 Years Ago

thank you sissy.
wow... sad and powerful

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

11 Years Ago

Thank you, father. :)
Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

NP baby girl
I've read and commented on this story before but considering our conversations as of late..this piece really hit home. Thank you so much for writing this and for being a awesome friend. (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is completely PERFECT Angie...god, if only people would freaking realize!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I cryed reading this....its so true and hits such a sore spot! Everyone now is trying to cover up bullying and suger coat it but its a real problem that many kids have to face everyday . Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heartbreaking. Rumors, in my opinion, are the worst kind of bullying. They spread like cancer. This hit home and had a really big impact. And I applaud you for being brave and bold enough to write about a topic like this. The world needs more people like you to help spread the word about the seriousness of bullying.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a very powerful piece with a great message to share... bullying, suicide, and depression affect a lot of teenagers and young adults now a days and it is really painful to see,hear,watch and just imagine being that person... how would they feel and how would their family and friends react... still great piece and i love the way the story was told

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1868 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on June 16, 2011
Last Updated on February 27, 2016

Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Parapraxis Parapraxis

A Poem by OT


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT


Cracked Cracked

A Chapter by Bare Bohemian